Author Topic: Thank you for being there for us  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Hi OHboobs,

Thanks for your observations and your sense of humour! Your are absolutely correct, of course. Comfort and support are paramount.

A couple of years ago, along with a flat chest, I had tiny and insensitive nipples. I never even noticed them.

Now they are really prominent, and very, very sensitive. Don’t get me wrong - occasionally this can be very pleasant. Day to day though, it can get a little distracting, and quite sore if I am doing anything remotely active. I’m also acutely aware of them poking out, even through lightly padded bras, so I may give p.r. 1974’s suggestion a go (It might also improve my chances of finding well-fitting bras.

I have to admit that I’m probably not as relaxed about the whole boob thing as many on this forum, and I’m sure in time I will get a lot more comfortable with my changing appearance. You are quite right, of course, in saying that most people, including me, realise that men have nipples and really don’t care if they show through their shirts.

It is weird that I am hyper-aware of my own projection, even though I know intellectually that few people even notice. I guess it is just the unaccustomed nature of how I am now compared with how I was a couple of years back...

Offline Johndoe1

It is weird that I am hyper-aware of my own projection, even though I know intellectually that few people even notice. I guess it is just the unaccustomed nature of how I am now compared with how I was a couple of years back...

Actually, you are not alone. Most, if not all of us, have been hyper-aware of our projection, to the point of believing our projection was obvious to everyone, at one time or another. Part of the accepting is the realization that no one cares but us. Once that sets in, the rest falls into place.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
I went for my usual morning walk today, and mis-judged the weather. I got caught in a sudden heavy rain shower which soaked my shirt, leaving it semi-transparent with my bra showing through very obviously. During my subsequent 'walk of shame' I was watching people passing me on foot or in their cars very closely, and not one of them even registered that I exixted.

A very useful lesson for me there, I think, and proof of your assertion that no one cares but us.

Offline Athenna

• Posting Member
I agree with Dudewithboobs,  I always check myself before going out to make sure I do not project to much.  You can get away with a small amount of projection because you see it more than anyone else.  People just don't seem to notice.  We for the most part we are not that big.  If I was a D cup I am sure I would get noticed but I do not believe anyone would say anything in today's society.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
My breasts started developing late in life, as a result of hormonal problems. Their appearance came as something of a shock, and I have to admit that I am still coming to terms with the changes. The thought of having breasts had never crossed my mind, so their arrival occasioned a mixture of disbelief and panic for a while. From what I have read on the forum, many men who have had gynecomastia from puberty (or at least for many years) seem pretty relaxed about their condition now.

I find it hard to imagine how tough it must have been for those for whom breasts arrived at puberty. The teasing and bullying at school must have been awful - I think I would have found that an agonising experience, but many now show such fantastic self-confidence in their bodies, as well as compassion and reassurance to those of us starting this journey more recently. Their confidence gives me hope that I will settle down and feel more comfortable in my own skin in a year or two.

I’m adjusting to boob ownership in stages, and have only recently stated wearing a bra regularly. Previously, I would only put on a bra ahead of planned activities, like cycling or hiking. This was OK for a while, but latterly I have noticed discomfort during normal daily activity, so I’m now wearing a bra all day. I have to say feel a lot more comfortable physically, but a lot more self-conscious. I’m slowly learning what most here say - that nobody really looks or notices a moderate amount of projection (or if they do notice, they don’t care or comment) Logically, I get it, though I seems that it is something we need to prove to ourselves by experience to really accept it.

Has anyone else experienced a similar learning curve to mine? I am gradually coming to terms, but I’m still at the point where I am sometimes surprised when I catch my reflection in a mirror, or when I forget my boobs are there and catch one on an obstacle (ouch!).

I think it is great that some here are relaxed enough to feel comfortable about having breasts and to even enjoy having them. How long did it take before you felt that your breasts were simply part of who you are? 

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
I would love to find a male-style tank top that has the bra built in.  Won't have to worry about the bra being seen then, people will just think you have a tank top underneath, which is common under clothes like dress shirts.

Offline blad

I am very satisfied that I came to the point a long time ago that I was more comfortable wearing a bra full time. I just put it on in the morning and forget 98% of the time during the day that I am even wearing a bra. It just feels natural and am not conscious of wearing one during any interaction with other people. I would feel bare without a bra.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Johndoe1

I am with blad. I am more aware of when I am NOT wearing a bra than when I am. It just feels right to be supported and not jiggling around.

aboywithgirls

I am with blad. I am more aware of when I am NOT wearing a bra than when I am. It just feels right to be supported and not jiggling around.

Could not agree more! Just walking from the shower to my dresser, I either wrap a towel just above them or I have an arm across them covering them so they don't jiggle so much. 

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
I feel very fortunate to still be in a pretty small cup size, which means that I could still get by without a bra around the house if I chose to. Even in the short time I have been wearing full time, however,  I have noticed how much more comfortable and secure everything feels when I have my bra on. Increasingly, it just feels right. I now understand that even the minor day-to-day movement had been getting uncomfortable over time. For example. I'm just beginning to notice that I am no longer keeping my arms folded below my breasts, which was unaware of but realise I was doing when going braless, partly as camouflage and partly for support.

My breasts arrived late in my life (and much to my surprise!) and it is certainly taking me a while to adjust to having them. A few years ago, the though of breasts never crossed my mind (well, not MY breasts anyway) I know from reading many posts here that aboywithgirls and others here have grown up with the condition since puberty, and I can't help but wonder what that must have been like to have gone through that experience. Nowadays, you guys demonstrate such a cool and unflustered approach to life, and selflessly hand out invaluable advice to us newbies, but I bet that confidence was hard-won. Perhaps once you attain a certain size any thoughts of hiding them disappear, along with the notion that wearing a bra is optional.

Is there a tipping point where you simply forget all about whether people might have spotted a bra strap, and just learn to get comfortable with your changed body?

aboywithgirls

For me it was a gradual transition. 

I used to wear extra layers and slouch alot. Then the extra layers went away. I stopped feeling embarrassed. I started feeling like they belonged to me as a part of me a I shouldn't be embarrassed for being me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024