Author Topic: DOES THIS 65ish GPdoc Knows...  (Read 5901 times)

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Having an enlarged pituitatory gland is not good :o

I was under the impression it was enlarged as in real big. I was thinking it could of been a tumor. Just because I didn't do a search and read about it doesn't mean I don't know what I am talking about. How tall are you by any chance?

And Hypo, get a life and stop insulting people. Just cause you hurt on the inside, doesn't mean you have to make every feel bad also.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline vaio

I skimmed across your pos very fast. Thats why I missed the part where you said slightly enlarged. Hypo has alot of time on his hands which is good for many on here, as he can answer questions indepth. He makes fun of others at the same time. He's an not a nice person in my opinion. Very contractdicting.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 06:21:19 PM by vaio »

Offline Boobs

• Silver Member
vaio. I think that what you just said is true for you. While hypo posts factual information, you seem to think that your opinion is the only thing that is right. It seems like you have alot of time to flame people while hypo just has alot of time to know what he is actually talking about. great input on the boards, by the way. you've been alot of help to people I can see.

Offline vaio

Boobs, When I am wrong I admit I am wrong.
Hypo does not. Thats the difference.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I-Hate-gyno,

Your Doctor may be an aging GP, but you are fortunate on several counts.

First, you have a Doctor who is truly taking you and your situation seriously.

Second, He is checking everything out in a good, Methodical, Thorough way.

Older Doctors were dependent upon history and physical exam. and had a limited arsenal of diagnostic tools.  Now we have the CT scan, MRI, Ultra- Sound etc.
You benefit from both his long experience and the latest diagnostic methods.  

Do not let the comments of any of us here cause you concern.  It may take a little while to get to the bottom of your problem, but from what you have said I am sure that you are in good hands.    

Count your Blessings and maintain a good outlook.  No doubt there are some people here who wish they had your Doc.  He sounds like a keeper.

And by the way, At 67 I'm still working, I log 1000-1500 miles per week driving in addition to my actual productive time, and serve as a technical consultant in my trade.  
Grandpa Dan

Offline hypo

I wish I had your energy Paw Paw.

I-Hate-gyno,

I do not have any knowledge about the insurance side of things in the US, so I really have no idea as to whether or not gynecomastia surgery would be covered in the event of it being pituitary related.

If it is pituitary related it may be it will be covered- a questions for others I think.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 01:36:12 AM by hypo »

Offline I-Hate-Gyno

• Bronze Member
  • I am getting PEC's one day
I-Hate-gyno,

Your Doctor may be an aging GP, but you are fortunate on several counts.

First, you have a Doctor who is truly taking you and your situation seriously.

Second, He is checking everything out in a good, Methodical, Thorough way.

Older Doctors were dependent upon history and physical exam. and had a limited arsenal of diagnostic tools.  Now we have the CT scan, MRI, Ultra- Sound etc.
You benefit from both his long experience and the latest diagnostic methods.  

Do not let the comments of any of us here cause you concern., but from what you have said I am sure that you are in good hands.    

Count your Blessings and maintain a good outlook.  No doubt there are some people here who wish they had your Doc.  He sounds like a keeper.

And by the way, At 67 I'm still working, I log 1000-1500 miles per week driving in addition to my actual productive time, and serve as a technical consultant in my trade.  

I shouldn't have made that comment (retirement knocking) about people around that age, especially when they are still fully active in life. In fact, he said exactly what you wrote  "It may take a little while to get to the bottom of your problem"paa paw. My doc said, when we have all the pieces then I am going to make my diagnosis slowly but surely. He tells me I should not be smoking, drinking and I need to wear protection at all times just like my mother. Hey he is a cool Doctor my bad. Dam that a lot of driving Paa Paw.

ps, vaio It all good in my neck of the woods thanks for your concern.
      keep droping knowledge you'll (hypo) etc.    I-H-G
$1000 saved
$4500 needed for "freedom!"(vaio mb.).

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I guess sometimes the kids have as much of a limited view of the older generation as the old guys sometimes do of todays kids.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 11:30:42 AM by jc71 »

Offline I-Hate-Gyno

• Bronze Member
  • I am getting PEC's one day
     Wahow, just had my MRI done today to look at my pituitary gland. What a fu@$ing process >:(. They cram me in a little tunnel, and I stayed there for what felt like a whole day(1 hour actully time) >:( . Nevertheless, I am one step way from finding out if my doctor is going to make it a medical need. Therefore, so my insurance provider(BCBS) can cover the cost ;). Pray for me fellows.

I-H-G

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I H G

You get the prayers,  and I'll also pray for your Doc's Guidance.

Grandchild #19 is now 6 months and I was just told than Great-Grandchild # 1 is on the way. With so many positive things in my life, I do not have time to worry about Gyne.  It is all a matter of perspective.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024