Author Topic: WA surgery  (Read 6372 times)

Offline sorite

hi
i have been quoted approx. $6000 for surgery here in WA through a surgeon recommended here on this site. I don't have private health insurance and was hoping for about $4000 max. Does anyone think 6k is a bit much? I am going to have to go into some serious debt for this... :(

Edit: Oh I should mention the price quoted was for just a day clinic
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 02:51:14 AM by sorite »

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
hey im looking for a surgeon here in wa, where did u find urs? 6 grand sounds a little steep but worth it if his results are good.

Offline sorite1

Turns out the $6000 I was quoted was just the surgeon fees! There was an additional $4000 in hospital and anasthesiast fees! $10,000!! Now maybe he is an *exceptionally brilliant* surgeon but that was just too much.

I went and got another quote from a different surgeon and they quoted me around $4000 all up, so I'm booked in to have the surgery this friday (2 days!). I'll let you know how I go and tell you the details.

Offline sorite1

all up it was just under $4000 including about $200 in initial consultation and $100 for the compression vest. I'm not sure how much of that I will get back from Medicare.

Surgery went ok, I would say about an 80% improvement as there is still a bit of a bump there but not sure how much is just swelling. Overall I am glad I went through with it except I haven't seen the nipple yet so I'm not sure about the scarring either.. Still I think I will be comfortable wearing a t-shirt from now on  :)

The surgeon was Dr Fitzpatrick at the Southbank Central medical centre in South Perth. PM me if you need contact details

« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 04:55:31 AM by sorite1 »

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
how did the price change so much? also how is your chest looking now? did the bump turn out to be swelling?

Offline sorite1

hmm dunno. the original surgeon had a suite on mounts bay road overlooking the river, i guess he had to pay for that lol

there was a bit of swelling but it went down, i'm still not completely happy with the results but theres a definite improvement and I am glad I went through with it.  I don't know if I would go to the same surgeon again though. My brother is actually getting it done as well this friday, he is with HBF and I think its going to cost him just over $1000 which is pretty good. It's through another surgeon as well. I will post any feedback if anyone's interested

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
yeah i had a consultation with tim cooper on mounts bay road a while back quoted me 4500 surgeons fee plus more to the tune of 7grand roughly.. now i have a consultation with dr mark lee in subi. anyone heard of him?

Offline digitok

• I love lamp
    • rwkw
Hey sorite1, was the first doctor you went to Duncan-Smith or someone else?

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
I think that more than 1k is too much. Look at my posts, Peru was great for only $800.

Surgery in Peru $ 800
Dr. Mario C. Portillo
www.cirugiaesteticacusco.com

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
lol that website isn't even in english.

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Yeah, you are right. Spanish is the national language along with some other native Inca language. Not many speak english.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
right, my point is surgery is a serious matter and communication is important with your surgeon.

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Hence the reason I said that you should speak spanish when I ferst recommended him.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024