Author Topic: urgent insurance question gyno  (Read 1530 times)

Offline bigguy1

Hey guys,

I've been lurking for awhile, thought i would register and see if anyone could answer my question. Well I have gyno, I've had it since I was about 11(over weight), i have the gland and saggy skin the whole nine yards. I went to a plastic surgeon, he said he can attempt to submit it to my insurance as he's 80% they will cover it since I mentioned it hurts, and is very painful at times. Otherwise they dont if its just for vanity reasons, but he seems to know what he's doing. ANYWAY, the problem I have is, I lose my insurance coverage in 1 month(getting taken off parents insurance due to being to old :( ), If he submits the claim within this month, and they decide to cover it, would it still be covered if the surgery is done AFTER the date my insurance expires? I tried to ask him all this, but he was very busy and just told me to give him my insurance so he could submit it. But I have a job and I don't have time to take off work in the next month to get this surgery. I could probably do it in 2-3months. He said he would rush the stuff to insurance but it usually takes 2-3weeks to hear back. I have the cash in hand to pay for this($4300), but if I can save 4grand, I'm all for it. It just concerns me that I've only got one month, and the claim will be submitted next week. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks

bigguy1

Offline dallasguy12

• Bronze Member
  • Liason
I can't answer your question unfortunately but just out of curiousity, how old are you? I think I may be in a similar situation.

Offline tsjas

• Bronze Member
I am almost 100% sure that the insurance will only cover the surgery if it is performed at the time you are insured. It does not matter whether the surgery was approved the company.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024