Author Topic: Help me pay (GoFundMe) for surgery to fix my unilateral gynecomastia.  (Read 1063 times)

Offline TN2GA

• Posting Member
I don't know if this is an appropriate place to post something like this, but I thought it was worth a shot.

Surgery is likely the only way to fix my unilateral gyno.  Sadly, my health insurance won't pay for gynecomastia surgery because it is considered a "cosmetic procedure." I'm trying to eat better and cut back drastically on my alcohol intake, hoping a better bill of health will improve the situation, but it is more complicated than that. Unfortunately, once gyno sets in, surgery is the only way to correct the problem.  Gyno surgery can run from $3,000-$7,000 depending on the procedure. I'm going to try to call and find out more information tomorrow and I may lower the GoFundMe goal based on quotes. I've read the average price for gynecomastia surgery is $3,978, according to 2018 statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.

The condition has left me depressed and with low self esteem. I'm afraid to take my shirt off at the pool or on a boat this summer, for example. I just want my confidence back and able to enjoy myself again. Summer is my favorite time of year, and this has put a huge damper on it.  :-( I need surgery or it is possible this deformity will be permanent!

You can pitch in whatever amount you want. Don't feel bad for leaving $1 or $5... just a response is generous enough. I'm hoping power in numbers will leave me with enough to treat this awful condition that has left me desperate for a solution. My mental health has been greatly affected, and the stress and depression is not good for me.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-me-with-treating-my-gynecomastia?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_co_campmgmt_w&fbclid=IwAR3J-ss1kypTs9qKosnFKUy9nse-5ocuDOmFX9Ho_PKHXAkjhy_efweoDzY

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024