Author Topic: Surgery ... done and not feeling good at all  (Read 14666 times)

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Supaaman:

Great. I am now 3 weeks. I am getting lots of help from you as I know what to except now from your experience. Great buddy !!!

Also, as I post ealrier, can you please make a sign as mine, when your surgery was done so in future other new friends can know what to expect after surgery and during recovery time?

Thx.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hi there...

i agree with all of you guys. in my case though (almost 2 months post op) i dont see the end of it yet. it was great after 2 or 3 weeks but after that it got a lot bigger. my mom and cousin (surgeon as well) who was pretty confident it would be getting better soon were having doubts about 2 week ago and now both of them are pretty pissed off because they cant see improvement. (i dont really know why since i am the one with the boobs but hey... familly).
the areola is kinda puffy so it sticks out even more through shirts and all as you can now see the contour of where i was cut.

i'm not discouraged yet though. i have faith in the good doctor. he told me to call him in a month if there was something. so i'll wait patiently, keep going to the gym and where my tight undershirts to hide the boobs  :-/

take care guys
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Really sorry to hear that but don't lose hope buddy.

Did you call the doctor yet? I think you should before it get so worse. I am seeing him for my 1 month review on 3rd Oct.

Same feeling as others. couple of weeks post op were good but now as my tendor days are getting over, and less swelling, I feel that my boobs are coming back. I don't know. But when I raise my hands, it's totally flat. And I must say, it is almost half the size than before. Not complete flat but still considerable small size. I think it's all lose skin and some fat tissue which will be gone once I join the gyme and as time pass by.

Brebguy - do you have any pictures for us? Don't lose hope, man !!!

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
well i still have hope... i'm kinda bumed but hey... whatever.

i talked to the good doctor about 2 weeks ago and he told me to call again when ill have 3 months post op.

it sucks because going back to TO for another consult and revision surgery is really not something i planned (and can afford)

but anyways. lets not think about that for now....

i'm still hoping it will be better in a few weeks

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Yes, surgery done almost now 5 weeks. But not feeling satisfied. Seems like my boobs are coming back after I am over with tensor belt and compression t's. Still have some swelling near nipple area. Last week, I met with Dr. Fielding and he is very confident with the result. He said, now it's time for skin compression. As my size was big (900ml removed and still have some), he took out not everything otherwise I may face skin problem or indent nipple. So now fat will be gone by itself as skin compression start take place and lose skin will stick to bone of the body. I will take 3-4 months. I have next appointment with him in Jan 07. Till then, all I have is hope. One thing I must say is, i started wearing t-shirts and tight shirts which i never wear in my lifetime (36 yrs). And when I strch my arms upward (12 o' clock position) or backward then I see complete flat chest. But in normal condition, I see the boobs. As I still have some swelling, I havn't started gyme yet. But hopfully next week. That might help me with my skin and my body tone.

Hope I can get out without shirt next summer.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
alright well i'm almost 3 months post op now... still dont see any improvement... some days, i get the feeling that its just skin that needs to get tighter but sometimes i feel like its just plain fat....

i'm starting to lose a bit hope but not completely, because the scars around the nipple are still a bit pink (whiter then they use to but still a bit pink) so i guess i'm just healing very slowly.

for some reason i really thought i was a fast healer...now i'm hoping that i'm not and that it will get better...

the other day, my friend's new girlfriend almot screamed in a restaurant that i had breast in front of all my friends and very loudly in the crowd...
what a stupid brat...

but then again... i paid good money to not get that kinda of reaction anymore (from others but also from myself) so i hope it will pay off at some point.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 05:49:21 AM by brebguy »

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
I'm a little bit scared at the moment since I,m going for surgery in mid november and I,m reading a lot of unsatisfied people who had surgery with Dr Fielding. Is he overrated or are some posters just too impatient?

Brebguy: did you had a lot of gland? are you still feeling a gland out there or is it just fat?

Good luck mate!

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
I think there are a lot of guys here in the 1-3 month frame and are not quite happy with results.  Guys that have checked back in after a year seem to be much happier.  It seems that the more severe cases are taking much longer to heal than those with smaller adjustment.  This makes sense.  One has to be realistic with expectations as well.  If you are carrying extra weight, you are going to carry extra weight in the chest as well.

I am exactly 2 months out with Fielding.  I had a moderate case and seem to have had a better immediate result than some others.  I am 100% satisfied with the improvement, shirt on.  Shirt off, we still have a ways to go.  When I work out it gets much worse (swollen), so I know there is swelling still present and that I have not reached full result.  I will reserve judgement, but being 100% comfortable in a t-shirt has been a big blessing so far!  I didn't have expectations of immediate results.
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey gman.... a lot of guys out here have had their surgery around the same time.... i think we are being impatient...

i,m just going through a rought time cause i was so happy at first and was expecting to be healing a lot quicker... i dont feel gland anymore... so it must be good...

i dont feel as much tissu under the skin... its just the shape so i'm really hoping the skin is taking time to shrink...

keep faith in the good doctor, even if my results arent perfect... i still  beleive fielding is a great surgeon...

