Author Topic: Initial feelings from trying a bra for the first time  (Read 3086 times)

Offline blad

After all this time, I still feel proud every time I put on my bra and see how fully I fill the cups.  To look in the mirror and see how good my bra looks on me. To know I need to wear a bra as much or more as any woman.
True acceptance that we will likely wear a bra for the rest of our lives and be ok with that.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Johndoe1

True acceptance that we will likely wear a bra for the rest of our lives and be ok with that.
I agree. For those of use who are well endowed and find comfort in support and containment, we are very much likely to spend the rest of our lives trussed in bras, if we choose to not have a reduction. And as it is with many women, gravity will take its toll on our chests and being strapped in a bra will not be so bad then I suspect.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline SideSet

So true about acceptance and support. 

It is second nature for me to put on a bra when I get dressed. I would not feel dressed without one.  I need the support for comfort and confidence 

Offline Busty

I look at bras in stores and advertisements.  I try on bras to see what works and does not work for me. I have a bra collection at least the equal of most women.  I probably know more about bras than most women. I seldom go out braless. When getting dressed, it is not a matter of whether, but which bra I will wear today depending upon what I will be doing, wearing, and my mood. I believe for the rest of my life I will need to wear a bra. 

Offline NORMALGUY

WOW, Thank you all for posting and helping me to be ready for my first bra, This is a good time of year to get used to it, hopefully by spring , I'll be used to it. It's very hot here, and hiding my gyno no longer works anyway. I spend a lot of time in the gym, wearing just  a sports bra is gonna feel thrilling/scary, like taking my shirt off does now. But I'm strong, hopefully I can de-stigmatize men in bra's, after all it looks better than saggy moobs, and I wouldn't want a mastectomy even if it were free. 

Offline SideSet

Welcome, NORMALGUY,   Although it will be hard to do, the best thing is for you to go in and get a bra fitting. Explain what you want to accomplish. They will measure your bra size, suggest bras that might do what you hope, have you try on the bras, maybe even help and give opinions in the fitting room. Soma is a very good store for that. 

It may be tempting to just measure yourself and order online, but most likely not get the best bra for you.  If you are nervous,  you can call ahead of time.

Best of luck. Please let us know how it goes. I predict once you start wearing a bra, you’ll feel so much more comfortable and confident, look and feel better.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024