Author Topic: A quick survey;: Soft cup or underwire? Why do you prefer it?  (Read 7272 times)

Offline prc7966

• Bronze Member
I only have one underwire that works correctly for me but I think I like it better. I don't have to adjust the bras position at all through the day. Having said that, I do have more soft cups than underwire. 

Offline Getting boobs

• Posting Member
I think they once you find the size and brand that fits you the best, you will find that it quickly becomes your choice. It takes a little time and trying on several to find what works the best for you. We are all built different and what works for me, won’t always be best for you. 

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
I also wear a seamless underwire bra.  It provides great support and is very comfortable.  I'm a 38B but appear to be moving up to a 38C.

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
My preference is underwire.  I prefer the support they provide and wear them 14-16 hours a day.  Most of mine are unlined save a few, but they are minimally padded.  They are from Soma ams are the demi slightest lift. The cup material is fantastic and not hot.  

At times i wear a wireless, but my breasts are sore by the end of the day.  They are never sore in a wired bra.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
My first bras were cotton, non wired.   I did try on an unlined lace underwire bra and liked it a lot, but never bought it.   A month later I bought 2 of the lace, underwire bras and absolutely love them!!!   I tried on a molded, underwire bra recently and loved it, but I projected too much for my liking.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
My first bras were cotton, non wired.  I did try on an unlined lace underwire bra and liked it a lot, but never bought it.  A month later I bought 2 of the lace, underwire bras and absolutely love them!!!  I tried on a molded, underwire bra recently and loved it, but I projected too much for my liking.
Same boat.  All are wireless bras.  I have one underwire Ahh bra.  I only wear it on the weekends when washing my other bras (can't someone come up with washer/dryer safe bras?) It took me a little while to get used to.  I can see why those with bigger breasts like them.  It really stabilizes everything for me, but at only a b cup, I can get similar results with a wireless bra.  My main complaint about the underwire is that it makes my breasts bigger and puts them out there for everyone to see.  Not what I'm wanting at this point.

Offline SideSet

I prefer underwire because at my size I need support.  I also like the uplift and shaping of an underwire

CoffeeAndCake

Underwire. I wear a few no wired/seamless bras for comfort purpose as my breasts are a 34B and I don't really feel I need a bra but with some activity and clothing I find an underwire gives my breasts and posture a better appeal. My breasts are fairly full across the chest so when in the underwire cups I find they shape and fill better which gives me an honest developed pectoral look for the common onlooker who would see my projection but not think of a man with boobs

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
My first bras were cotton, non wired.  I did try on an unlined lace underwire bra and liked it a lot, but never bought it.  A month later I bought 2 of the lace, underwire bras and absolutely love them!!!  I tried on a molded, underwire bra recently and loved it, but I projected too much for my liking.
Same boat.  All are wireless bras.  I have one underwire Ahh bra.  I only wear it on the weekends when washing my other bras (can't someone come up with washer/dryer safe bras?) It took me a little while to get used to.  I can see why those with bigger breasts like them.  It really stabilizes everything for me, but at only a b cup, I can get similar results with a wireless bra.  My main complaint about the underwire is that it makes my breasts bigger and puts them out there for everyone to see.  Not what I'm wanting at this point.
I understand what you mean about what underwire does to your breasts.  I project a bit too when I wear an underwire bra, but I like the support.  I’m a B as well.   Which bra I wear each day depends on my mood.

CoffeeAndCake

I’m a 34B and never thought I’d say this especially happily but am absolutely excited I fill the bra completely. No room left In the cups. I say this cause before there would be a little showing of the bra where the cup would push down a lil bit. Not happy that they are fuller and showing more projection and shape but nice to know they are more aesthetically uniformed. 

At work I wear just a standard wireless seamless bra that fits like a tank top so it’s tough to see and keeps things down a little bit without too much compression. However went braless the other day and grabbed lunch with a friend and she poked my chest when we were at the park chatting and eating and poked my chest saying “I see why you go to the gym so often. This quarantine has turned your chest to boobs” I didn’t tell her I wear bras and that’s why things aren’t seen usually  seen but it did make it a reality that since my last growth spurt things have become a bit tough to hide 

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I have both underwire and o wire.  I prefer the underwire but in the really hot month of summer I sill wear a no wire bra because they seem cooler.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

DW20

Underwire everytime and preferably with padding. Anything else does nothing to stop jiggle and sore nipples.
Also, underwires cause a lot less sweating in hot weather compared with a tight elastic underband

Offline Bosh808

• Posting Member

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I purchased some demi cup padded bras that work out great in the fall and winter.  They stop a lot of the movement and hide the high beams.  I wasn't sure if I'd like them because they enhanced my side profile.  I'm at a point now that I don't care what people think.   I have C cup sized breasts that need support and that's it.   

Almost all of my bras are underwire now.   Better shaping and they control the movement better.  I never realized how much my breasts moved after wearing a bra all day, taking it off and going up and down stairs.  Crazy.   

Offline taxmapper

Im going to go against the grain here a bit. 

I have only tried one underwire and it really didn't fit well. 
So when I got some padded sports bras they worked just fine. 

Now I look exclusively at the sports bras with padding. 
I need the padding because of the constant exposure to chest impact I have when doing things like wood collecting, garden chores, and other activities. 
I even bought hard cups for martial arts. 

I cant have any unpadded because they simply don't work with me. 

But with the padded I did notice that when this first started they were almost unnoticeable. 
Now they are more round and pushing out a bit.  But this is normal for growth. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024