Author Topic: Dr Fielding  (Read 66475 times)

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
update coming up next friday after the vest comes off.

Offline hatey

• Posting Member
Hey everyone,

Well, today was my big day. Took the TTC to St. Joe's this morning, arrived 30 minutes earlier than the 'arrival time'. Went to registration, horrified to find the receptionist was SUPER cute, but registration went smoothly (sidenote: personal opinion is that all medical receptionists should be old ladies :D). Then went over the minor surgery waiting room, nurse took my papers, sat down, listened to music and flipped through a magazine. After a while, was called to surgery room, Dr. Fielding came in soon after, had a little chat about what he'd be doing and took some pictures.

Surgery was a breeze. Dr. Fielding was incredibly friendly as usual and made conversation. The nurse was also very friendly. They also had the radio going in the background so it just felt like a dentist's appointment. Some shots to numb the area (no pain at all) then some more local anesthetic. I purposely did not look down but I could feel him pulling and snipping away at whatever gland was in there. The lipo was the weird part... as lamp said, it's more 'aggressive' than the rest of the procedure. But it's just a weird sensation, no pain involved. Stitched up, some tape, foam pads and the vest. Dr. F told me to contact him with any concerns in the next few days also that he'd like to see me again in 3-4 weeks. The foam pads stay on for 7 days, no showers, didn't mention still having to wear the vest afterwards though. Prescribed me tylenol 2 but said I may not even need them and then sent me on my way.

Took the TTC back home, feeling absolutely no pain and having complete mobility (trouble was hiding the huge foam pads under my slim fit hoodie  :(). Now I'm at home relaxing, not feeling any pain but maybe the local anesthetic is still in effect. We'll see tomorrow.

I'm pretty excited about finally having gotten rid of my gyno. Hopefully the results are close to what I wanted.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
wow congrats hatey! you will probably need 1 pill soon, for me i started getting pain about 8-9 hours later(but not unbearable). rest as much as you can, hopefully you dont have to go back to school or work. i went back to school 2 days later and it was tough. too bad i never saw any cute receptionists when i checked in >:(. i took my foam pads off nearing the evening of the 6th day post-op. i will tell you in advance it is tough to get off, and you feel like youre pulling on the area where it is healing but i later found out that the gauze underneath protects the nipple when you want to take it off. BUT, that depends on your healing. i healed really fast and i was instructed to keep the vest on for 3 weeks AT LEAST. with that being said, after 7 days you can take off the pads when youre ready around the 7 day mark. expect fluid leaking as well, as seen in my picture. and same here about the hoody too, lmao! i felt like a football player standing out. aim for at least a half gallon to 2 gallons of water a day, take vitamins, SIT WITH GOOD POSTURE, lay on your back if youre resting, avoid having to flex your chest as much as possible, try not to get bumped into, etc. you may have to pee a lot if youre not used to drinking a lot of water, but thats basically what ive done and i had a phenomenal recovery so far. last but not least, STAY POSITIVE! your brain chemistry can definitely effect your hormonal functions in your body and create stress. do you have any pre-op pics to share btw?

Offline hatey

• Posting Member
Thanks for the tips lamp. Yeah I took a nap yesterday and when I woke up I did feel some soreness. I ended up not picking up that prescription though.. I just took an advil and I felt fine. Today, I feel no pain/limited mobility whatsoever. This vest is getting kind of annoying already though haha. I think it's better that you didn't have a cute receptionist... it was mildly embarrassing  :(. I think I'll be taking mon-thurs off from school, just to avoid having to go to classes wearing this vest. I also think I'll be taking off the pads on thursday (6 days after surgery). I did take some pre-op pics a while back but I can't seem to find them at the moment. I'll def try to find them and post them along with post-op pics if I decide to do so. Again, thanks for all the info. You were a big help in this whole process... always great to have someone who's done something before you feeding you updates as you go through it yourself.

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
43 hours and counting... hehe.

Also, good stuff hatey. Looks like a lot of members here are getting the surgery in the same month by the same doctor.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
good luck mtlgyno i wish you the best!

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Thanks Lamp

21 hours 'till surgery.

