Author Topic: 5 years of ealing with gyne  (Read 2905 times)

Offline iceman1460

• Posting Member
Basically I have been on this site for years and this is the firt time i am adding a post about my gyne experince on here.
Since college my cousin had made a joke about my chest and this is where it started. I had devleoped this breats and i have done nearly everything i can do about hiding em. The worse part was going to uni, and living with 4 other guys. in the summer they would go to the park, and due to sever embarrasment i would sit at home with my thick hoodie on at home.
I think this condition has severly depressed me as i cannot do half the this the average guy does. This is even a problem when i am driving with my seatbelt on, and they just hanger over my belt. Simple things like walking out in a t-shirt, damn sometimes even sitting on a slightly inclinging chair becomes a problem. Due to this i have suffered back aches and shoulders pains.
Pyscologically suffering from this condition has been, i think, absoloutly devastating on me. I know i have been getting depress espically over the last few months, as i cant even walk out of the house in public without a jacket on, so id rather stay at home.
Worst part is getting a job. I used to work in the outdoors a few years ago, and wearing a polo shirt was a no go. I rember wearing a work fleece in the hot blazing sun. after this itgot too much and so i left the job. I woul not work in a place wear i have to wear a polo shirt as uniform, as my breats would be out on public show. This was not the only job iv hadto leave due to this.
2 weeks ago i was supposed to go to a family wedding and when i got ready i could see m breast sticking rght out of my shirt. I immediatly told my parants i am not going to thewedding. They were slightly concerned why igot compltly ready and just as we was walking out of the door i ra upstairs and said i wasnt goin. This has made my severly upset,and even thought about how i did not want to live the rest of my live with this breats, which were ruining an stopping me from simple activites.
I then went to go and see my GP. He tookblood tests, asked me question n things.But i dont think that he realised, tht it was affecting my pscologically more than anything else. Overall i wasnt happy wth the visit from the GP> I actually dont think he gave a s***t.
I am a student at uni 21 years old. For an operation its gonan cost thousands. I am already in overdraft and no way would any loans company loan me any more.
At this point i knew i had to tell my dad or someone.

I knnow many of you find it hard to talk to ur parants about it. but if u write everything down on a peice of paper and leave it by their bedside, and they will read it.
I wrote what teh condition was, how iv had to deal with it for the last 5 years, and also how it is pscologically making me ill.
At the end i did write if he would help me with the financial side of the operation. However i guess hel talk to me tonighwhen he gets back from work. Am keeping my fingers cross, that he understands the torture i am going throguh and will lend me the money.

Before i finish i want to thank EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU on this site, for helping me out with all of this. 1 month ago i could never ever see my self even talkin to my gp or my dad about this problem. I have kept this condition a secret for the last 5 years.

Thank you soooo much, i will keep u informed about my situation and will keep a diary if my dad gives me a go ahead with the op.

cheers .

Offline funkytown69

• Posting Member
Wow man, I truely feel for you and can relate.  I am 17 going on 18 soon and have had the condition for about 6 years now.  It never effected me as badly as you on the psychological level, but I probably have it just as bad or worse than you.  Dont give up hope :).

Offline iceman1460

• Posting Member
After writing my letter to my old man, he has asked me a few question and it is kinda weird, tht he  knows my about my gyno. Any way got an apppointment at priory today and my mum just walked in,saying tht my dad told her about a surgery procedure i wanted to do. She doesnt know wot it is yet shhe has just asked me to write it on a peice of paper, gues she gona go to work and search it on google. She has just offered to come with my for my consultation.
My dad said he will support my financially and looks like my mum will be okay for me to have the surgery done. Keep u updated.

cya

Offline Carn

• Posting Member
Wow man, it must have been hard writing that note to tell your dad about your gyne.

I havn't told me parents yet. They know I have "manboobs" because they've seen me go swimming and other activies outside but they don't know I have Gyne. My dad just thinks it's fat.

Offline iceman1460

• Posting Member
I HAVE BOOKED MY OPERATION DATE WOPYYYY

wednessday 23rd auguest 2006 i i am getting these fuckers taken outa me , i cannot wait. seriousi think my personality could change. i feel like tere will be a new me soon.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
congrats, that's great.

a compression vest helps flatten things enough for a lot of people too for those kinds of events.  it can go a long way till you can get it fixed.  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 12:54:25 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Congratulations.

Gynecomastia can be a nasty burden if we carry it in private.

Going totally out in the open is usually out of the Question, But sharing this burden with the right people means that the weight is now shared and our burden is easier to manage.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024