Author Topic: how long will it take before I can work out again  (Read 2126 times)

Offline JMR

I like to work out at least 4 times a week. I am thinking of getting surgery soon for my gynecomastia problem. Does any one know from experience how long it will take before I can start working out again without having to worry about  ripping somethin up?

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
I waited six weeks after lipo....trained normal for two weeks( average weight) .Now i am back on to the deadlifts and squats and big presses without any problem......not even a twinge.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 08:53:51 AM by markashleigh1979 »

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Similar time-frame to markashleigh.  I started power walking within a week of surgery.  I will be four weeks post-op on Friday.  This week I am lifting light/moderate weights.  I anticipate being up to where I was pre-op by the end of week six.

The point is, if you feel any unusual pain, STOP!  The best person to advise you on any physical activity post-op is your surgeon.

Offline jr34

• Posting Member
it depends on your body. i was lifting 2 weeks after my surgery, with approval from my PS. i didnt have any lipo though, and i had a minimal case. its up to your body, the better you eat, rest and drink water after your surgery the faster you will heal. i recommend a vitamin too.

DrBermant

I like to work out at least 4 times a week. I am thinking of getting surgery soon for my gynecomastia problem. Does any one know from experience how long it will take before I can start working out again without having to worry about  ripping somethin up?

Return to activities depends on the problem to be treated, surgical technque(s), skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal, and other factors.

I take care of many bodybuilders and almost universally they tell me that buiding muscle tends to push gland / fat further out.  Some general fat can obscure the gland, but general fat does not let the muscles look defined.  It does not take much extra tissue to really interfere with the cut look of a body builder.  Some body builders have large glands causing a pointed contour.  

I prefer my Dynamic Technique to manage such problems.  I use an artist's pallet of surgical tools to sculpt the tissue.  This permits me to work with gland, fat, and or skin for my sculpture.

Even with the best surgical techniques, this is real surgery and you need to let the tissues heal before they are pushed.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024