Offline hatey

• Posting Member
Hope your surgery goes well mtl! And yeah I guess there's at least 4 of us here that have/are getting surgery with Dr. Fielding this month.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Ya, good luck guys.  I'm relatively earlier in the day.  Hope all goes wel.
I have some kinds to work out as far as medical insurance coverate, but I will be glad to get this crap over with.  Funny having gyno for about 13 years, and I still don't have pre-op pics haha.  I will have to take them early in the morning before I leave and post them afterwards.

see ya

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
Take a look at the pic guys, I know it's a bit early than the Friday photo release but I have a little concern. In the picture my pecs are flexed. I do have a bit of scar tissue under both nipples, is that what's causing this dent? I am by no means trying to scare anyone and I'm sorry if I do but I'm getting a little self conscious about it. I also know it's way too early to determine anything but I am keeping myself aware it may or may not be the scar tissue causing this. Keeping in mind as well I'm only two and a half weeks post OP so I'm waiting for 3-6 months post OP. Does anyone have any input though? I need my chest to look as natural as possible when I flex because I plan to compete in bodybuilding.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
For 2.5 weeks, that looks really good... for puffy nipple cases, it seems normal that people have creases on their nipple after the surgery (I think I've read every single post made by every single person on all parts of the forum about it.) but they wear out over time as fluid settles in the area where the gland used to be and your areola will contract as well which helps get rid of the crease.... I think ur fine dude... and you're right... it really is WAY too early for you to be critical... I think you have a great result personally... try not flexing that area too much right now though.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
I was more concerned about the area of the nipple where there's shadow. It's like a dent when I flex, the nipple looks fine to me flex or relaxed. Try to click on the picture to enlarge it.

I was planning to train next week or the week after that so maybe I should talk to Fielding and see him again? He said I should follow-up with him in 3 months. I'll just give him a call and see what he says.

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
I've seen that 'dent' on a lot of people... even those without gyno (which is why I overlooked it)... so feel the area to make sure that it isn't simply the shape of your muscle when flexed... I think it's just a bit of loose skin that's giving it that appearance, but like I said.. it'll gradually improve as the skin contracts and the fluid accumulates etc. etc.... if you're still concerned, I'm sure Fielding wouldn't have a problem talking to you... nonetheless I'm very happy about your result and am looking forward to something in that ball park for myself as well.

DrBermant

Take a look at the pic guys, I know it's a bit early than the Friday photo release but I have a little concern. In the picture my pecs are flexed. I do have a bit of scar tissue under both nipples, is that what's causing this dent? I am by no means trying to scare anyone and I'm sorry if I do but I'm getting a little self conscious about it. I also know it's way too early to determine anything but I am keeping myself aware it may or may not be the scar tissue causing this. Keeping in mind as well I'm only two and a half weeks post OP so I'm waiting for 3-6 months post OP. Does anyone have any input though? I need my chest to look as natural as possible when I flex because I plan to compete in bodybuilding.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2 1/2 weeks is too early to tell what final results will look like. Tissues will evolve after any surgery. Different techniques evolve in different ways.

Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures can better demonstrate subtle issues after surgery. Flexing and moving the arms tend to show off issues of the sculpture, how good, or possible defects. That is why I include them as part of my documentation, evaluation of my patients, and progression of my after surgery sculpture on my website.

Surface tissue held down to deeper tissues can look terrible on animation. Gynecomastia Movies are even more critical in showing the details of the problem. Here is one such example of Movies Showing Tissue Evolution After Revision Gynecomastia Surgery. That defect was too much tissue left behind, but the progression of healing demonstrates the issue (although on a more complex case). Here is a more complex crater after failed operations by two other surgeons: Crater Deformity Revision After Failed Gynecomastia Surgery showing tissue adhesion issues. The still picture arrays before and after surgery show the issue from different angles, but the video is even more revealing. There are many other such examples on my site.

Crater Deformity Complications come in many different degrees. If the distortion is one of just early healing, after surgery care, Compression Garments After Male Chest Surgery, and Scar Care may help. Each doctor has his / her own protocol for after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Keeping in mind as well I'm only two and a half weeks post OP so I'm waiting for 3-6 months post OP.

Keep in mind that it 'may' take up to a full year to see final results...

GB... 
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024