Author Topic: Our Brother? Our sister? One of Us...  (Read 528 times)

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
OK, enough already - the point I made was that slavery is not / was not exclusively a 'black' problem.
And I don't think that a person's disagreement about sexual stuff (conditions, opinions, orientations, clothing, etc, etc) correlates to the stupidity of racism.  People have varying ideas, and it happens that there are opposing ideas, so ... what?

Lumping all those with different opinions about sex, 'gender identity', styles of clothing chosen, and exhibited behaviors into negative categories ("stupid", "racist", "this-ist that-ist", or "_____-phobic") is actually counter productive to the good discussions on this site.  I read them all, consider them, and accept / reject any premises / info re gyno put forward based on that consideration.  I don't succumb to the vicious fallacy of 'ad-hominem', nor to the equally vicious flip side of that fallacious coin by the 'appealing-to-me-as-authority' - both of which are symptoms of ego-manic disorder.  We do better sticking to courtesy with each other.

And I have no idea what a "two box approach" is.  Don't care, either.

Offline 42CSurprise!

I wasn't talking about racism... I was talking about how people use the fact that others are different as occasion to express, even act out their prejudices... as in snickering at the boy who has breasts.  This happens to be an experience many of the men who arrive at this website have encountered along the way...   The folks speaking in the videos i share as part of this discussion have experienced the cruelty rooted in such attitudes and behaviors.  That prompted my observation.

No doubt there is a wide range of things about people that can lead to prejudice... and to mistreatment.  Being Protestant can get a person in trouble in some parts of Ireland, while being Catholic can in other parts of Ireland; being gay can get you killed in some parts of this country.  Negroes in the Jim Crow South probably found those "Whites Only" signs a bit intimidating.  You certainly haven't missed that in your study of American history.  Being different can be the source of embarrassment but it can lead to much more dire consequences.

Offline 42CSurprise!

This is a powerful statement about differences from a person on the intersex spectrum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB7nbvD8rQk

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
This is a powerful statement about differences from a person on the intersex spectrum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB7nbvD8rQk
One of the CNA's that helps me transfer in the restroom asked me something out of the blue, "what's is it like to be intersex?"

When you are young you don't know. I guess you don't notice things. Then your older brother mentions the fact that we were built different, and your start asking questions. Grandma says, "you are special and your can be whoever you want to be."

AMAB and without the thingy down below was weird in restrooms as I got older (mine looks like a large clitoris, but I do have descended testes). I tried a urinal a couple times and peed all over myself. (My pee hole is on the underside).

Then puberty happened and I went the wrong direction according to my father.
I learned to be ashamed, and believe I had a deformity. The two gender boxes theology was embedded into my brain as being the accepted norm. Two years of testosterone treatments tried to "fix" the problem at about 17.
I knew I was intersex since my youth, but the extent wasn't known until an ultrasound a few years ago found a uterus and fallopian tubes lurking inside. Pretty much the direction puberty took me and how I feel made much more sense now. 

I don't "feel" any different than anyone else I suppose. I just feel like me. Thank goodness I finally accepted myself for who I am and not what society deems me as being.

I regret the testosterone treatments, but as a teen I wasn't given a choice. 

No matter what, it's just learning to be comfortable in your own skin.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 05:36:49 PM by Justagirl💃 »
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024