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
G-Man:

As every one said, we are little impatients. I am almost 7 week post op and am expecting 100% result. Which can not be done. Dr. Fielding told me at first that I have to wait till 8-10 months to be perfect (may be my size). When I saw him 4 week post op, he was so happy with the result and so do I. I am ok with shirts. I am wearing T-Shirts without any problem which I never been to, for 35 years. And wering a dress shirts and ties at work without any hesitation. So regards to clothing, I am very happy. Only thing worrying is, I have not gotten myself complete flat chest and may be it will stay as it is. But time will tell. I have to see him again in January. Hopefully, by then I will get better and better.

Also, I started gyme and doing some workout but as others, I find myself more swelling. So I stopped it. I think I will just go with cardio exercise and some abs workout.

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Yeah,

GML and Brebguy,

We are not going to get a "flat" chest without becoming a 140 lb weakling.  Guys that carry a decent weight are going to look unnatural with a flat chest.  More important is the shape (I think)... not having that conical shape.  I know Brebguy is an active gym guy... and GML you need to be as well.  Fielding can only be part of the solution... if we want a better result we have to take care of ourselves too.

Also, he took a decent amount of stuff out - fat and gland and that ain't coming back (unless the unlikely case of an underlying hormonal problem - which would not have had time to form more gland as yet in any event!).  So, at the end of the day, by simple math, your chest has to be smaller.

It seems that Lipo takes much more time to get a final result.  Guys who get their love handles (flanks) done are told they have to wait a long time.  I think Lipo is more the cause of swelling than the excision (more trauma), so guys who had to rely on more Lipo are going to take much longer than the primarily excision guys (the lean guys).

Brebguy, If I remember your pre-op photos correctly, I think you had a big chest that was a combination of a lot of muscle and some fat too.  The shape actually looked good I thought (didn't seem to be a real gland problem), but you have one of those barrel chests (that most guys wish they had)... so the comments you receive may have more to do with you having a big chest (like Arnold), not chicks breasts!  I could be off on that, but that was my impression from the photos.  If that's the case, you probably had a lipo-heavy surgery too, so it would make sense that you would heal slower (nothing to do with being a slow healer, just more trauma than average to recover from)

When I look at GML's photos, it looks swollen to me (post op).  It also looks like a marked improvement over pre op.  GML's case looks like one that will take a fair bit of time to settle.  It looks like he would have needed a lot of lipo. It looked like a case of more fat than gland.   I think Fielding would have been quite honest if he didn't think it was going to improve.  

So keep your heads up guys... and don't let a little swelling keep you out of the gym GML!  There is not going to be long term complications - eventually it will settle and make your chest look tighter and better.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Thanks a lot for your kind word Supaaman.

Yes, you are right. Fielding is just a one solution. Rest is us who have to take care of our body. Agreed, that I had lots of fat and more Lipo worked done on me (i believe). So it will take some time to heal. Still I have swelling after 7 weeks. I think Lipo takes more time to heal than simple cuts.

And I am now active to gyme. Not going heavy on weights and heavy stuff yet (though did but incresed swelling) but want to be myself in with anything there. So working on cardio and only 1 laps of weights (2 times a week) for now. But gradully will go up.

Hope this will help atleast reducing 15-20lbs of my body.

Offline happyclam

• Posting Member
I'm 11 days post-op and I feel great.  Some swelling and a bit of bruising. I can't believe the difference, but more importantly I can't believe I waited this long to get this done. What a boost of confidence. I can't wait for next summer. I just have to work on the love handles now, so says my dear, most understanding wife. The entire experience to date has been amazing. Dr. Fielding and Leslie have been really nice to deal with.  Lots of iching though, but it's subsided alot over the past couple of days. I couldn't wait to get the bandage off (six days following the surgery). I was in surgery on Wednesday and went back to work the following Monday - I felt very nervous and was very aware of the bandage underneath my shirt and tie (I kept my suit jacket on all-day long). Since the removal of the bigger bandage, I had been wearing a tensor wrap, which kept falling down and became quite uncomfortable. I found a self-adhering wrap since then and have been wearing that one for the past three days. Much better, although it does tend to bunch up a bit. I was wondering if anyone had had the experience with 'Compression vests'. I went to Sporting Life and New Balance to see what they had in terms of compression vests - just some skin-hugging Ts. Can anyone share his experience with compression vests? There are some (look quite nice and fitting) that can be bought through the web. Any other suggestions? Also, scar tissue. The right of my chest is much 'bumpier' and harder than the left one, also a bit more sore to the touch. Any experience with that?

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Congratulation Happyclam:

Yes, tensor belt is the biggest headache after surgery. I was in the same boat. They tends to roll up. I usually wear white shirt and tie at work too. And people can see that you are wearing something underneeth your shirt. Kind a wrap or a sports bra. So I would suggest to go with compression T's. I bought myself from sportscheck, It is Nike brand (in white) and go for $30+tax. It is very convienent and keeps everything in place. And importnantly, hides the tensor belt too.

But if you are going south of border in near future, I found same stuff in Niagara, Buffalo for just $9.99. It is from Adidas and I bough 3 of those. It is copy to what  I have from Nike. Give that a try and I am sure you will be ok.

I am 8 week post ops and still have swelling near nipple. So it take some time to heal.

Hope all will go well for you. And post some pictures, if you can.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 06:16:45 AM by tata3401 »

Offline loman1

• Posting Member
brebguy where are you?  its been another month, I'm just wondering if your situation is improved at all since your last post.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024