Author Topic: Acceptance of Garments  (Read 411 times)

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
I was getting ready for work this morning and had a bit of a thought as I had my coffee and checked on the forum here and the term “garments” in the acceptance part of this here made me just feel it was interesting. Not, Acceptance Bra, Acceptance Support, etc. but garments. Maybe it’s the lack of sleep last night but I just feel it speaks volumes to so many of us here. That we have not just accepted wearing a bra, we have accepted wearing panties, pantyhose, camisoles or blouses, women’s slacks or jeans etc. Obviously not everyone on everything mentioned. But to an extent I feel most of us have accepted women’s clothing is just a better fit and comfort level to a degree. 
It has nothing to do with gender and interest to cross dress. But just a matter of comfort. We have accepted some of these garments are better. 

Offline Johndoe1

For me garments is a good way to describe it. Gendered clothing is a social construct. We humans are the ones who classify something as male or female. The truth is clothing is clothing. Take the gender label off and it's still clothing. We should be wearing what is comfortable to us and what makes us happy. If a flower pattern midi skirt makes you happy or comfortable. Who should care? It's the western culture that has this Victorian hang up. The Eastern cultures do not and it's totally acceptable for men to wear a garment we in the west call "skirt" or "dress". IMHO, we need to catch up. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline gotgyne

Sooner or later everyone who is not narrow-minded comes to the conclusion that garments are just pieces of cloth. 

Our bodies are more under the influence of estrogen than 'normal' men's bodies. I know that there is no norm but a continuum, for this reason I used inverted commas. But I found out, as many other participants here, that the so called female garments fit me much better than the so called male garments. The sleeveless shirt I wear today is a woman's shirt, the short jeans shorts are women's shorts and the shiny black compression pantyhose is designed for women also. Only my shoes are men's shoes since I don't get them in my size.

This morning I was at a supermarket with these outfit. The blue shirt is very loose fitting which I prefer in the summer's heat. The downside is that somebody could spot my bra from the side, but I don't have any problems with it. There were no comments and no laughters outside and inside the market. I even had a nice chat with an elderly couple, who didn't know exactly how the coffee machine at the entrance area is working. I explained it to them and they had both a good cup of coffee. Since some weeks the coffee is free from 7 to 9 a.m. Obviously because many people are on vacation and the supermarket wants to attract customers.

For this reason I only can repeat what I wrote the last summer: Try it and wear your bra with light summer shirts. This is such a liberating feeling. You needn't to sweat in heavy clothes for the reason of hiding your bra.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024