Author Topic: dr. bermant got a ???????  (Read 2369 times)

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
i was wondering, once surgery is done and the healing is completed.  

will a person be able to go the gym on a regular basis and do all the chest workouts ie. bench press, decline and incline press as well, pushups and all the other chest exercises, without having too worry that by doing the chest exercises that the gyno will comeback

i understand that if it does comeback- it's because of a hormonal problem.  i just want to know if by working out your chest on a regular basis, that won't trigger it.

thanks for your time.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 02:02:01 PM by jc71 »

Offline rcbrown23

No, it would not trigger it. Many people having the op are pro body builders, and they continue to be after the op.

I'll bet they're a little more respectable to the roids, though. ;)

DrBermant

i was wondering, once surgery is done and the healing is completed.  

will a person be able to go the gym on a regular basis and do all the chest workouts ie. bench press, decline and incline press as well, pushups and all the other chest exercises, without having too worry that by doing the chest exercises that the gyno will comeback

i understand that if it does comeback- it's because of a hormonal problem.  i just want to know if by working out your chest on a regular basis, that won't trigger it.

thanks for your time.

The effects of building muscles depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, and how you healed.  Surgery does not prevent regrowth.  However, I have seen regrowth in very few of my patients over the many years of my practice.

I work with many bodybuilders.  Building muscles through exercise and training does not cause gynecomastia.  Localized fat and gland over the muscle is pushed out by bigger muscles.  It can take very little excess tissue to upset the cut look of the male chest as seen here.  

I prefer my Dynamic Technique where I target the gland first.  I have seen many patients from other doctors where liposuction removed fingers of fat from between fingers of gland, condensing the gland behind.  This firmer tissue does not compress like fat.  Muscle building can push such firm tissue out, one variation of the "puffy nipples," after liposuction alone surgery I have seen from other doctors.  

The action of motion is important in evaluating male chest sculpture, how the chest looks in animation.  That is why I show pictures of arms up / down, and arms on hips muscle tight and muscles relaxed.  Take some time to carefully evaluate the quality of results, especially during animation.  That is what many of my body builders tell me.  They do not want to just look good from one view in a still picture.  They want to look good while living, playing, and doing things.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 05:12:45 PM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024