Author Topic: Not the only one...  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It's amazing how many guys have gyne. And yet, prior to being in the know, we all think that we are the 'only one' with the condition. I for one did...

JP
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Me too, G.B. 
That's why I spend so much time answering questions and trying to encourage others on this site.  Stumbling on to this site is how my eyes were opened.  It's people like you, Merle, Hypo, Head, Paa, and all the others who really contributed to a huge turning point in my life.  I'll never forget the excitement I felt when I finally saw I was not alone. :)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline 808gyno

• Posting Member
  • Upon further review, I'm not as cool as I thought.
I hear you Grandpa.  Especially since you rarely ever see anyone with gyne without a shirt you might think that you're alone.  Of course that's only because we do such a great job of hiding it.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
what's weird is that's how i lived, but i didn't think about that aspect that much, i was just all focused on hiding my case, though i thought at least nobody else in my gym classes had it.  what threw me off was that i assumed right away it had to be a breast cancer, since i'd heard of that happening to some man in a rare instance many decades before.  i just figured i was lucky mine was in "remission" since it stopped growing after a point, and then i found what gyne was and what that assumption had cost me in years.  but it was still astounding to come here and discover how many other poor s.o.b.'s besides me had been through the same wringer  :o 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 03:15:40 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline jerseyguy81

• Posting Member
Quite true.  I think what is also helpful/motivating is knowing that effects all kinds of people.. even those that we admire.  One of the more profound moments in my life was when I heard that the Rock, Dwayne Johnson, came to terms with his gynecomastia and revealed that he had GSR done just prior to his acting career.

The Rock before: http://www.e-hawaii.com/stars/index/the_rock/images/the_rock.jpg
The Rock after:  http://www.dwaynejohnsonfever.net/PhotoGallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=125&pos=1
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 01:09:57 AM by jerseyguy81 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024