Author Topic: Percentage of men with gynecomastia wearing bras  (Read 31659 times)

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
I know this may bother some but I do not think surgery should be taken lightly, and used only as "medically" needed.  There are risks involved, although small,which can bring on far greater problems than having some breast development to live with.

I am at a point now where using a bra on regular basis for my 48B chest is not that much of a burden, certainly not enough to consider surgery.  The key I have learned, find a properlly fitted bra and some choices for different occasions and live with it. 

With regard to the numbers of males with breast growth that will accept using a bra, I believe the numbers are much higher today than just a few years ago, and expect with new health care laws, limiting choice of doctors and procedures, that in another 5 years, it will be much higher.

hammer

I also believe that the numbers seem to be on the increase as well! I'm seeing more and more "bad drug" commercials on TV for class action law suits going after drug company's for causing gynecomastia!

I have it for multiple reasons, had it as a kid, later lost my testicles, bad health problems as an adult, and at 56 don't really care why or how, but now have grown to "H" cup and am ordering new bras, the old are to small, life goes on.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I have seen those commercials too.  Wonder how many people will talk to them about it.  And what they will do about it for a settlement, if any?

Offline leosud

• Bronze Member
I'm a man,
I've gynecomastia,
I wear bras !
I'ts so comfortable that it's impossible me to live without bra !

hammer

I'm a man,
I've gynecomastia,
I wear bras !
I'ts so comfortable that it's impossible me to live without bra !

Very well said!

So be it!

Offline accurise

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I'm a 32 year old man who has gynecomastia. I discovered that I have the condition when I got dressed one day back in the early fall 2015 and seen my nipples poking through my shirt and I also noticed that my chest wasn't flat anymore. Once I seen my nipples poking through my shirt I tried several different things to keep my nipples from showing and the only thing that worked was padded bras so ever since I've been wearing padded bras. My bra size is 38B. [/font]

hammer

This is an old thread, so what the heck, let's bring it back to life! 

Welcome to the forum! We here say that a bra is made for supporting breast and it doesn't matter if the breast are on a man or a woman! I myself wear a 46H size bra and I see no need to have surgery nor does my wife!

Bob

aboywithgirls

Agreed. I'm wearing a 36G now. I bras are made for breasts. I'm perfectly comfortable wearing one. My wife and I agree that there is no need for risky, painful, expensive surgery. Women are able to deal with having breasts even larger than alot of us here. It's just another piece of clothing to put on. No big deal. 

Offline TigerPaws

I'm a 32 year old man who has gynecomastia. I discovered that I have the condition when I got dressed one day back in the early fall 2015 and seen my nipples poking through my shirt and I also noticed that my chest wasn't flat anymore. Once I seen my nipples poking through my shirt I tried several different things to keep my nipples from showing and the only thing that worked was padded bras so ever since I've been wearing padded bras. My bra size is 38B.
Welcome to the forum, yes having your nipples poke out can be uncomfortable and painful is you do not so something to protect yourself. I am a bit larger than you 38D (pushing a DD now) but the issues are the same. Padded and even some push-up bra's do a good job, remember you need to experiment on what fits you, like shoes, you have to try them on.

Yesterday a Lady I recently met in Moscow arrived here are at the Villa, she brought me an interesting molded underwire (Titanium) bra which is designed for moderate lift. I was a bit concerned because of the design it would make me look larger. To my surprise the new design fit very well, it was comfortable and reduced the overall projection of my breasts.

The point is you need to try different bra's on to see what works for you.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 09:13:18 AM by TigerPaws »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
A five year old thread that was revived in 2014 is revived again.  I personally wish that a new thread had been started.  I think it is great the old threads are there to refer to but If I knew how to prevent them from being resurrected I would do it. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline TigerPaws

A five year old thread that was revived in 2014 is revived again.  I personally wish that a new thread had been started.  I think it is great the old threads are there to refer to but If I knew how to prevent them from being resurrected I would do it.
Is it possible to lock them?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am sure there is a way, but it would have to be done individually for each thread and probably not worth the time. 

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I have come to grips with my gynecomastia even thought I have small breast (36B) and will not have surgery to remove them, they are not women's breast but man boobs and don't truly fit correctly in most women's bras.  I like lace bras because they are more accommodating than cupped bras,  Well constructed padded bras can help give you/me a more feminine shape.  However since we have less below the nipple than a woman I do not know what bra to really buy or how to correct the problem.  Anybody have any ideas?
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

aboywithgirls

You bring up a great point. A bra fitting by a professional, I feel is extremely important. Getting into the right size bra is only half of the equation. You also need the right shape. The right  shape is further broken down into 2 parts. There is the right shape for your breasts and the right shape you want to look right under your top. 
I always wear a bra that provides me with a broader, more rounded shape in an effort to reduce their projection. Most Fantasie bras give me that look.

hammer

Although I wear a different type bra, aboywithgirls is correct!  A formal fitting can make a world of difference when it comes to finding a great fitting bra and one that you can wear from the time you get up to the time you go to bed and make you look good as well!

I'm a 46H and I go out in public with just a tee one size to large and a leather vest or open button down shirt and have no problem, so if I can do that any A, B or C cup could too!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024