Author Topic: Breast tissue regrew but hormones are normal.  (Read 1231 times)

Offline gyno1234

• Posting Member
I had surgery in New York for unilateral gynecomastia (just on the left-hand side). I had had it since puberty. I was pretty happy with the result after the surgery, but then, over the next two years, the breast got bigger and kind of took on the slightly pointy female breast shape again. The tissue underneath was very hard, and there was quite a lot of it. I could grab a lump with my hand.

I went back to the surgeon in New York and he explained that it could be scar tissue or breast tissue regrowth and that I'd need a revision. I had the revision and it turned out it was breast tissue regrowth (the pathology showed it was not malignant/cancerous etc.) He did mention that the breast tissue regrowth was very very hard/firm, which is why I thought it was scar tissue.

The surgeon advised that I go and see an endocrinologist to deal with the underlying cause for the regrowth. I saw two endocrinologists and had multiple blood tests and it was determined that all of my hormones were totally normal and that there was no hormonal reason for the breast growth. I have a good diet, don't drink much alcohol, don't use recreational drugs, steroids, supplements or any medication.

About 5 months after the revision surgery I can feel that it is coming back again. There is a lump of hard tissue over the breast and it is starting to look 'pointy' again.

A few surgeons I have spoken to, including the one that did the surgery are baffled. It is a mystery as to why it grew back the first time and why it is growing back now.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to who I could see or what I could do?

Thank you

Offline MammaryMan

• Bronze Member
Can we assume that the surgeon opted NOT to remove ALL breast tissue (for cosmetic purposes)? If he (she) didn't, would removing all tissue solve the problem? Or possibly the surgeon tried to remove it all, but missed some.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024