Author Topic: considering surgery - Dr Eli Judah  (Read 9629 times)

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hello there Tsas,

did the same thing as GML since we had the same surgeon
well what i can tell you anyways is that what Fielding does is he sticks some foam pads to your chest under the tensor so even if you do remove it, you cant see anything because the foam pads are glued to your chest.

even if something needs to be adjusted, i doubt he would re-operate before a few weeks. i took the tensor off after a few days but couldn't see much so i put it back. i had bought a vest so i was able to wash it but i dont think it'll hurt anyone to leave it there.

Most people that do remove the wrap take it off because it gets very itchy they wont see anything anyways.

i might very well be mistaken but the more you keep your tensor in place and the compression even, the greater the chances you wont get hematomas.

i personnaly stayed at the hospital overnight and they advise you not to take anything off. as for bandages, i took all of them off the next day because drainage had stop. so no need for me to go back to a doctor to get them changed.

wrap, tensor, belt... all the same

have a nice recovery my friend.
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline tsas

• Posting Member
i wonder if your doctor is being over cautious or if all doctors should put foam pads on the patient after surgery.

i can understand the logic of the foam pads and compressing things right, but, in my sleep, things move. when i walk around, things move.
what if the pad has moved somewhat and now isnt in place and you leave it like that for six days?
i readjust/check my compression garmet every day.
if anything is looking overly puffy, or fluid is accumulating somewhere that needs to be drained, or something doesnt look right, i want to know.

i still think it cant be a bad thing to take it off and make sure its in its proper place.  if you are alone, that might be hard, but if you have someone to help you, im sure you can put it back exactly how it was.
there is the glue. thats probably the only reason they tell you not to take it off is that if you dont have glue, or whatever is used to bond it to your skin you might not be able to put it back in its right place.

i dunno, i seem to be doing ok without the foam, ive worn my compression bra every day 24 hrs now, except for those very brief times i took it off. it feels like its doing a good job.
no doubt the method used by dr fielding is the safest method, it just might be overcautious.
anyone else know of doctors that use this method?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 07:29:19 AM by tsas »

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Tsas:

Dr. Fielding's method is overcaustious but I think it is safe. More compression you put, less swelling you will have. That's why he says, after removing compression after a week,  people may get swelling. That's the medical rule. That more compression, no swell. But once you losen up, it starts swelling. Not for our topic but for any things like bones etc.

So basically, during the first week, good compression can reduce the swelling (which is good thing) and chance of Hemotema (which is best thing). But worst thing is, patient is under suspense for a week for his result.

My result is tommorow at same time. So nervorus (more than pre-op).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 08:13:42 AM by tata3401 »
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Don't worry GML,

Your results will be great!  Look forward to hearing how it went...

There is some problems with mine, due to scarring under the skin.  The left side is larger and the areola is sticking a bit on that side, causing a fold.  Fiedling says that will break down after 3-6 months and vigorous massage willl break it down more quickly.

Cheers buddy.
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
supaaman.. i have the exact same thing as you... and on the same side also...

and he told me the same thing... cant wait to get to that 3 months mark...

supaaman, did he tell you how often and how long you should massage the chest ?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 08:39:07 AM by brebguy »

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
One thing I noticed that everyone had a problem with left side. It is always larger than right after surgery. Why is that?

Is it something to do with heart which is on left side as well? If so, may be he don't want to go to deep so he may touch/damage the heart. That's why he prefers to do less work on left. Does that make sense?

This is just my thought. What you think guys?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 08:48:49 AM by tata3401 »

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hmmm well i dont think it makes much sense because between the chest and the heart, you have chest muscle, thoracic cage and and lungs so the heart is kinda far.

but it is indeed a good question why is the left side never as good as the right one. or is it just a coincidence.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024