Author Topic: Percentage of men with gynecomastia wearing bras  (Read 30643 times)

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
Is there any data on the percentage of men with gynecomastia who wear bras?  The overall number would be a good start but more interesting would be the percentage for each of the two predominant groups (1) men seeking to resolve their gyno through surgery or other solutions and (2) men who have decided to live with their gyno.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Good question, I found I am just more comfortable wearing one.  I don't everyday, but most of the time. 

I guess you could try to survey everyone on here who has it and then see what they think.  But hard to get good participation too...

Offline gotgyne

There is a possibility for polls, so no problem to ask. But I think that the vast majority of men rather opt for surgery than for a bra.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think it would be fair to say that the man intent upon surgery to get rid of his gynecomastia probably wouldn't be caught dead in a bra.

Conversely, The man who is trying to find a way to cope with the situation would be more likely to try a bra. Especially so if the breasts are large and comfort becomes an issue. This might be the case even if the breasts are not really overly large but large enough to jiggle during some activities.
Grandpa Dan

Offline gotgyne

Conversely, The man who is trying to find a way to cope with the situation would be more likely to try a bra. Especially so if the breasts are large and comfort becomes an issue. This might be the case even if the breasts are not really overly large but large enough to jiggle during some activities.

Exactly! My breasts are between cup A and B and I began to wear a bra since they started to jiggle while jumping downstairs.

Offline John16102

• Posting Member
I have not been wearing my bras very long but I wish I would have started a long time ago. Wearing a bra is not a big deal when it is the right bra. As a matter of fact, I found a nursing bra (see pic) that works the best in comfort and concealment. I love this bra. I wear it daily. When wearing my bra, I can now wear properly fitting mock turtlenecks (see pic)...that kind of hug the body and only my wife knows that I have a bra on.

Without my bra on, I cannot wear stylish properly fitting clothes without my 46 B cup breasts showing. When and if I get the surgery, I will put down the bra. Until then, I love my bras. Its just like putting underwear on every morning. Not a big deal.

I hope some of you struggling with the bra idea reads my post because I am living proof that it improves your lifestyle significantly.

Here are the pics:

Offline Del

• Bronze Member
Yes I wear a bra, I have to. I am aged 68 and my bra size is 38C. without one I feel very uncomfortable,undressed, not to mention embarassed.
It is just an ordinary bra but I was fitted for it after plucking up courage 6 years ago..
   Del
Del

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
I have not been wearing my bras very long but I wish I would have started a long time ago. Wearing a bra is not a big deal when it is the right bra. As a matter of fact, I found a nursing bra (see pic) that works the best in comfort and concealment. I love this bra. I wear it daily. When wearing my bra, I can now wear properly fitting mock turtlenecks (see pic)...that kind of hug the body and only my wife knows that I have a bra on.

Without my bra on, I cannot wear stylish properly fitting clothes without my 46 B cup breasts showing. When and if I get the surgery, I will put down the bra. Until then, I love my bras. Its just like putting underwear on every morning. Not a big deal.

I hope some of you struggling with the bra idea reads my post because I am living proof that it improves your lifestyle significantly.

So often guys mention the physical support that a bra provides as the reasoning behind wearing a bra.  However this posting suggests that there may be an emotional element involved too.  Perhaps wearing a bra also improves one's appearance and builds their self-confidence both leading to greater self-esteem.  Does anyone else "feel better about themselves" since they began to wear a bra.

Here are the pics:

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member

Here are the pics:

as long as you're comfortable man, wear a bra if you have to.  ;)

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
So often guys mention the physical support that a bra provides as the reasoning behind wearing a bra.  However the previous posting with pics suggests that there may be an emotional element involved too.  Perhaps wearing a bra also improves one's appearance and builds their self-confidence both leading to greater self-esteem.  Does anyone else "feel better about themselves" since they began to wear a bra.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
For me, physical comfort is a big one.  I would say emotional is some part of it, but physical is the biggest part. 

For sure it doesn't make "them" go away, but it does seem to make some of the negative physical attributes duller and not so annoying.  Less movement, they aren't laying on my skin (I really don't like that), and I don't have to hold them towards me to keep the pain down.  For me it feels like they are just pulling down too much and it can be somewhat painful at times, with them supported, the pain is gone in minutes.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
When I was much younger I wore a bra for hiking and mountaineering. It minimized the jiggle and was comfortable.

The bra was a help when backpacking, but I still needed to be watchful of how the straps on my pack were adjusted.

Older now, I am not active in the same way so I do not have need of a bra at this time. I will confide that there are times when the weather heats up that I might go back. The reason would be the sweat rash in the crease under the breast. Supporting the breast prevents that  by not leaving that crease and the bra wicks away the sweat.

Offline beachlovermx

• Posting Member
I wear a bra in a daly basis now for almost 2 years and I am very comfortable with it even in public. Surgery? No way.

Offline Bobcat54

• Posting Member
I have to agree. Surgery...NO WAY!
I have enough scars from my accident. Wearing a bra for comfort and support....a BIG YES!

aboywithgirls

I can tell you that I will live with my gynecomastia therefore I will continue to wear my bras (38 DD). They are as much a part of me as any women that have breasts. Why would I have surgery. ..to be normal? Got some news. ..no one is normal!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024