Author Topic: To bra, or not to bra  (Read 9025 times)

Bridge

It has been a couple of weeks for me of wearing but I can say that the bra wearing has made my chest look even.  That alone has given me confidence.

Bridge

Here we go!  I'm siting in my office and a subcontractor came in.  I never gave it a thought that I was wearing a bra and took the meeting.
nothing said and or eyes popping.  After he left did I realize what happened.  I was wearing and felt confident and nothing happened. 
Gaining confidence.  

Offline prc7966

• Bronze Member
I would go so far as to say the vast majority of people won't notice. People tend not to notice things that they are not expecting to see. They likely aren't expecting to see a man wearing a bra so they likely aren't looking for the telltales. 

Offline blad

Here we go!  I'm siting in my office and a subcontractor came in.  I never gave it a thought that I was wearing a bra and took the meeting.
nothing said and or eyes popping.  After he left did I realize what happened.  I was wearing and felt confident and nothing happened. 
Gaining confidence. 
After a while of everyday wear, you are not even thinking about your bra as you go about your daily tasks and social interactions. 

But by contrast, if for some reason you are not wearing your bra you are constantly aware of the lack of support.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline JoeyR

To wear or not to wear is a big question for a lot of us. Wearing is definitely a journey and only you will know when and if you are ready.
I have been wearing bras at home for support and keeping shape for a long time, but am just recently adding the bra most of the time to my daily attire.
I wear when I am comfortable doing so. At other times I will wear a women's shelf tank under a button up shirt, and if I want to go stealth, I wear a beater. 
If you wear the beaters a size smaller than usual they give some support to the breasts. In any case, the beater of whatever size will help with the irritation to the nipples, and can pass the "laundry test".
I believe that compression shirts are harmful in that they flatten and damage the breast tissue and over time will give you super sagging breasts.

Joey

Offline SideSet

If you have breasts like a woman, then you need to wear a bra like a woman does.  Underwire bras give the best support. Padded/lined/molded cup bras do the best job of keeping your nipples from showing through.  Because you have a bust like a woman’s, women’s tops will feel and look best on you. 

Once you start wearing a bra, and get past the insecurity  of wearing one, you will find yourself being more comfortable and confident in a bra.

As you get dressed, the question will not be will you put on a bra, but rather, which of your bras you want to wear today, given your day’s planned activity, top, and mood.

Once you start, you’ll be wearing a bra the rest of your life, just like all the other people, mostly women, with breasts.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 01:23:39 PM by SideSet »

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I agree.  I came to grips that I needed a bra for support and comfort.    I’ve been wearing a bra for 5 weeks now and it’s the best decision I made and should have done it sooner.   I’m in the experimental phase of figuring out which bra to use for different occasions.    I actually like that part of it.    My breasts have been with me since being a teenager so I’ve accepted them and ready to support them.

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
While I do take note of what you're saying, I'm still at a size/shape (34C according to the basic measurements, no sagging) where it's not so easy to justify.  That said, it will certainly be nice to not have nipple pain.  But as I think I said earlier, that's more of a problem in the winter (or around the fridges of a supermarket).

And of course the financial part doesn't make it easier.  I do have enough money to buy some bras now, but I also have a few extra expenses that I have to take into consideration.  So it's not that easy.  I probably should start wearing at some point though.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
While I do take note of what you're saying, I'm still at a size/shape (34C according to the basic measurements, no sagging) where it's not so easy to justify.  That said, it will certainly be nice to not have nipple pain.  But as I think I said earlier, that's more of a problem in the winter (or around the fridges of a supermarket).

And of course the financial part doesn't make it easier.  I do have enough money to buy some bras now, but I also have a few extra expenses that I have to take into consideration.  So it's not that easy.  I probably should start wearing at some point though.
Getting rid of the nipple pain alone is worth it imo.  I had it for quite a while.  It wasn't debilitating anything.  Just a constant annoyance.  Since putting on a bra last week, I've been freed of the pain and am loving it.  If I had known not having nipple pain could feel so good, I would've started wearing a bra years ago. I'm just wearing a $10 bali bra (103J) so if money is an issue, something like that could work for you.  We are rather different sizes (me being bigger band but smaller cup) so your mileage may vary.

Offline SideSet

C cup is too big to be going around braless. Just ask any woman. 

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
Ok.  So I contacted a small local place that works on an appointment basis.  They only have less suitable stuff (mostly bedroom-oriented), but aparrantly their supplier is working on a range that should help.  They'll contact me when they have info.

Offline SideSet

So good you are beginning to take the actions you need to become a regular bra wearer.   I read one time that C cup is the average bra size for women. So, you are the same size as the average woman. And the average woman regularly wears a bra and accordingly has a needed collection of bras.  So, you should also. 

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
Yes, bra shopping is expensive for sure. When I bought my first bras 5 weeks ago, I dropped about $160.   I shopped at a plus size, partly because of my size 44B and I wanted to fitted properly.    Hope find something less expensive and comfortable.

Offline SideSet

Your size is going to limit where are you can shop. discount retailers, like Ross and marshals, have some really nice bras at very good prices, if you are willing to put in the time to keep looking, but not often at your size, sorry   

Offline Johndoe1

Yes, bra shopping is expensive for sure. When I bought my first bras 5 weeks ago, I dropped about $160.  I shopped at a plus size, partly because of my size 44B and I wanted to fitted properly.    Hope find something less expensive and comfortable.
At my size I never seem to get out of bra shopping for less than $150. My joke is DD means double dollars! Now I am not buying the most expensive bras but I have bought cheep bras and for the money they aren't comfortable or last as long as more expensive bras so in the long run I spend as much if not more for the cheep ones than if I just paid the money the first time. I still wear several bras I bought 2 years ago. They are just about at the end of life, but I have at least 100 wears. And that's about average life expectancy for a well made bra holding up DDs. I pay between$50 and $80 dollars on average per bra. Since I usually wear my bras 15 to 18 hours a day, comfort beats price anytime. I own 14 bras including my sports bras.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024