Author Topic: 20 Years Old - Surgery with Karidis - 1st Sep 2012 (Recovering) - Photo Updates  (Read 23888 times)

Offline thetodd

You could visit an endocrinologist and get some hormone tests done, but ive never really heard of many people in the UK having that done. Unless you start messing with steroids after surgery (or have took any in the past) then its not really to much of a concern.

From the pics it looks like you look after your body, try not to worry youl be fine.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
GA is nothing to worry about mate. 1 in 250,000 result in a death and those deaths are usually caused by underlying health issues that would surface in the future anyway! You're young and healthy with a good diet right? And if you don't smoke then you're at such a low risk of any complications it's not even worth thinking about. The way I see it is, if you decide to avoid GA then by that logic you should avoid getting in a car again.

I have to say I found the anaesthetic quite strangely fun - it's a really surreal moment and it's quite an experience - not many people get to have one :D Canula that goes in does not hurt at all and then you just feel heavy as darn and feel yourself drifting off ... I remember just saying 'wooahhhhh...' while the anaesthetist's assistant had a little chuckle.

Some people on here say it feels like you just blink and are awake again. It didn't really feel like that for me, I felt like I had concept of time similar to just sleeping heavily for a good hour.
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Offline NO83

• Posting Member
I just posted in another UK thread about this same subject.  As others have said, anestheisa is nothing to worry about!  It felt like a nap and before I knew it (literally) surgery was over.  It really is a surreal experience, in a good way!  Best of luck!

Offline enom

• Bronze Member
You could visit an endocrinologist and get some hormone tests done, but ive never really heard of many people in the UK having that done. Unless you start messing with steroids after surgery (or have took any in the past) then its not really to much of a concern.

From the pics it looks like you look after your body, try not to worry youl be fine.

I had a few hormone tests a couple of weeks ago, testosterone, estrogen etc and they came back normall. Only liver enzymes came back slightly elevated but GP reassured me this nothing to worry about and will retest it just to be sure along with the other bloods. Not a steroid user or do I ever intend to be. Want to achieve my ideal physique naturally. Sounds awfully hypocritical when I'm about to have 'cosmetic surgery' ha!

GA is nothing to worry about mate. 1 in 250,000 result in a death and those deaths are usually caused by underlying health issues that would surface in the future anyway! You're young and healthy with a good diet right? And if you don't smoke then you're at such a low risk of any complications it's not even worth thinking about. The way I see it is, if you decide to avoid GA then by that logic you should avoid getting in a car again.

I have to say I found the anaesthetic quite strangely fun - it's a really surreal moment and it's quite an experience - not many people get to have one :D Canula that goes in does not hurt at all and then you just feel heavy as darn and feel yourself drifting off ... I remember just saying 'wooahhhhh...' while the anaesthetist's assistant had a little chuckle.

Some people on here say it feels like you just blink and are awake again. It didn't really feel like that for me, I felt like I had concept of time similar to just sleeping heavily for a good hour.

My worries about GA have slightly decreased over the last couple of days. I just wish I could have it done tomorrow and not have to worry about it anymore. My diet is the average weightlifting diet, high amounts of protein, good fats and complex carbohydrates. I rarely eat rubbish and I'm not a big drinker either (have not drunk for a good 3 months). For this reason, I'm expecting to be out like a light!

Two quick questions, are you taken into a separate room to be administered the GA and how long is the canula left inserted after the surgery?

I just posted in another UK thread about this same subject.  As others have said, anestheisa is nothing to worry about!  It felt like a nap and before I knew it (literally) surgery was over.  It really is a surreal experience, in a good way!  Best of luck!

I hope so!

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Two quick questions, are you taken into a separate room to be administered the GA and how long is the canula left inserted after the surgery?

The first room you're taken to is where you go under GA. It's just a standard nurse type room where you might expect to get your blood taken. You wake up with the canula still in, and it was probably in for about 2 - 3 hours after surgery. You can't see the canula as it's all taped up, and I knocked it so many times without feeling a thing - even when they took it out I didn't feel it.

Canula was a real help though, stopped me feeling thirsty when I woke up - the anaesthetist was also really good and there's barely a mark left over from where it went in.

Offline enom

• Bronze Member

The first room you're taken to is where you go under GA. It's just a standard nurse type room where you might expect to get your blood taken. You wake up with the canula still in, and it was probably in for about 2 - 3 hours after surgery. You can't see the canula as it's all taped up, and I knocked it so many times without feeling a thing - even when they took it out I didn't feel it.

Canula was a real help though, stopped me feeling thirsty when I woke up - the anaesthetist was also really good and there's barely a mark left over from where it went in.

