Author Topic: Tankinis  (Read 3277 times)

aboywithgirls

I was willing to give up swimming or the sun. Even in High school, I was already a D cup. I just couldn't wrap my head around or ever get used to wearing a cotton t-shirt when swimming or even just sitting at the beach. I started wearing ladies polyester tanks which weren't much better. Then when tankini tops became popular, my problem was solved. I wore solid black blouson tops for a while. After my girls were too large for the minimal support in regular ladies swimsuits, I now were bra sized tops with a full built in bra. Elomi has some terrific tops that work well for me. 

It's 2021! Nobody really cares who wears what. If you're comfortable and you aren't breaking any laws, Just wear what fits! If you can fill the cups of a ladies swim top, you should at least consider the fact that it's probably your best choice for comfort and modesty.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
Typically with swimming in public, I’ve tried to get into and out of the pool quickly to avoid staring.  

Since I began wearing a bra, I feel that I have choices on how to stay covered without wearing a t shirt that clings to my boobs.  It’s uncomfortable and doesn’t make you feel good.   

I have a pool party on Saturday I’m attending with my co workers. They are all women.  They all know that I wear a bra and would probably care less if I swam topless.  I would feel funny about it.  

If I can’t find a tankini that doesn’t break the bank, I’ll wear a sports bra and dri fit shirt over it.   At least I’ll have some modesty.  

• Personal Message (Offline)

Offline SideSet

How did the pool party go?

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
The pool party was great.  I ended up wearing a dri fit shirt with a sports bra under it.  It works for that day.  I’ll be looking for a tankini when they begin to go on sale over the next couple of weeks.  

Offline Johndoe1

That's what I have done, wear a pull over nylon compression sports bra and an oversized dri fit shirt so it doesn't cling to my breasts. This works very well, but the sports bra does start to become uncomfortable after a while. It's not an all day solution. I am looking a couple of different unisex solutions, but they are pricey, but then women's swim suits are way overpriced for the amount of material they contain!
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline SideSet

That’s great

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024