Author Topic: temporay bandage question  (Read 2729 times)

Offline PaulJackson007

• Posting Member
i don't know if i have gynecomastia.  if may be just because i eat too much...

...as i pointed out in 'my story', i don't look overweight AT ALL, having said that, i DO have most of my body fat concentrated on my belly and chest...

i look like i'm pregnent when i relax, and pointy breasts.

i will work out for the next few months, and see if there is any changes...

...but i NEED something temporary to flatten out my chest - i was thinking like a bandage or something, that i can put on every morning, and take of every evening...

...does anybody have any ideas?  it would be greatly appreciated, thx.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
You're probably thinking about a compression vest.  Look into Underworks, UnderArmour, and maybe Nike compression vests.

Offline PaulJackson007

• Posting Member
thx, i think the firsrt two i can get only online, right?  and i've searched the nike products, but are they ONLY long sleeve?

i might order and see how it goes...but underworks has several options, which one is the most popular and which one would you or anyone else reccomend?

also, while they are being ordered, is there anything i can do temporary?  for example, wrap a bandage around my chest - like a MUMMY! lol

i don't mind creativity - ANYTHING to get my chest down!

many thx

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
You can get the UnderArmour at sports retail stores (Sportschek for examples).  The underworks seems to be the most popular on this board, and I think they ship pretty quickly, and most people get them within a few days after ordering them.  I bought an Underarmour one, and it's essentially a "second skin" feel, so it's tight, here's the link so you can see what it looks like http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDetail.cfm?site_id=1&dept_id=1&coll_id=2&pf_id=0242
It comes in long and short sleeve and in various colours,  got a long sleeve in white.

In the mean time, you can maybe buy a tensor wrap from a pharmacy and wrap that around your chest, see what it does, I dunno, maybe others can give you ideas of what they've done to cover up, I didn't do anything special (just always wore a t-shirt under everything).

Offline PaulJackson007

• Posting Member
thx achilles, so MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

you know, it's TOUGH to read you post.  when i read other people giving me advice on how to cover up my body, it's difficult, this is the FIRST time i'm talking about this problem...

...i don't mean anything against you at all - it's just that this is SO different than the norm for me...

...i've tried some crazy stuff, for example, trying out a tie around my chest JUST TO SEE the difference when i cover it with a t-shirt or someting ---> I was flat chested for that brief moment, and ALMOST IN TEARS...

only certain people can understand these emotions...

thx again...

i will go to a pharmacy and check it out...i will also check out that product ---> short sleave would work for me, because i'm always wearing t-shirts and polos (short sleaved)

thx SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

before i head to the pharmacy, is there anybody else that have ideas that worked for them?  i'll get the second skin top, but for now, i just need somthing temporary by monday!!!!!!!

thx

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Bandaging will only call attention to your problem at best and tape can cause injury with scars being the end result at the worst.  Not a really good idea.

The compression vests work well for many people, a tee shirt one size too small works acceptably well for others. Either of these would be harmless..
Grandpa Dan

Offline PaulJackson007

• Posting Member
thx paa_paw

i wear an 'under t-shirt' first.  and then, i wrap a tape 'over the t-shirt' - around my chest...

...it works well, but i have to cut it to get it off, and buy new tape...

i'm using special bandage stuff, the kind boxers wrap around their hands...

...having said that, i will order a compression vest soon

i don't have a credit card, how the hell am i gonna do this!  i don't want parents to find out, so i can't even use theirs...

...seems like i can only deal in CASH...

...how do money orders work?  do people accept those?

thx again :)

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 11:20:27 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline PaulJackson007

• Posting Member
i'll be getting my 997 tommorow  8)

as promised, i'll let you know how it it :)

Offline PaulJackson007

• Posting Member
i just recieved it in the mail

it took two tries to get it on, it's quite tight...

...once i got it on, it fel ok.

then, i put on ONE t-shirt...

........YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

NO MAN BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS!!!!!

i'm sorry about this excitment, but this vest is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, here is my sitation (Please Read)

i got the vest for temporary measures.  I plan to wear it EVERDAY (except night time, and when i work out).  I work out 4 - 5 times per week, for about 2 hours, 8 - 10 total....

...for me, temporary means wearing it, until about beginning of May, so that would be the end of THIS month (Jan), and through Feb, March, and April...

...In May, I plan to reach an Ideal weight goal, and then i'll see where I go from there, in terms of the extent i have gyne, (i may not have it)....

.........when I put the vest on, it felt 95% comfortable.  the 5% is due to the fat around the breast area, that 'squishes' kind of next to the armpit.  it's the fact that the outline of the Vest in that area sort of 'hurts'.  i adjusted my skin more, and found that that did the trick, but it's still 5% that kind of sucks.  i most people will be ok, the problem is that i have quite broad shoulders, and the Vest comes pretty tight in tha region.

besides that, as far as 'size' goes, it's PERFECT.  i mean, i ordered a large, and the thing fits like a GLOVE!

well........not like a glove, but you know what i mean :)

i guess my number one concern is HEALTH related problems to the vest.  I mean, i can breath normally, and i feel fine, but of course, is it advisable to wear this vest for about 4 months?

I have so many more questions, and i know other people have questions too, but i have to say one thing, the underworks, 997 is AMAZING!!!

holy COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it

i wish i had known of this 3 years ago, then i wouldn't have had to hide in the shadows like i did.

i know that this is not the answer, but it IS temporary :)

for the next four months, my FAVOURITE peice of clothing will be T-SHIRTS..........

........and ONLY T-Shirts......... ;)

I want to that the boards, for this opportunity.  It gave me courage to actually go out and do something.  Had i not come here, i would've NEVER invested in this Vest.

THANK you ALL so much for the support and reads that you have all provided....

well, this post is getting long now, and i will copy and paste it to a new thread, because i think it deserves one.....................

Hail to the underworks 997, i hail to thee........

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024