Author Topic: From Bandages, Tape, Underworks... To Under Armour  (Read 9263 times)

Offline UserName99

I've been browsing this forum for almost a year now.  I do have several screen names (which I do not remember).  I always find myself having to create a new account  because of months of inactivity.

Well... I value this forum a lot.  I've realized that I'm not a lone.  There are lots of people like me, and we share VERY similar stories.

It's time to give back what I have learned (regarding hiding man boobs).

I want to hide my man boobs as a temporary means... (while I am in the process of loosing weight)... and after that, I will see if surgery is the only option.

I have experimented with Bandages, Tape, Plaster's, Underworks... and this morning... Under Armour!  I've used them all... I've even attempted to wrap a thin peice of wide cloth around my boobs... and after all of this, I have come to the following conclusions...

Underworks (997) is AMAZING!  It will change your life forever - it did for me.  When I put it on for the first time (it was very difficult to do so)... I looked in the mirror and almost cried.  That same day, I went out wearing JUST a t-shirt over it - I can't even remember the last time I wore 'just a t-shirt'... I even proudly stood with my chest out... It will change  your life.  You will feel a weight lifted off you shoulders...

...having said that... there are a few negatives I experienced with the 997...

1)  It can be VERY tedious to get on... (not a major problem though)

2)  It can get VERY VERY sweaty... and thus... stinky!  

3)  It can fold up over the stomach when sitting down

4)  it can get very uncomfortable under the armpits (it did for me)

If you can live past these four issues... then go for it!  Just a note... you may not feel these be an issue for you, since body shape and size also may give you more or less problems.

Personally... the negatives of the 997 were too much for me... so I went to my local sports store, and tried on a large short sleave under armour top... It was MAGNIFICENT!  It was VERY VERY VERY comfortable.  VERY.  I didn't even know it was there!  It truly felt like a second skin...

...Just ONE problem... I am not sure how long the top can stay compressed for... I just tried it on today... and although it does a great job of compressing... I'm just a little afraid that over time, it will conform to my body... that's the only worry... so I was hoping somebody could tell me if it does loose it's compression.

As far as other methods... Tape, bandages, etc. Personaly... I am strongly against those methods.  If it's short term stuff... (a few days)... then it's okay... but anything longer than a week... then you are asking for problems with the skin... I developed rashes.  Maybe your skin reacts different... but personally, I'd stay away from any of these seamingly 'cheap' and 'easy' methods.  BTW... the Tape and Bandages method (although seamingly straight foward)... can be a bit tricky....

...so, Conclusion... the Under Armour seems fantastic... but I'm lacking information on LONG TERM use... so if anybody could help me out on that, I'd appreciate it very much.  Thanks again everybody.  

THE UNDER ARMOUR TOP

Offline cybertit

• Posting Member
  • Surg. Aug 05...Got rev. Apr. 06...Still have breasts!
I've been browsing this forum ......................................  

I have been using under armour(and similar shirts) for almost a year now. I think there awesome I use them to work out, to the beach and as undershirts for those tight shirts I would normally not wear  due to my gyne. Well to answer your questions my 2 original under armour shirts that i purchased last year Oct. havent lost there shape almost at all! and i use them all the time. I have also purchased several other cheaper brands that do the exact same job just maybe not as confortable as the under armour. So dont worry about them loosing there shape...good luck buddy

Offline yme

• Posting Member
The only problem with the UnderArmor is the high neck . and the big logo on it. I prefer the tank compression shirt. Today its 100 degrees outside I dont want people wondering why I'm layering.

Offline cybertit

• Posting Member
  • Surg. Aug 05...Got rev. Apr. 06...Still have breasts!
The only problem with the UnderArmor is the high neck . and the big logo on it. I prefer the tank compression shirt. Today its 100 degrees outside I dont want people wondering why I'm layering.

I definately agree...anybody know where i can get a "under armour" type material tank? I know under-armour makes tanks for women but havent seen any for men.

Offline yme

• Posting Member
I use gc2_compression. I'm very happy with it. But not for long I'm geting surgury in a month!

Offline pointynipples

Anyone know where i can find a sleeveless under armour with a v neck?seems like it be more comfy

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
I have been using the sleeveless under armour for about a year and half now.
It can be worn out after a while, but in the beginning worked pretty well.
I find that I am always pulling it down though because if not, it is not doing anything for me. I guess I need a new one.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024