Awesome, thank you. Hopefully I get the same good anaesthetist and properly will considering my surgery is also a Saturday!

Might sound really daft but I'm more worried about getting my bloods taken on Wednesday. I normally suffer really bad after effects and have remain laid down for a good 30-40 mins before getting up very slowly.

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
I find bloods a little worrying too! It's all psychological though, they take like 2 or 3 tubes which equates to bugger all! :D

When I went in for mine there was an 8 year old girl who was getting her's taken. She practically danced in and out of the phlebotomist's room without complaining once - it made me feel particularly emasculated.

Offline thetodd

I had a few hormone tests a couple of weeks ago, testosterone, estrogen etc and they came back normall. Only liver enzymes came back slightly elevated but GP reassured me this nothing to worry about and will retest it just to be sure along with the other bloods. Not a steroid user or do I ever intend to be. Want to achieve my ideal physique naturally. Sounds awfully hypocritical when I'm about to have 'cosmetic surgery' ha!

In the case, you definitely wont get any re-occurrence ;). The only thing you can do to help yourself after surgery is to eat healthily (like you are currently). Just before you go in get yourself bottles of pineapple juice and lots of fruit. And then relax, dont rush back to the gym just enjoy a few weeks chilling.

Offline improving

• Silver Member

Sounds awfully hypocritical when I'm about to have 'cosmetic surgery' ha!

What are you having done mate? I know you had your gyne done a while back!

Offline enom

• Bronze Member

Sounds awfully hypocritical when I'm about to have 'cosmetic surgery' ha!

What are you having done mate? I know you had your gyne done a while back!

Ha! Sorry, I was referring to my Gyno surgery and I'm yet to have it done! Having it done with Karidis on the 1st of September.

Offline enom

• Bronze Member

In the case, you definitely wont get any re-occurrence ;). The only thing you can do to help yourself after surgery is to eat healthily (like you are currently). Just before you go in get yourself bottles of pineapple juice and lots of fruit. And then relax, dont rush back to the gym just enjoy a few weeks chilling.

Hopefully!

I'm planning on just relaxing in the house catching up on some TV for the first 2 weeks with the odd walk now and then.

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
enom you have nothing to worry about mate.  I also have an elevated liver reading in my bloods.  However this is down to me having gallstones.  Although they have never troubled me they were discovered during a routing blood test and a scan later proved my live count was higher due to this.  I spoke to Karidis about this and he said this is nothing to worry about.

Also on the day my blood pressure was high I think in the 160's but i didnt know this at the time.  Surgery still went ahead but I now know that I have been suffering from high blood pressure for a few years and I am now on medication. 

I'm also overweight and none of this caused any issues with GA.  From the sounds of it you have what they call 'Nerves' as you are  human being.  All I can say is dont worry about it and just occupy your mind and time.  What you are going through is normal. 

For me GA was like waking up naturally from a deep sleep.  Going under I felt there was a metal taste in my mouth and all I then remember was waking up.  Felt like seconds. 

Keep reminding yourself its the best thing you will do in your life.  I recently went on holiday with my boys and what a fantastic feeling wearing t-shirts and going swimming without being paranoid. 

Offline enom

• Bronze Member
enom you have nothing to worry about mate.  I also have an elevated liver reading in my bloods.  However this is down to me having gallstones.  Although they have never troubled me they were discovered during a routing blood test and a scan later proved my live count was higher due to this.  I spoke to Karidis about this and he said this is nothing to worry about.

Also on the day my blood pressure was high I think in the 160's but i didnt know this at the time.  Surgery still went ahead but I now know that I have been suffering from high blood pressure for a few years and I am now on medication. 

I'm also overweight and none of this caused any issues with GA.  From the sounds of it you have what they call 'Nerves' as you are  human being.  All I can say is dont worry about it and just occupy your mind and time.  What you are going through is normal. 

For me GA was like waking up naturally from a deep sleep.  Going under I felt there was a metal taste in my mouth and all I then remember was waking up.  Felt like seconds. 

Keep reminding yourself its the best thing you will do in your life.  I recently went on holiday with my boys and what a fantastic feeling wearing t-shirts and going swimming without being paranoid. 

Thanks for the kind words dexs.

I honestly cannot wait to be paranoid about my chest anymore. I'll finally be able to live life to full and be happy.

Offline enom

• Bronze Member
Blood work done, results Friday. Just hope it comes back all good!

Stage 1 out of 3 = Complete.

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Nice man, go well for you? For me the bloods were definitely the most uncomfortable part and felt it more than the canula for GA.

Worst part over imo ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024