Author Topic: 6 weeks post op Poland Pics  (Read 8646 times)

Offline Gaz_R7

• Bronze Member
That is what i was just thinking actually.

I am in the same situation as HarryO, who was at the clinic at the same time as myself and AK.

I have one side which looks improved, but my right side looks like it hasnt been touched and looks like it did before.

I was now thinking, if that Baranskis' response to HarryO was that it was a different operation that is needed now, then that wont be a revision procedure and now that also means that more cost will arise as a result.

Hmm.

Offline outertrial

Guys Im sorry, but I wouldnt go back there.

As you asked for advice HarryO mine is to chalk it down to experience and find a surgeon with a better record. I understand that most peoples reason for going to Poland is cost, but theres clinics in Brussels like Elyzea and Beaucare thatll do this procedure for around 1500 Euros and I had superb results from Dr Benito in Barcelona for 2500GBP.

Its not just the money, its your time having to keep going back there, the stress on your body and peace of mind as well.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
whats the matter with you guys???
cant you grasp the FACT that your body takes time to heal fully ????
 ::) ::) ::)

im getting a bit sick of saying this but here goes AGAIN!

ONE SIDE WILL TAKE LONGER THAN THE OTHER TO HEAL UP.
SOME PEOPLE MAY BE LUCKY AND HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME TIME HEALING BUT THATS DOUBTFULL
Now please try to be patient and keep massaging and keep making sure you dont gain any weight

ACTIVITY RESTRICTIONS: Do not smoke for 48 hours after your breast reduction surgery to prevent coughing and bleeding. Do not drink alcohol for 5 days after gynecomastia surgery, or while you are taking the pain medication. Alcohol dilates the blood vessels and could cause bleeding, and mixing pain medication and alcohol is dangerous. You may drive a car with power steering after one week, if you are no longer taking pain medication. Do not raise your arms above your shoulders for 2 weeks, and DO NOT CARRY ANY HEAVY WEIGHTS, BAGS OR PACKAGES for 4 weeks. For these purposes, anything weighing more than 10 pounds is considered a heavy weight.

MASSAGE: Some breast reduction patients experience post-operative scarring within the breast tissue or "hard spots." Some patients may feel an edge around the areola. Massage may aid in the resolution of these conditions. If you have areas in your chest that are more swollen and hard than others, approximately 10 days after gynecomastia surgery, you may begin to massage them if it feels comfortable to you. You can massage gently with your hands and/or with a rolling pin, you can use a massage oil, moisturizing lotion or cream, or you may visit a massage therapist. We can provide you with the name of a massage therapist experienced with post-surgery patients.

losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline outertrial

Apparently Dr Baranski has already told HarryO that he needs a revision and that will have to involve two separate operations (presumably involving two more payments)  for each nipple. If this is true then its not worth him going back in my opinion.

Im not saying that no one got a good result in Poland.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
oh really
strange that because im 99% sure that Dr Baranski's interpreter said that any Revisions would be free of charge !!!

are you sure that Dr Baranski said this or is this just your assumption?

Offline outertrial

as to the cost i paid for my revision its a standard cost of 360 euros for anesthesia and stay at the clinic..the actual revision they decide on when you are there and its free of charge....be sure to be firm in what you want doing when you go back as i did...what i found is i felt as if i was negotiating with them to get everything done which i felt was necessary..just seemed like anatoly (the translator) was more of a salesman trying to say io may eed a futher op to remove excess skin etc...which was totaly un necessary im only small to medium build and would have been no need for this at al ( which worried me )

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,8645.msg65799.html#msg65799

The above was posted by Ghostrider on another thread. Its not much but you are paying and if theyre trying to get you to go back twice for something that should be done in one then one has to wonder why.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
10% of patients that have corrective surgery need to return for revision.
they are not my figures but are figures quoted on a recent Tv program on this subject.
Personally i think most of this is down to expecting too much too soon.
12 months is the reccomended healing time.
So expecting to be fully healed at 6 months is a bit of a joke.
I thougfht months ago maybe id need revisiuon but looking at how well ive healed recently theres no way that i would consider it as im almost totally evenly flat now :)
which is not what i could have said 6-8 weeks ago

Offline HarryO

• Posting Member

Hi All,

NotFedUp, thanks for your input there, although you do sound FedUp :)

I do indeed take your point about recovery being a long road, and that patience is required, I accept that.
Also thanks for the point about one side being bigger than the other, and that recovery can be uneven.

I think most people who have gyne do not have the Puffy Nipple problem. Myself and Gaz_R7 have this problem
and its very disconcerting. Even though we've had the excison, it has not cured the problem of pointy, cone shaped, feminine nipples.

I must say from my own personal perspective I would not be comfortable going swimming at the moment, and in shirts and t-shirts I still feel self conscious.  :(

I sent my photos to Baranski, and Antoni, the interpreter got back to me to say that, for "Gyne+Puffy", that 2 separate operations are required. I don't think this is a money making angle, I think it's a medical/physical thing. Antoni says that the puffy nipple operation is done under local anesthetic, so I imagine it does not require an overnight stay. I'm waiting to hear back about this and I hope to get this done sooner rather than later.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the support guys. We'll get there come what may!!!

Offline HarryO

• Posting Member
Apparently Dr Baranski has already told HarryO that he needs a revision and that will have to involve two separate operations (presumably involving two more payments)  for each nipple. If this is true then its not worth him going back in my opinion.

Im not saying that no one got a good result in Poland.

Outertrial, no baranski has not said I need revision yet. And indeed I may not need a lipo revision. But the puffy Nips need to be dealt with. I think this involves stitching the nipple to the body, and is a much smaller job than excision/lipo.

If I do need more chest shaping then that will be free, save for the knockout juice and clinic stay.

I'll keep you posted.

Offline Gaz_R7

• Bronze Member
HarryO - can you let me know what they come back with please mate, regarding the puffy nipps.

Thanks.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
I believe that the puffy nipple remedy requires cutting around of the whole nipple then its trimmed down and restitched.
I know it sounds horriffic but its really not all as bad as it sounds and the healing time will not be as long as with the gland removal.
But please do keep us informed as knowledge is always good :)
and good luck

Offline Gaz_R7

• Bronze Member
Thanks mate.

I know its probably annoying that you keep see us going on about it, but at the end of the day, i 110% want my chest to heal, but it just looks untouched if i am totally honest, just seems as though the puffiness is still there and there is no chance, i accpet that it needs time, etc...

But it has been over 2 months now.

Offline outertrial

Gaz, what did it look like right after surgery? Changes that occur after the first week or so could realistically be attributed to swelling and scar tissue build up couldnt they.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
well pointed out outerial
if you were flat directly for the 1st few weeks after surgery and then it suddenly reappeared it would be swelling that is causing this.

Offline Gaz_R7

• Bronze Member
The right looked the same, but the left looked better.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024