Author Topic: After all this waiting, a dream has been realized!  (Read 3227 times)

Offline shy

• Posting Member
Well guys it has been a long time since I have posted (about two years).  I have been reading this website for the past two years and just dreaming of the day I finally get rid of this problem we all share.  Like most of you I have been suffering from gynecomastia since the tender age of 10 (I am 22 now).  But now this problem will finally be corrected.
I had a consultation with Dr Fielding this past Monday (March 21), and everything he said was music to my ears.  I now know I am not some misfit of society but I indeed suffer from a real medical problem.   I am going back for another pre-op appointment on April 26, and have booked my surgery for May 11.  That will certainly be one of the greatest days of my life.
I urge everyone that if you are not comfortable with you gyne, seek help from your family physician who can refer you to a respectable ps.  That is how I got the ball rolling for me.  If you are afraid to tell your parents or loved ones, you shouldn't be.  Take it from me, being from an east indian background one does not discuss these types of things with their parents (i.e plastic surgery, etc.), but I just told them because this is a very serious issue for me.  You know what happened, they completely understood and are willing to help me in any way possible.  
Anyway I hope everyone gets the help they deserve!!

Offline shy

• Posting Member
Oh, I would just like to add that my case is a moderate case, and the cost of the surgery will be $1000 + GST which equates to $1070.  FYI the $1000 is a flat student rate (I being a uni student).  

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey there Shy...

Congrats on your upcomming Gyne Op. I too had Gyne removal by JCF. I am 7 weeks Post-Op and feeling awesome!

You say that Gynecomastia is a 'Medical Problem'. This is not really the case. It is more of a 'Social Problem'. Everyone is different and some guys never loose the pubescent Gyne. Many men with Gyne lead very normal lives and celebrate their breasts ( to each his own ). However, in today's society where 'appearance/looks' is everything, a male with Gyne is looked upon as a freak. This is unfortunate but that's just the way it is.

Anyways... you are in good hands with JCF! He does excellent work. ;)

John.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 01:46:06 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline shy

• Posting Member
Hey Bambu, thanks for your kind words.  Looking at your pictures, I see Dr. Fielding did an amazing job on you.   You should be really estactic about your results.  If I can get results like that I will be thrilled.  
If I may ask you, how long did it take for the soreness to subside?  When were you able to fully lift your arms without discomfort?  I ask this because I am an avid basketball player and since summer is rolling around I want to know how long it will be before I can start shooting jumpshots again.
Thanks!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Shy...

Yes, JCF did an awesome job and yes I am ecstatic about the results. I'm sure Doc Fielding will do a great job for you also ;).

I am still sore a bit and at the gym a few days ago, I felt a bit of chest pain while stretching. Nothing major though! It was about at the 4 week mark that I started to feel like my old self again.

While everyone recovers at a different rate, I would say that you 'might' be able to play a bit of B-ball at 4 weeks Post-Op. However, it would be in your best interest to ask Dr. Fielding when you could start playing ball again. He is the expert not me.  ;)

It's an awesome feeling being Gyne free! It's a feeling of being 'at peace' with yourself. You will know exactly what I am mean after your surgery.

BTW, do you have any 'Before' pics posted?

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024