Author Topic: Worried & Excited! *Updated Photo's*  (Read 5544 times)

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Thanks for the resurance Blue2! by saying 'flatten' my chest, what's the appearance likely to be with 'muscle' after surgery? - will it look normal?
Surgery performed by Alex Karidis - 11/09/08

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
I too can see why you would want it correcting. When you are more muscular the contours can be deceiving. I had some photos where I looked fine and others where the gyne looked terrible. I defiantly remembered the more terrible photos and it always stuck in my mine that the gyne looked at its worst all of the time.

deciding to have it addressed can only be a good thing
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Thanks for the resurance Blue2! by saying 'flatten' my chest, what's the appearance likely to be with 'muscle' after surgery? - will it look normal?

What I really mean is getting rid of the breast like shape. Obviously when lipo is performed, they remove pretty much all of the fat in the chest area and also take away the gland which initially leaves the chest looking very flat. But once your scar tissue starts to build up the contours start to return. You look to have a more muscular chest than I did pre op and so I would imagine that your chest will look more natural immediately post op than mine did. You also notice that the compression garment tends to suck your chest in too for the first few weeks which also gives a flattened look!  ::)

Anyway, don't worry about it as this flat look is only temporary. Mine is still healing and taking shape and will continue to do so for another 3 -4 months or so by which point I should be about there.

I always shyed away from doing too much chest work in the gym as it just made the gyne look worse! Consequently my chest is lacking behind the rest of my body in terms of development but this is something I am trying to put right at the moment by doing plenty of bench work, especially decline press for building the bottom portion of the chest.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

irish lad

no prob.. il be posting my post op pics in my diary thing sometime in the next 2 weeks so be sure to have a look as it might give you some idea of what to expect!! iv also puffy nipples but benito reckons thats down to the gland.. im also getting an armpit excission because i dont want to be too badly scarred because im back in college in september and im currently studying to be a fitness instructor! i think kardis just does aerola excission {open to correction}

blue.... thats my main goal to get rid of the breast like shape and im hoping the muscle i have already built will help to some effect! to a good result..

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
i wish i'd known that training my chest made the gyne look worse when i was 16! before christmas i was benching 130kg for 8 reps! but have stopped training my chest since january - for the reason that i finally understood that it made them appear worse!

I know you wont be able to answer this question accurately, as no-one can determine the future, but will my chest appear normal after surgery? - i.e. after recovery.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
i wish i'd known that training my chest made the gyne look worse when i was 16! before christmas i was benching 130kg for 8 reps! but have stopped training my chest since january - for the reason that i finally understood that it made them appear worse!

I know you wont be able to answer this question accurately, as no-one can determine the future, but will my chest appear normal after surgery? - i.e. after recovery.

I would yes, your chest should make a full recovery and look normal in time. But this is the key, time, and something that people just don't realise. Immediately after my op my chest looked perfect, only to deteriorate over the weeks to follow. But then slowly but surely things start to go the other way and improve, albeit very slowly. Karidis told me that 6 months was a good average for seeing your final results but to me that is a small price to pay for what I have been through over the course of my adult life!  ;) I certainly have no problem going shirtless this summer which will be just 4 months post op, whereas I would never openly walk along on holiday with my shirt off for example. I will try and get some updated pics on my diary thread so that you can see how my progress has come along, but I think you will agree I look much, much better than I did pre op!  ;D

No plastic surgeon will give you guarantees as to how you will look after surgery as every case is different and different people heal in different ways, but you will see a series of examples of past cases when you go to see Karidis (which are on his website anyway) and these give you a rough idea of what to expect. All I can say is try not to worry too much. One way or another you will see a definate improvement but just don't expect it to happen overnight.  ;)

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
no prob.. il be posting my post op pics in my diary thing sometime in the next 2 weeks so be sure to have a look as it might give you some idea of what to expect!! iv also puffy nipples but benito reckons thats down to the gland.. im also getting an armpit excission because i dont want to be too badly scarred because im back in college in september and im currently studying to be a fitness instructor! i think kardis just does aerola excission {open to correction}

blue.... thats my main goal to get rid of the breast like shape and im hoping the muscle i have already built will help to some effect! to a good result..

Irish Lad, although Karidis does use a nipple incision it is absolutely tiny and I can barely see it now 3 months on. But I appreciate your point and it's valid one in your possition. But if others are worried about this aspect of Karidis' technique I really wouldn't be concerned about it.  ;) The 'scar' is a max of 6-8mm and as I say, is virtually invisible now. Nobody would see it unless you pointed it out to them and let them get really close to have a gander!!!!  :D

irish lad

cheers blue... i think maybe if i had a bit more time to recover id consider the aerola excission more but baiscally my op is june 6th and im back college september so its leaving me just under 3months recovery hopefully it will be enough infact im praying it is :D because i dont think i could go through the trauma of taking my top off for swimming class in front of my freinds with a chest with surgery written all over it!! but its a huge gamble im taking the main thing that stands in my favour is my gyne isnt too bad and needs just gland removal and benito told me armpit excission would be less obvious!   blue is their much change in your chest's visual apperance since you updated your thread with pictures last time??? im glad to hear your having a shirtless summer everyone deserves it!

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
cheers blue... i think maybe if i had a bit more time to recover id consider the aerola excission more but baiscally my op is june 6th and im back college september so its leaving me just under 3months recovery hopefully it will be enough infact im praying it is :D because i dont think i could go through the trauma of taking my top off for swimming class in front of my freinds with a chest with surgery written all over it!! but its a huge gamble im taking the main thing that stands in my favour is my gyne isnt too bad and needs just gland removal and benito told me armpit excission would be less obvious!   blue is their much change in your chest's visual apperance since you updated your thread with pictures last time??? im glad to hear your having a shirtless summer everyone deserves it!

Not a lot. Although I would say that the nips are trying to shrink a bit and this is causing a bit of creasing but I also think this is due to some residual swelling which still needs to subside. But Karidis said this is normal and would sort itself out eventually. It is only noticable if I tense my pec muscles and under normal circumstances it looks great.

P.S. Sorry Fed Up for hijacking your thread!  :-X

Offline omgninja

• Posting Member
Yeah there is definitely gynecomatia there, you can also see quite defined muscle structure on the outside of each pec. will look good after surgery!! good luck!

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
P.S. Sorry Fed Up for hijacking your thread!  :-X
[/quote]

ha ha - no worries!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024