Author Topic: too much fat gone  (Read 3333 times)

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
i think my surgeon has removed too mach fat and as a result i have a indentation when i tense and the skin is very tight and feels attached to the muscle underneath.
as you can see the internal scarring from the op makes it look like i have gynecomastia again.i also have 2 line near my armpit which travel across my chest.
my nipples are also now inverted.
im expecting the scarring to resolve and nipples to get better,but the areas where too much fat has been taken out????
problem is i was told i would have a great result as the surgeon wouldnt do much lipo as it was mainly gland left and i asked specifically on denting and was told twice it wouldnt happen (one at initial consultation and one just before the op.

has anyone else experienced this?and anyone know if it does resolve over time.i dought it but im hoping.

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
Hey geg,

just gotto say ive got a similar problem on my RHside, when i hold my forarm parralell with the floor and pull my shoulder back i have a thick line that runs from the armpit to the nipple, this seems to be were the canula has passed through and has left scar tissue, its pulling tight across my chest causing an indentation/ridge.

looking at your pics your left pec about 4 inches up have you got a lump of scar tissue?, it looks as tho you have and thats exactly were mine is, but my LH side is fine!, and as regards to the lines that run across your chest i have one aswell, if my situation doesnt improve im going to get back in touch with levick, as asked him what my chest would look like when gyne is removed and he said "just like it is now, but without the lumps", i also said a few times to him that i didnt think i needed lipo because the fat hadnt increased on my chest at all, it was just the hard lumps that were the problem!, now me being in to weight training my bodys apearance means everything to me and if this big scar doesnt sort itself out im gunna get in touch with him.

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
yes mate 4 inches up its a lump of scar.been trying to massage it but not sure bout yours but it is decreasing,not sure how much it will decrease by but it is decreasing.
same as me with appearance ,im into combat sports and it wont look good if i have this abnormality.levick told me i should have great results with my chest,he would only remove grissle not do much lipo on the rest of my chest and the skin will tighten well as it isnt too much gyno and skin to shrink back.

BUT chris its still very early so we stioll got to wait another 5 months mate.
webster said he had the same as us but it disappeared within 6 months so all good........i hope......
:)

Offline London_boy

• Bronze Member
  • Op performed by Mr Levick 17/08/05
    • My Photos :
Guys, try not to worry about it too much or be over critical this soon after the op (I know as I was exactly the same). I am now 4 months post op and as every month goes by, things are changing for the better.

For the first month after the bandages came off, I had a deep indentation on the LHS and my nipples were inverted. I also had the ridge of hard scar tissue that chestrockwell refers to when the canula went in. This has now gone. So you've just got to give it time......

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
yes london boyo youre absolutely right.
i am being over critical.i know things are going to improve.and things are gona look better.i think last night when i made that post i just had to rant somewhere.its only cos i was comparing to the left side of mine which looks great.i mean my background of medical training also shouts at me saying its too early to judge.same with my dad.i think it inevitable for someone to have this type of surgery who has been embarrased over years to get all the frustration and worry of results to build up and den finally crack-which is what happened to me last night.
i can still see bruising so i know the inflammation still hasnt gone so i know its way too early to see results.
i think me and chris need to chill.no wheres that diazepam..................... :)

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
I agree that you need to give it more time also Geg. We are less than 1 month post op so need to wait a little longer. I also have a one indentation when i flex my pecs, and can also see strange lumps were the canula went in, when flexing. This however really doesnt bother my in the slightest presently. Im not sure if it will as i like to keep in shape. The most important thing to me is to look normal when relaxing.

What did you make of Dr Bermants response? I thought it was very counter productive & like all his posts designed to self promote his website.

One thing that i have noticed is that my chest has had lipo at the top also and seems flatter or hollower than it was previously. Do you know if Dr Levick actually removes that high up, or if thats a result of removing at the bottom of the chest giving that flatter look up top? I thought the bottom of the chest would be were most of the work was done?

Anyway i will post one month update pictures to show what i mean in due course. Do you have any before pictures Geg?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 04:27:32 AM by stonecold »

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
i have the same thing on my RHS, when i left it up i have a indent like yrs, but prob not as bad, but similar.  i thinks its due to having to much fat sucked out, plus thats where the cannula  goes down with surgery.  tho im not bothered about that, cos guess over time it will sort itself out.
i think the reason why its more noticeable on u as it is wit me,  is we both appear to have armpit fat which makes it more apparent.  when i get my touch up done next year, im gna get all my armpit fat sucked out to.
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024