32 (50.8%)
Increased nipples sensation
5 (7.9%)
Don't know
12 (19%)
Nipples never very sensitive
5 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Nipple(s) sensation  (Read 28497 times)

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Many men like women have very erotically sensitive nipples.  Some guys can not get off without nipple play. Other have no idea, as they have never checked.

One common fear among men with sensitive nipples is loosing that sensitivity post surgery.

Vote and tell us about your experience.

Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

knekil

will the nipple sensation come back with time......?

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
Usually comes back... give it 1 year.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I had a nipple graft with my surgery.  Which means the doctor removed my nipple, cut it down in size, and sewed it back on.  It's been 11 months since the surgery, and I don't have much feeling in my nipples, but I can still feel them.  They get hard when it's cold, and when I touch them with my finger, it hurts a little.  Maybe more feeling will come back, not sure.

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
  • There is life after Gynecomastia
My nipple is numb as hell. I don't mind. Actually if it stays this way, I may get it pierced or tattooed  8)
Here's my doc's web page: drmoliver.com

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Same as Pre-Op...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline refu_gee

• Posting Member
GB, yours was same as preop?? seriously? did you have excision under areola?

this was a big upset in my experience :( , i loved it when my girl would do her thing on my nips.. but now they are kind of "not mine" anymore..

i hope it comes back

Offline Grandpa Bambu

GB, yours was same as preop?? seriously? did you have excision under areola?

Yes, seriously!  And... yes, I had peri-areolar excision. I have close-up pics posted of my L & RHS areolas/nipples. You can 'just' make out the scar line in one of the shots.

GB

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
2 months post op and my sensation is gone. the girlfriend is a little bummed about it, but she just concentrates elsewhere  ;)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

the girlfriend is a little bummed about it, but she just concentrates elsewhere  ;)

;D ;D ;D

GB

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member
Same here! It's a very odd sensation. And to be honest I've never had a girl play with my nipples during sex because I was so ashamed about them. I'm hoping I get some sensation back so I can give it a shot now that I'm post op. lol.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There are hundreds of tiny nerve endings -- not just one -- that provide sensation to the nipples.  During gyne surgery, some of the nerves are injured and some of them go into a state of "shock."  There is more chance of nerve injury if a peri-areolar incision is made. That is one reason I try to do as much as I can with my specially designed cannulas, which often negates the need for a peri-areolar incision. 

The good news is that in almost all cases, the injured nerves re-connect and the "shocked" nerves begin to function again so that nipple sensation returns to some extent in almost everyone.  Obviously, there are rare exceptions.  Time is the great healer.  Often, the return of sensation is so very gradual that you may not realize it until your attention is directed to it -- and it may take 8-12 months or longer!

In extreme cases, when the nipples are actually taken off the body and then replaced as a skin graft, a form of sensation usually returns -- ie you can feel pressure but not fine touch.

By the way, it is the "awakening" nerves -- firing off -- that gives everyone the intense itching, occasional shooting pains, tingling, super-sensitivity of the skin and nipples, etc after gyne surgery.

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member

By the way, it is the "awakening" nerves -- firing off -- that gives everyone the intense itching, occasional shooting pains, tingling, super-sensitivity of the skin and nipples, etc after gyne surgery.

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS

Ohhhhhhhhhhh... so that's what that is!!! It's so weird, like a blanket of needles is being swiped over your chest.

Offline NH

• Posting Member
I virtually have no feeling in my poofy nipples. Will that change?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If you have virtually no sensation before surgery, then there will be no change or improvement after surgery.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024