Author Topic: Gyne Returns  (Read 4845 times)

Offline Hypo-is-here

I will say it again, that the only study I have seen on the topic says that it come back in 30% of first surgeries and 20% of second surgeries.

It is about hormone balance but you have to remember that it is also genetics. Some guys can take steriods and have no problems. Others walk by the creatine and develope gynecomastia.

We are all working with a different deck of genes and they all play out differently.

If it is coming back, I would be looking at diet, suppliements, medications, etc.

Merle

Hormones and genetics are often one and the same, it is far too easy and quite often incorrect to think of them separately.

Poor genetics often equate to a poor hormonal balance.

Without a poor hormonal balance at one point or another gynecomastia simply cannot occur, irrespective of how that results be it Klinefelters/Kallmans/Mosaic/PAIS?Alpha Reductase deficiency/Androgen receptor defect etc- genetic via CAG repeats- disposition causing imbalance or a liver or thyroid disorder resulting in the same.

I could go on…. high SHBG, trauma, tumors resulting in lowered LH and testosterone....drugs resulting in elevated SHBG/estradiol again etc etc.  

Individuals can have perfectly acceptable genetics and have a diseased state or be taking medications or face trauma etc that can separately result in a hormone imbalance and gynecomastia but often genetics are part of or solely at fault....hence the high number of idiopathic cases and those that run in families.

Unless a person develops gynecomastia as a clear result of a diseased state, as a result of drugs or such like it is often impossible to know how much genetics played a part and it can also be a bit of a chicken and egg scenario.

Everything you were saying apart from this minor interpretation though is of course perfectly correct as we both know.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024