Author Topic: Son with gynecomastia  (Read 20348 times)

Offline Gynomom

• Posting Member
Oh my, I am a bit overwhelmed by the response.  I just asked and disappeared 4 years ago when Renee started going in a different direction.  Back then, I knew they were developing breasts and had been sneaking into my underwear, but I had no idea I should be seeking advice on a transgender forum instead of here.

I felt you deserved an update, and to be honest, I love sharing about Renee.  I am so proud of her.  Although I have to admit I worry she is too precocious with boys, but then who am I to talk, getting pregnant in high school.  At least I don't have to worry about unwanted pregnancy with her ;)

Renee is now 5'8', willowy.  She dieted as soon as she said she had gender dysphoria (well, not in those exact words ha ha).  Her breasts shrunk to an A after her diet.  She was not happy about that. And now, even after a year on HRT, she is only back to just a tiny bit bigger than when I first put her in bras.

Renee has her own style.  She does things with makeup I would never dream of.  And her piercings make me light headed.  She likes to emphasize her full lips.  OMG, she says she wants boys to imagine what she knows how to do with them.  That attitude makes me feel old and I am not even 35.  But I just adore her, love to share pix of her, and enjoy the young woman she has become

« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 05:27:11 PM by Gynomom »

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
You have a beautiful daughter!!! She looks very happy 😊! I absolutely and totally understand how she feels. 

My mother had me start wearing a bra when I was 12. I wore my sister's hand me down bras for a few years but, I wasn't wearing one all the time until I was 16. She took me for my first fitting and buy me my own bras. I was a 34C. 

Last time we chatted, I was still presenting as male (sort of). I still identified as male. I was wearing ladies slacks and tops. That's all that fit me. I'm a 36G or H in most of my bras. Anyway my name is Sophie and I am a woman of transgender experience. I've been living full-time as a woman for over three years now and I have never been more happy. 

If you or your daughter have any questions, you can message me directly. 

Good luck and I am very excited and happy for your beautiful daughter. 

♥️Sophie♥️

Online 42CSurprise!

Your daughter is lovely and clearly is happy in her new life.  Whether she takes the journey our friend Sophie took or not, it seems clear a feminine presentation fits her soul.  I know this can be troubling for some parents.  Clearly that is not the case here.  I marvel at how many young people seem to be gender fluid both in their self-expression and in their sexuality.  Your daughter's comments about her lips and what she might do with them is case in point.  Alas, men here are coming to these conversations later in life.   The possibilities that seem available now were not available when we were boys.  Although I've never had a willowy body, were I a teen today there is no telling where my gender dysphoria might have led me.  I wish you both well.  Life is too short to live it in angst.  We need to accept who we are and then live the life that brings us peace, contentment and whatever joy life has in store for us.  

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
Just a suggestion:
Check out information regarding severe disappointment and depression with hormonal interventions and irreversible surgeries - and the correlation with subsequent suicide (the suicide rate does not decrease with trans treatment). You can find people who 'agree' with trans treatments, and those who 'disagree'.
However, listening to actual persons who have undergone them and now have major regret can at least prepare you for what might happen with your son - especially since he is still so young.

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Just a suggestion:
Check out information regarding severe disappointment and depression with hormonal interventions and irreversible surgeries - and the correlation with subsequent suicide (the suicide rate does not decrease with trans treatment). You can find people who 'agree' with trans treatments, and those who 'disagree'.
However, listening to actual persons who have undergone them and now have major regret can at least prepare you for what might happen with your son - especially since he is still so young.
Having gone through FORCED testosterone treatments as a teenager to "fix things" I understand the regret one can feel from it. 
IMO, parents need to listen to the child and not social standards. 

Our brains are developing as a teen, but we know 'who we are' for the most part. 

Parents enrolling you into every sport option available and forcing testosterone treatments in you doesn't change that, and it only creates severe depression. 

I liked sewing and making wedding dresses and cakes, and football practice was just an unwanted obstacle placed in front of me by my parents. It started 45 years of depression, and feeling like I didn't fit. 

Our brains are all wired different, and parents should listen carefully to their children. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline taxmapper

Let me throw in one additional aspect; 

Helping a child grow is the purpose of and the original intent of being a parent. 
You TEACH your children. 

I watch the momma cats that live around us and watch intently as they teach the kittens to play, hut, stalk, fester around and cat-nap.  If your child is dysmorphic there are many aspects and routines to that. 

I have met and known several trans people who openly regret the decision, and others it was the best thing for them. But that requires personal experience.  Tread carefully and remember that when something is highly popularized, its typically a fad.  Where the real aspect is either hidden, openly exploited for political/religious reasons or other aspect, pay attention to your child's needs and necessities rather than pressure or wants. 

If your "son" genuinely is better off as a "daughter" then so beit.  Support them in any regard.  Let them follow their own path, but guide them in learning the foundations. 

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
From JAG:
"Having gone through FORCED testosterone treatments as a teenager to "fix things" I understand the regret one can feel from it."

Precisely why I made the suggestion.  European medical agencies and governments are now recommending not doing chemical or surgical interventions on minors - on the basis of scientific data analysis.  Caution is called for.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 08:54:10 PM by Moobzie »

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
From JAG:
"Having gone through FORCED testosterone treatments as a teenager to "fix things" I understand the regret one can feel from it."

Precisely why I made the suggestion.  European medical agencies and governments are now recommending not doing chemical or surgical interventions on minors - on the basis of scientific data analysis.  Caution is called for.
Agreed!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024