Author Topic: Swimming, please help.  (Read 8326 times)

Offline Cuttin Headz

• Silver Member
  • The Person Formerly Known As Bubby_the_Tour_ G
hey, wouldn't the vest become saturated with salt and silica-salt (sand) and shells and moss and pencilfish and seaweed and silt and won't you get sand inside the vest and it would suck wearing it?

just hold your arms really far back and try to make your shoulder blades come into contact at all times.

Any chicas going out with you? then you've got a problem.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 04:23:49 PM by Bubby_the_Tour_G »
Fatal Flying Guillotine providing free surgery for people with Gynecomastia, just ask Dr. Ti Tu Fat

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would endorse Spleen's first response.

Just act normal and don't make a BFD out of it.  You'll be surprised how far that will go.  If someone does take notice and tease,  Tease them for their lack.  Turn it around and throw it back at them.

Real friends will not tease you about things that are beyond your control. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 08:33:00 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline GALD_MAN1000

• Posting Member
  • Free as a bird who just got out of jail
i tried to take up judo. BAD DECISION. i whent to the first lesson and had to change into that costume thing they all wear. first i had to do that in the corner so no one would see me, then everytime you get grabbed, theres a lot of grabbing in judo, the top got pulled off me. i saw some very odd looks at me. felt like using my new skills!! never went back.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sad Man, you were looking at faces to see if anyone was looking at you.  Of course they were!  but it may have had a lot more to do with the fact that you had lost your top than what was exposed.  You were, after all, the only one there with no top.

My Gyne never stopped me from doing anything.  When I was younger though, my ATTITUDE about it prevented me from doing a lot of things.

Attitude is more important than a bit of surplus breast tissue.

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
I do have under armour, if thats what you mean

What about that surfer spandex? would that be normal?

Offline Spleen

Yeah, this wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

What about those surfer spandex? opinions?

You said you're going to the beach and what should you do?  If honest answers aren't what you're looking for, then what are you really asking?  You've got a list of stuff from go shirtless to black t-shirts to "pinch your nipples".  The lycra rash guards/surfer spandex are skin tight BTW and will show the same profile.  

SAD_MAN1000, Judo was a "BAD DECISION" because you got "funny looks".  No one said a word to you and you still got humiliated and quit?  Sorry if I'm testy today guys, but at some point we all have to just stop being pu$$ies and pushovers, especially when there's no or faint demonstable reaction to one's appearance.  I'm not picking on you SAD because I read about this stuff again and again from lots of people that post here, but like Paw said it's our attitudes that count. "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission".  Think about it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 05:04:59 AM by Spleen »

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Real friends will not tease you about things that are beyond your control.

Actually, you'd be surprised. It is very common for guy friends to rag on one another in good humor. Now, if that friend rags on it to the point of drawing others into "the joke," then maybe that person needs to grow up a bit.

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
Those surfer spandex kind of compress them though.

NOONE HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION  YET. do you think the spandex would be normal?

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
Yeah. The spandex is probably your best bet.

I wouldn't make up some wierd story about how I couldn't take my shirt off though. That would probably just draw more attention to it.

Offline Spleen

Dude, the spandex is thin & skin tight, so it's gonna show your body as it is.  The only thing that will be thick enough or compress enough to hide is gonna be a wetsuit, and you will  be way too hot in something like that.

Offline tiredofthelies

• Bronze Member
  • Gabba Gabba We Accept You
wear spandex and tshirts into the water if you want people to pay attention to you. period.

if its warm enough for everyone to be shirtless its warm enough to not need protection from the water (wet suit/dry suit...). take off your shirt and keep low in the water. put it back on once on land saying that you burn easily. i was terrified the first time i took my shirt off at the beach but a quick glance around told me that everyone else was too busy having fun to care about my gyne. you have to remember that 90 percent of it is in your head and everyone has something they're uncomfortable about with their body.

plan ahead and come up with some good smartass comebacks if anyone says anything.

Offline johnri60626

• Posting Member
Put on the swim suit, pull off your shirt and walk proud, head held high, chest out ( yeah, I said that ).

There is not a soul with half the spine necessary to say anything to your face if you shrug it off as no big deal. If someone says something cruel or snide, tell them to grow up and get a life.

For whatever reason, God gave us these bodies, and since he don't make mistakes, obviously it's nothing to be ashamed of. Live, breathe easy, and don't sweat the small stuff. As long as you've had it checked out as nothing medicaly serious, I'd shrug it off. Sometimes it goes away on t's own, especially if you get it during puberty.

Offline atm311

• Bronze Member
  • Lost appeal with insurance...BC/ BS of NJ
I have not swam in five years because of my gyne...and I loved to swim....here's what you do (and what I'm planing to do):

Get a compression vest (i got mine from morris designs) that looks like a regular tank top/"wifebeater" and then wear a black shirt on top of that, when you get wet, you have the compression advantage, and you also just say "my back burns really easy, so I keep it covered. (Therefore explaining the black shirt)....nobody has to know that you've got a compression vest on underneath. They will just think it's a "wifebeater"

Cheers,
Matt
- Matt

There is hope without surgery....I got REALLY LUCKY.
Stay strong everyone!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024