Author Topic: Is lactation in men a myth? Has anyone ever produced milk?  (Read 28674 times)

Offline okay

I was able to get a small amount of fluid, through much stimulation it took 3 months. I just wanted to see if I could. Have all the glands and ducts. not large breast though.

Offline xunit

• Posting Member
I was able to get a small amount of fluid, through much stimulation it took 3 months. I just wanted to see if I could. Have all the glands and ducts. not large breast though.

You don't need a DD cup to lactate. 

It is not breast size that matters.  It is a demand system: greater the demand, the greater the supply.  What matters is how frequently you nurse.  Small breasts can produce just as much as large breasts.  So if you pump or express every 2 or 3 hours, and once or twice at night, you will be getting the stimulation to the pituitary gland, like any mother with a child, and that will get the milk flowing if your glands and ducts are mature. 

Mothers of twins produce as much as their twins demand, and twice as much as a mother of a single infant.  Triplets the same.

In the old days when wet nursing was more common, a wet nurse could handle several children, nurse 30 times per day or more, and produce over a gallon of milk per day.

http://www.neonatology.org/classics/nursling/nursling.6.html
http://www.lactationconsultant.info/history.html

Wet nursing is another example of demand.  Can you imagine nursing 30 times per day?  That would be amazing.

Offline wolvesfan1

I don't know if it's a myth or not,   but I do know that I've been known to drip milk from my breasts occasionally.

I just cover this up by splashing a little water on my shirt,  when people ask questions,  and they have.

Jim

Offline xunit

• Posting Member
drip milk from my breasts occasionally.
I just cover this up by splashing a little water on my shirt,  when people ask questions,  and they have.

Be proud of your breasts.  Don't hide it, just change your top.  It happens.  If they can't handle it, tough.

Offline man

In youtube, if you use "forcedmilker" to search, you'll find a man that can produce real milk when he squeezes his own nipples.

DrBermant

I am researching a paper about gynecomastia and have come across passages that describe instances of men who have produced milk. This seems to have occured in extreme circumstances such as men producing milk in POW camps during world war 2. This particular passage attributed the lactation to malnutrition. I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever produced milk? I wish my breasts would in a way, does anyone else feel like that?

Given the right hormone stimulation breast gland in either women or men, can produce milk.  I have seen several male patients in my office have milk expressed during my clinical examination of their breasts.  These were typically men with endocrine problems or those interfering with their hormone axis.  In any case, they needed an endocrine work up.  I have also seen it in my MTF transgender patients on hormones.  Extreme starvation gynecomastia is quite rare but does occur.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 08:23:05 AM by DrBermant »

Offline Jay999

• Bronze Member
When I had gyne If I squeezed it hard enough I could get about 2 drops from it. Only happened with my left nipple. Right had never produced any.

Slightly scared by the fact that it is caused by prolactin, and prolactin can cause infertility  :o

Should I get my levels checked? I would not like to end up infertile...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024