Author Topic: Going to the Beach With Gyno?  (Read 10939 times)

Offline Zdew

• Posting Member
Also I just read up on tamoxifen could this help and how long does it take to see results? If this would help I would definetaly try to tell my dad because there is something that could actually help.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
for me, going to beach is a very scary thing because of the shirt removal  >:(

last time i went to beach was when I was 17 years old (im 25 years old now). and I can see people staring at my chest. so I dont have a choice but to simply get up from the water and go to the car and wait for my cousins to finish swimming.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline Zdew

• Posting Member
Ya I have had Gyno for about a year and a half and I can't even remember going swimming without even being embarresed it seems like its been so long. :p I can't remember what it feels like to not have gyno. :-\ It sucks because I have no choice weather I want to swim or not. My parents would be like "we didn't pay all this money for you to sit on the beach and do nothing". So I have to take my shirt off for my stepsisters and everyone to see. How exciting. I can't even focus in school because it is all I think about and i am not doing track now which my dad will be unhappy about because I can't wear an undershirt under the uniform which doesn't even cover you up (it is like running without a shirt). I just wish I could wake up and not have it. Even if I did tell my parents what good would it do? I have 4 weeks until Mexico. Ok so it would take a week to go to a doctor, 2 more weeks to go to an endo. then he tells me, you need to wait another year or two and we will see what happens. Wow that would really make a difference. :P I am praying that it would go away because I don't think my dad has it. where would the scars be if he had it removed? he is 46 so it might have be back in the day treatment. Every day I wake up it seems worse too :-[ Mostly a puffy nipple thing and a little fat but not much, after seeing the pictures on here I would rate mine a 4.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 03:25:10 AM by Z470 »

Offline SOAD

• Posting Member
I wore a vest on the beach last year. Maybe you could get away with that.

The worst thing was the huge nagging I got about it but I stuck to my guns.
19 Years old, unilateral gyne in left chest

Offline Personal

• Posting Member
Z470 , trust me...talk to them okay? I know it's embarrasing, but they are your parents, they will understand your pain and do something about it. I had the same things going through my mind when I talked to my mom about it. All I did was say "I notice my chest getting bigger", and she called and set up an appointment for blood test's. Trust me man, after you talk to your parents, you'll feel releived and you will talk about it more. I basically ask my mom everyday if the hospital has sent any notes and stuff about surgery.

Offline Zdew

• Posting Member
Heh its just I already tried once and they didn't get it, which I can't believe. So I guess Ill just have to tell it like it is. :-\

Offline Zdew

• Posting Member
Alright wihtin the next 20 minutes i will be calling my dad up and telling him! I am very nervous though so someone pray for me or something :P. I am just going to say "dad can I get and appointment to the endocrinologist? I just want to make sure my hormones are ok." Then something like "lots of kids my age get man boobs but mine are bad and not going away, it feels like there is omething under my nipples."  ;) So Ill just act like I dont know what it is even though I do, then maybe later Ill tell him how it is effecting my life so he knows that it is serious. Today in p.e. I felt so bad, they were sticking out more than normal so I had to go in the bathroom to change shirts and when we ran I had to slouch over and when we walked I just folded my arms like I was cold even though it was 70 degrees or more. :-[

« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 05:17:48 PM by Z470 »

Offline Zdew

• Posting Member
Heh I tried to tell my dad but all I said was "can I go get my hormones checked out?" and he said ok but then he had to go because he was at work, I feel so depressed again because he didn't get the hint but maybe Ill tell him later tonight. :'(

Edit: Ok I have an Idea, I am going to leave my computer on the thing that Grandpa Bambu wrote for parents, then when I leave to go to my stepdads house for the night my parents will probably walk in and see it. It tells a lot more about gyno then I would tell them myself so I am going to go ahead and try it. They'll probably think I left the page open on accident though. :P

Edit: New idea again I am going to leave it here http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/general/gynart.shtml so then it looks likie a medical article and not that I am depressed so Ill just call him up and say "I think I have that"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 05:25:12 PM by Z470 »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if starting a conversation is too difficult, you could try putting it down on paper and leaving it in an envelope.   

then make sure it's somewhere you can't go get it back  ;) 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Zdew

• Posting Member
Heh they didn't see it, I am sure I will mention it sometime tonight though. It seems like my gyno is getting worse and worse, the last two days I have been slouching to hide it and people are all asking why I am slouching because it looks really wierd. :(

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
Hey Z.  I'm the guy you posted earlier saying your condition looks like mine.  I think what you need to do is be just completely straight forward and direct with your parents... or whichever one of them you are more comfortable with.  Tell them you go on this website, that you've gathered a lot of information, that it's likely not going to go away on it's own (I got mine when I was about 11 - 12 and still have 'em), and that you need to do something about it now.  You shouldn't be doomed to live the rest of your life with this horrible condition.  What's going to be worse?  A bit of embarassment now in talking to your parents or having to be seen on the beach without a shirt on for the rest of your life?

How does your chest look when your nipples are hard?  Albeit a temporary and debatable fix, some people have had some success in applying crazy glue to their nipples while they're hard.  Apparently when they aren't hard anymore with crazy glue on them they retain a good size and it keeps well in water too.  Try this at your own risk, and I'm not recommending it.  I've never done it but I've read about it being done.
Potential risks of this I'm told is discoloration of the nipple if you do it over a long period of time.

Good luck.

Offline Zdew

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply Calg!

I think I am going to tell my dad now after what you said. I guess 10 minutes of embarressment it better than a life of embarressment.
When I get cold my chest still looks bad, my nipples get smaller but I have fat and gland even though i am very skiny so the gland goes away a little but my chest still looks like I have pointy man boobs. My gyno is getting worse now to it is really noticeable under a t shirt. I think I might try ordering a compression vest for a temporary fix, does anyone have any recommendations?

Edit: Ok well I have almost just given up hope on trying to tell my parents, its like I dont even care anymore but it is still all I can think about. I am just going to email my dad at work tomorrow and then I can't take it back, I will act like i juts found out about gyno and I thinki I have it. Then Ill just get him to take me to the doctor and see if I can try some Tamoxifen because i just saw an article that it helped with gyno for boys that are going through puberty.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 11:42:23 PM by Z470 »

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
Hey Z.  Be careful with the tamoxifen or any other product that claims to reduce gynecomastia.  From user reviews here apparently none of them work, the only real solution is surgery.  I don't mean to burst your bubble, as I got excited too when I saw that stuff.  Realistically though, if it worked so well, gyne surgeons wouldn't be doing the surgery anymore.  It may work to an extent... who knows.  Try it and let us know, but don't get your hopes too high up.

Good luck!

Offline Zdew

• Posting Member
I am not looking for a complete cure as it might go away on its own because I am just about to turn 15 and have had it for almost 2 years. I was just hoping it might reduce it, if I end up going to the doctor Ill see what he says.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024