Author Topic: UK Documentary  (Read 16421 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
i set out in april on a quest to get the op on the NHS
but after having amamogram and my knackers messed around with and a biopsy of breast tissue i was told to wear a bra.

They actually told you to wear a bra?   :o

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

•   Sitting in breast clinics waiting to be seen as all the women looked at you (including the nurses) wondering what you were doing there.
•   The red faced nurse who tried to give you a mammogram.
•   The stupid joke of the Registrar who said you wouldn’t have to rely on your wife to breast feed any children.

Dude....   that must have been brutal!   :-\

I recall being in hospital for some tests when I was about 15 or so and had to wear one of those bluish/green, 'butt sticking out' gowns. The way the gown hung over my chest made my gyne very prominent (which I was very aware of). What could I do though? That's what I had to wear  :-\. The technician who was running the tests, took one look at me and instantly got that WTF look on his face. Very embarrassing!   :'(

Anyways dude, awesome post... Very powerful!   Thanks for sharing...

John.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 10:23:10 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline mtl99

• Posting Member
Hah, yeah right. There is nothing more I would love to have than the hideous and embarrassing condition, which I have literally wasted years of my life trying to conceal, fully exposed on a BBC documentary. Why do you think people post anonymously on this board? Why do you think 99.9% of photos have the face blacked out? I've seen many BBC documentaries, and they are really fantastic. As a consumer of televised entertainment I can attest that a documentary about men with breasts would fascinate me in much the same way as a documentary about the secret love life of circus freaks.

Perhaps the producers have good intentions, I don't know, but to anyone considering an appearance on this documentary, consider the following:

a) Monday morning's water cooler chat will go something like "oh my god, did you see that show on BBC about men with breasts? It was hilarious! You know Bob kind of looks like he fits the bill, ahahahahaha!!!"

b) The veil of invisibility that you have so obsessively put together with every trick in the book will fall apart, thread by thread, as all those around you, who previously had no idea such a condition existed, now scrutinize every crease on your shirt, every curve on your chest. Expect to see many wandering eyes followed by those familiar smirks.

If that doesn't bother you, hey, you have tougher skin than me, and I applaud you for it. Myself, I agree with a previous post:  "Never in a million years."

« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 02:45:34 PM by mtl99 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

If that doesn't bother you, hey, you have tougher skin than me, and I applaud you for it. Myself, I agree with a previous post:  "Never in a million years."

mtl99...

I hear ya broh. Most guys who are still suffering would prolly not want to appear on such a tv program. It would be very difficult for them to expose their carefully hidden secret  :-[ :-[ :-[. However, face black-outs and voice modifiers are always an option.

I am sure that the intentions of the producers is not to embarrass anyone but to be as discreet as possible to explore the sufferers' gynecomastic experiences/feelings.  ;)

The docuvid that got the surgery ball rolling for me was 'Men With Breasts'. In which Merle (Site Owner) appeared. Without this Site and the tv program 'Men With Breasts', I prolly would still be top heavy. Thank you Merle! You-Da-Man!

John.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 05:30:05 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline mtl99

• Posting Member
Is that video available anywhere online?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Is that video available anywhere online?

I did upload it to a file sharing Site a while back but I cannot remember the name of the Site now.  However, I do have a copy of it on my HD. Would you like me to send you a copy of it?

John.

Offline mtl99

• Posting Member
Bambu, yes, if you can put it somewhere please do. Thanks.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

mtl99....

Do you have Limewire? I can put the file in my Limewire 'shared' folder so that you can DL it.

Let me know when you are planning to DL the file as I don't always have LW running.

John.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 11:11:12 AM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline FT

• Posting Member
Happy New Year!
Thank you to all the men who have contacted me with thier stories via this posting.  We are still making this documentary and I would love to hear from anyone who would be happy to share their story with me.  It is shaping up to be a fascinating and informative documentary but we still need more people to come forward - all calls are confidential and without obligation to be in the programme.
thank you again
Flavia

Offline man-chest-r

• Bronze Member
I think a lesson of this board had been find out before you engage - with surgeons - so likewise with this program. So, maybe we should ask, and be told, what other programs these makers have made?

And what, actually, is it going to be called ? I think that is a benchmark of the sincerity of the program makers.

And, I have to say, I am concerned about how a program like this - no matter what the motives of its makers - can actually make things better for people like us. What examples do the makers have of other programs which have worked well?

Offline HarryO

• Posting Member

Never, ever, trust a documentary producer.

This is entertainment, cloaked in the lie that exposure will help sufferers of this condition.

I hope they rot in hell.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
right i see the importance in your program and i see that your still going to make it so as a token of generosity i have decided that i will appear on your program for £20,000. (payable to my 8 year old son to go in a trust fund to go towards his education)
You can have my full story and i feel you have a bargain there.
Let me know if you would really like me for this price.
The price is not negotiable.

You can pm me through profile.
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
well seems like you dont really want me so price will double at the end of the month :D

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Do I detect the beginnings of a Dutch auction?   ;)
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
i detect a bunch of greedy bastids just wanting to gain a nice chunk of money at the embarrassment of fellow sufferers!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024