Author Topic: tamoxifene and andractim  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Gilbert

• Posting Member
If I take adractim and tamoxifen at the same time could could it help get rid of my gyno?  How about rebound XT and Tamoxifen, could that be helpful???

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are reports of success with the things you have mentioned.

The problem though is that those are prescription drugs and they are that for very good reasons. The use needs to be established based upon a good Medical evaluation. The dosage and results need competent Medical supervision. Using those drugs without competent Medical supervision could, in fact, make things worse or cause other problems.

It is true that people do find ways around the prescription rules, but that is unwise to say the least.

Do it right and see a Doctor. Anything less amounts to playing Russian Roulette with your reproductive physiology.

Good Luck!

Grandpa Dan

Offline Hypo-is-here

If I take adractim and tamoxifen at the same time could could it help get rid of my gyno?  How about rebound XT and Tamoxifen, could that be helpful???

If you wish to commit suicide and put one bullet in the chamber of a revolver and spin it and then put the gun to your head and pull the trigger will you die?

Maybe, maybe not.

But how is this daft analogy relevant I hear you say.

Well...

You see the problem is that without knowing why the gynecomastia developed, you do not know if such drugs are in fact relevant in any way to your situation.

So if you self medicate either or both of the aforementioned drugs will it reduce or resolve your gynecomastia?

Well, much like my analogy the answer is;

Maybe, maybe not.

Not only do you need to know why the gynecomastia occurred but also unless you know what your current hormonal levels are for androgens and estrogens and how to interpret them in the light of additional complicating factors such as SHBG, TSH levels etc;

Well unless you know how to do that  then you don't really know whether you are luckily throwing the right drugs at the right problem and taking a shot in the dark or throwing inappropriate drugs at the problem and clicking an empty chamber.

If your gynecomastia was caused by a pubertal imbalance that no longer exists then such medication may reduce estrogens too much and throw your thyroid function out as estrogens may not be high to begin with.

If your problem is caused by low testosterone in the setting of relative low estrogen then again lowering estrogens further could cause thyroid problems and may not be the answer in any event.

In such a setting even if you successfully reduced your gynecomastia, such a hormonal imbalance could simply mean  re-development of gynecomastia as soon as the treatment was withdrawn as these problems need to be permanently medicated.

If your problems was caused by elevated SHBG then again reducing estrogens in the short term are unlikely to be the answer as withdrawal of treatment will see the hormone imbalance return.
If your gynecomastia is caused by poor liver function then the problem will remain both on and off treatments and again is unlikely to rectify the problem.

If your gynecomastia is caused by hyperthyroidism then again the problem will again not be addressed by these drugs.

There are lots of other scenarios that can account for a failure of such medications.  This is why these medications are prescribed by experts (endocrinologists) only in certain cases that seem to warrant them.

One more important thing.  If you have had gynecomastia over a years and a half to two years then the proliferation phase may have passed, in which case the gynecomastia will be more fibrous and less likely to be positively affected by an alteration in the endocrine balance.

But going back to the original question.

Could they get rid of the gynecomastia?

Will playing Russian roulette kill

The answers to both….

Maybe, maybe not.

P.S

My advice, go and get a consultation with a hormone expert and let them try and ascertain the cause and the best course of action given your predicament (A long winded way of saying- listen to Paw Paw:)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 05:43:10 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline Gilbert

• Posting Member
It started because I went on a tryglycic anti-deppressent when I was eleven, I am now seventeen and I have gynecomastia and an estrogen level of 50.  I was just thinking, I knew it probably would not be smart so I I asked you guys first, thanks.

Offline Hypo-is-here

Those anti depressant have a known cause and effect relationship with gynecomastia.

If you have had the gynecomastia a long time then it is most likely fibrous and less responsive to hormonal factors.

If the above is so, it would mean that a surgical procedure would be your best bet.

If your estradiol is a little elevated you could probably do with lowering that a little as well.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 03:01:04 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline Gilbert

• Posting Member
So the longer you have it the more permanent it becomes?

Offline Hypo-is-here

For MOST men the gynecomastia becomes less responsive to positive hormonal changes, medicated or otherwise.

So in two words

Usually yes.

In which case a surgical procedure is the best option if you do not wish to live with gynecomastia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024