Author Topic: Help!  (Read 1462 times)

Offline LBGChris

Hi, my name is Chris, new to the gyne forums. I've been reading some posts.

First, about me. I don't have any pictures yet, because well, I hate my man boobs, but I'll borrow my girlfriend's camera within the next few days. I am 6'5'', 290 lbs. I am overweight but it is not completely obvious. The most noticeable thing about me is my large breasts. My nipples are larger than most of the pictures I've seen on here. The pictures at http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1146500461 look alot like mine, only a little skinnier. I don't have a lot of willpower, and I've tried diet and exercise so I can never seem to stick to a plan. I've had breasts since I was about 12 when I hit puberty, and I've always been a little overweight. I can't remember the last time I went swimming in front of other people and the last time I took my shirt off in public is when I tried basketball in 7th grade and had to do pushups with my shirt off and I remember being terribly embarassed and NEVER did it again. Anyway, I'm at the point now where I'm sick of hiding it. I ordered an UnderWorks 997 compression shirt. In the near future after I get some loans paid off I'd love to get surgery (perhaps by next summer). I don't wear t-shirts at ALL except at work where I wear 2 t-shirts (I am a line cook at Applebee's) and I am always adjusting my shirt and am very self conscious. Other than that I think I am a very confident guy. If I took away my male breasts I would love my life and I am convinced of that.

I want to know how much your surgerys cost, how you paid for them, the effects they had on your life, if you tried diet and exercise before hand, if the surgeon required your BMI to be at a certain level before you were considered for surgery, if you've tried the 997 (and still use it), how long your recovery time was after surgery, if you can gain your breasts back by improper eating habits (ie - are constant diet and exercise monitoring required after surgery) and any other relevant information you can give me.

Sorry if I'm writing alot but I've been carrying these burdens for 10 years and this is the first time I have ever talked to anyone about it other than my girflriend in a very vague manor.

Thanks alot everyone! Looking forward to hearing your responses.

P.S. - Also keep in mind, in my opinion my exercise routines have not worked because when I go to the gym or workout outside all I can think about is the people around me making fun of me and my condition. It's very hard for me to concentrate on what I am doing and eventually I give up because it's all I think about. So I'm kind of rationalizing that getting this surgery done will help me lose weight in the long run.

P.S.S. - Anyone from Michigan that had this surgery done? Can you reccommend me a good PS?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 11:20:45 AM by LBGChris »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Hopefully you have some kind of medical insurance or qualify for help with the cost of treatment.

Before you get too serious about surgery you should be sure that the cause of your Gyne has been identified as well as possible and that your hormones are not such that regrowth would be likely. An endocrinologist is best for this.  A well written letter from a psychologist can be a great help especially if you need to show a medical need. Social withdrawal and depression are common problems that are often related to gynecomastia.
Grandpa Dan

Offline LBGChris

I don't currently have any medial insurance. I'd get some before the surgery though. How do I get in touch with an endrocrinologist? How much is a visit to one cost and how much would a visit with a psychologist cost?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024