Author Topic: Details?  (Read 1804 times)

Offline invert01

Hi all, i'm 19 and from Leicester, studying in Plymouth at the moment.

It seems kinda hard to discuss this as i've always tried to hide my gynecomastia from everyone (including my parents after age 15), but now i'm starting to get thinner it's begining to affect me more!

Could someone possibly send me a message with details of approximate costs? I'm sure that this is no longer puberty related as i've seen that accross the forum, and it's hard to talk to my Uni GP as I have a lot of close medic friends here who told me our condition actually had a name.

Any advice would really, really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello invert01

Firstly, please don't be afraid to approach your university GP.  Like any other doctor or nurse, they are bound to complete confidentiality.  They cannot and will not reveal anything about your health with anyone, without your permission.

As for costs, it's 'free' on the NHS if you can get a referral.  Privately, in the UK it costs around £2,500 - £4,000 depending on which surgeon does the work and at which hospital.  You can go to an array of clinics in Eastern Europe where surgery can cost as little as £1,000.  There are countless threads in the UK section about all the different surgery options, so take time to plough through them.

Hope that helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024