Author Topic: Help, mom needs advice  (Read 6192 times)

Offline river525

thanks to everyone who has responded.  I love all the support, hints, and input.  My son has a great dad (we are divorced but on good terms) but....one that tends to not pay attention to things and quite honestly has never been one to discuss important things with our son, so I'm the one who gets to talk about the important stuff.  I think I am going to have his pediatrician talk to him (my son).  Yoshi I'm scared his doctor will give my son the same response.  We really like his doctor and he is very very proactive with teenage boys so I'm keeping my fingers crossed the doctor will want to work with us.  Time will tell.  

I'm headed out of town and plan to work on getting him in to the doctor in the next couple of weeks; so I will keep you posted.  

I am so happy I found this board.  Ya'll have been great (and yes I'm from the South, lol).  take care!!

ps -- Grandpaw you sound like a wonderful grandfather!!  My son was named after my grandfather who I loved dearly.  Grandparents are the best!!

Offline soccerplaya

• Bronze Member
yeah, and if your son ever wants to come on here he is welcomed. there are alot of teens like me who are his age.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
river525....

I just recently helped another 'Mom' approach her son regarding his gynecomastia. He had successful gynecomastia reduction surgery last December. Would you like the 'other' Mom's email addy? I'll have to ask her permission first though. You may be able to get some valuable emotional support and ideas on how to approach 'your' son.

My email addy is.....  bambu@rogers.com   if you need to chat.

John.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 09:02:21 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Wouldn't that be ironic if he was one of the guys on here asking advice on how to approach his parents?

Yeah, and it would be so cool if mother and son were to start chatting with each other here and didn't even know who the other one was.    8)

John.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 01:53:12 PM by Bambu »

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
i think before you go to a surgeon you should see an endocrinologist. seeing hes only 15 years old the gland (if there is one) has a possiblility of going away when he reaches maturity. and if the gland goes away, a little bit of working out can take care of the rest. so my advice would be to see an endocrinologist first

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
i think before you go to a surgeon you should see an endocrinologist. seeing hes only 15 years old the gland (if there is one) has a possiblility of going away when he reaches maturity. and if the gland goes away, a little bit of working out can take care of the rest. so my advice would be to see an endocrinologist first

8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024