Author Topic: gynecomastia or fat  (Read 1334 times)

Offline 6MoPhasee

Hi, first time posting here.. I really have a problem since i was kid.. I am fat and i feel like most of my fatness gets stored in my chest area.. I wanna know if this is Gynecomastia or just Fat? I play cardio and weight lifting for a month and half for now.. Hopefully this can reduce the size of my moobs somehow.. I mean yeah.. It might be gyno but i just want to get rid of 90% of fats at this specific area to make it less noticeable, Thanks for reading!

Offline SideSet

Gynecomastia. Your breasts have a female shape.

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
Another thing.  Unless you pulled your stomach in for those photos, I would by no means call that fat.  Be careful not to make yourself too lean, as that is also unhealthy.

EDIT:  Oh, and taking the fat in your breasts (since that's what they are) away will likely just leave even more obvious mounds of glandular tissue.  Just something to keep in mind.

Offline Uatcha

Hello guys I just need to know if I have gyno or isit just fat 

Offline SideSet

UATCHA,

Definitely gynecomastia. Maybe grade 3, but at least grade 2.  Notice the female shape of your breasts and how much they project forward, like a woman’s. Moobs tend to be wider set with side boob.  Do your breasts jiggle as you move about?

Also, your areolae are quite large and nipples a bit thicker and feminine in appearance;  they even point upwards a bit.  Because they are quite prominent, I suspect your nipples show through your tops.

Do you feel anything solid or more firm behind your nipples, as that would indicate mammary glandular tissue? 

Have you tried wearing a bra? I’m guessing you would be about a B cup.  I think you would feel and look better in a bra, no more movement on your chest with everything nicely held in place and supported and no more nipples showing through.

Offline Uatcha

My nipples go smaller when it’s cold when it’s warm my nipples are puffy. 

What can I do to get rid of my man boobs what’s the best option for me I am going on holiday next year also on a cruise and want to look good what’s the best thing for me to do. 

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
I couldn't really look at those oversized pictures, but puffy nipples are a sign of gyne.  Simply put, they're puffy because of the glands pushing them out.  It's also normal for them to contract when colder.  If it is gyne (as SideSet asked, do you feel glands behind your nipples?), then no amount of weight loss will make them disappear.  It can only make them more prominent as you lose surrounding fat (that said, I'm by no means encouraging people to be fat, as the health risks are far worse than living with prominent breasts).  The same goes for building your pectoral muscles, which will simply push your breasts (yes, that's what they are) further out.  Fat can be burned (it won't be easy and in some cases can even cause the glands to grow further), but surgery is the only way to get rid of developed glands.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You definitely have a significant amount of gynecomastia.  No amount of weight loss or exercise will get rid of all of it, sorry.

While it would be best to reduce your weight, you should also consult with a gyne surgery expert to discuss possible surgical treatment.  Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline HairyKnockers

• Bronze Member
As usual Dr. Jacobs is spot on, you definitely have Gynecomastia.  

A couple points on losing weigh, you cannot "spot reduce".  Basically you lose weight proportionally all over your body.  Even when gynecomastia is present, the breasts have a fair amount of fat tissue.  The same as a woman's breast.  You can reduce your whole body weight if you go on a proper diet but you will still have breasts, albeit with proportionally less fat.  Depending upon your age, weight, physical condition, etc. you can lose weight if you really work on it. If you feel you are overweight I strongly suggest you try to reduce the fat level of you body.

I lost about 30-pounds starting at the end of last summer.  A combination of diet and weight bearing exercise.  I suggest weight bearing exercise for several reasons, but cardio works well too.  However several studies show that cardio is not as efficient as weight bearing.  As for my results; I lost fat and put back on a fairly significant amount of muscle.  My body fat level is visually less than it was before and I added a couple inches back to my biceps, pecs, etc.  That is much harder at my age now than when I first put on a lot of muscle when I was younger.  As to the question everyone with gynecomastia wants to know, sorry but I do still have breasts.  But I think they are a little smaller; some of the fat is gone, but I can feel the glands more easily.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024