Author Topic: GYNECOMASTIA SURGERY FINALLY DONE!!  (Read 5488 times)

Offline gynespain

• Posting Member
Hey guys, greetings from Spain.
INTRO:
I'm gonna tell you first about my story, you can skip it if you want. I'm 24, and I've been suffering this condition since I was a teen, I didn't even noticed till one day I looked at the mirror and I said to myself, "Why my chest looks so wierd?"
Luckyly it wasn't a problem between 16-19 years old, actually I gain weight during my secondary school years, so I never cared about it, because I was an adorable fatty kid at some point since I left sports around 16 year old. By that time I guess I was in my biggest development, becoming a man.
One year later, when I lost most of the overweight, I realized I lost fat from everywhere but my chest, even the more I lost the most noticeable it became.
But you know, I didn't live close to the beach or something, not a touristic place at all, so no parties in swiming pools, so... still no problem but that doubt. I live with my parents aswell, and back then, whenever I got lucky with a girl I dind't have to finnish obligatory in a bedroom, we could meet again know each other better, then I could choose to keep on moving or forgeting, depending if I could guess if she would understand.
Then around 18-19 year old I started the research, I couldnt believe that was a medical condition apart from fat, I thought till then it was my fault, because of not exercicing and dieting hard enough; it was a relief to know it didn't depend on me at least, but still, the only solution was a surgery, I never had a surgery before, and it was very embarrasing for me to tell my parents, I didn't think they would understand, actually it took me months to make them see this is not really psychologically like a boob job for girls, then I got serious about it, they told me that I could go to a therapist in order to solve it, but my great argument was that a mind proffesional wouldnt solve the medical problem, and the right investment would be a surgery, and actually  I was the las one willing to go under the knife, but I couldnt live my life with this.

MY FEELINGS:
Well, for me Gynecomastia, is just the fu**ing nightmate, I did some amateur heavyweight, I got a strong body, some fat remaining, but not training properly to cut fat, because of course, it would be useless and the chest even would look worse in comparison with the rest of the body.
Looking bad in front of the mirror is just disgusting for your brain, you try to focus on other stuff, on your friendships, your social life, but however, I'm sure people had a wierd feeling about me sometimes because I send out bad feelings, of course not voluntary.
Also sometimes little jokes of some friends, who doesn't know about this condition, it's not really their fault, but they use to be people with a kid inside, they try to gra your breasts in a funny way, or if they touch your chest by chance, they make a comment "we got some boob here?" "some girls in this party has less breasts than you", actually with bodybuilding it looks hided with some clothes.
Next question, clothing, OMG, this can be the worst matter with gynecomastia, it's difficult to decide, I have to wear strong polos or shirts ALWAYS, some T-shirts sometimes are ok, I keep them like gold, what else I can say about it, trying to avoid some wind in the wrong direction... It affects you in ur daily life, and the image you project, and get you constantly insatisfied going shopping, and not being allowed to drees like you like or feel more confortable. Even I rejected jobs as a barman because of the uniforms.
Next issue here, relationships and "sexual reproduction". I never had a serious girlfriend, that could well be a summary. I've been international student and I meet lots of people, of course lots  of girls, and you know, in the beggining I was super exited with the idea to live abroad, another culture and for some time I even felt like the new girls wouldnt mind/notice, but with the time passing, the routine came, so I was concerned again, you know what I'm talking about, having it on your mind 24/7, or at least on the background. I have a kid face and some girls really love that (some of them doent like it at all aswell), I don't have to mention that I made out several excuses to not get intimate, the bad thing is that we were a lot of students living together there, in the same building, or close ones, at least in the same neighbourhood, we made our lifes all together like a family, but imagine, rejecting some girls like that, some of them hate you because of the way you put distance or why saying no at the last moment apparently with no reason, so other friends of them also hate you and even crazy rumors show up, you start to feel like shit, because you really hurted some nice people, who would be your friends if gyne wouldn't exist...
The whole situation makes you feel in a constant prison, it's really deppresing, I took some drugs to forget, and it worked for some time, and actually I have to say I had really great moments, with or without drugs during these last years, but the problem remains, and then you are in an emotional rollercoaster, I made an extreme diet to loose weight once, I felt really weak and depressed sometimes, mentally and physically.
I missed courses in college, because I don't feel confortable anymore talking in public, when before I was really good at it for example, I rejected lots of parties (foam party, pool party, beach trips...), I missed girls, and finally I missed lots of good moments I could have in addition to the ones I already had
I think whoever doesn't know about gynecomastia, can not imagine how hard can be with the years. Mostly for me, I think I'm missing a great potential, because I'm very lucky to have this as my only big problem in life.
If the surgery and recovery develops properly, Im 100% sure it will change my lifestyle, even my health (I won't need alcohol/drugs to socialize and flirt, I will keep my head straight and I wont walk with my back bended anymore), no more worries, I WILL BE MYSELF.
Actually, Gynecomastia has one positive thing, I'm really more mature than other people of my age, all that suffering makes you really strong after dealing with it for years. LOTS OF GOOD MOTIVATION WILL COME (for sports, for girls, being positive with people, maybe apliying for jobs I would reject with gyno, focusing on finnishing my studies...)

PLANNING:
Here in Spain we have a good health insurance, public and universal, every worker has to pay an obligatory amount from their salaries, then whoever wants and extra/private insurance, can be covered by 100-200 euros. With this method even if you are unemployed, you have a public insurance with really a lot of options, but the system has a mistake, it's really slow sometimes.
Every citizen has the right to public health care with many aspects covered, gynecomastia is also covered as long as it causes you social and psychological problems, but they only perform the gland extraction, and its done by general surgeons, not plastic surgeons, so in my case I have gland and fat, I was not very lucky.
They are pretty bad giving explanations, so firstly I went to the endocrines to check out my hormone balance, everything was ok at the age of 22.
They told me it was mostly fat, I had to exercise and it should be ok, what they didn't told me is that the chances at that age with so many years suffering it are pretty low, almost like a miracle.
I wasn't pleased at all with the information, so I researched more, and I requested an appointment with the general surgeon (in between, 18 months passed by trying to assume the new situation), who told me more or less the same "try to remove it with exercise, and if it doesnt dissapear, come next year" that was on September 2011.
Because of the heavylifting I weight like 80 kg and I'm 175 cm tall, so actually I'm not that fat as a person who would practice other sports or no sport, because the muscle is heavier than fat, I could loose some more fat to be honest, but I feel quite ok with my shape (but the breasts obviously) right now.
I asked clearly, if they would cover lipo anyway if I would loose some wight, and he told me for that I would have to pay on private.
I fought a little bit with my parents again, and they understood, the same day the doctor told me clearly about my chances I started officially to look for a plastic surgeon on private.
After the first visit to the private plastic surgeons, I was really disspointed, he told me he will perform "lipo only" and introducing the canula from a whole in the nipple, the excuse was that he didn't like the scars for his patients, and the canula will remove like 70-80% of the gland tissue.
For me that was so bad, the worst part of my gynecomastia are my pointy and soft nipples and even showing me results, it was like a lotery, you could see right away in some results that there was still some gland tissue and some bad form on the nipple area, even one year after surgery, in the  lucky cases the evolution was extremely slow, even in the 6th month you could appreciate some swelling.
I was mentally distroyed, I spent a whole week researching for oficial plastic surgeons in my city, and the first one didnt perform anything like I expected, I already watched some videos on youtube from doctors that are here posting with us, and they all made LIPO + EXTRATION in a situation like mine (gland + fat), the results were completely different just after the surgery, even knowing the swelling will come later, maybe scar tissue, but you can appreciate a significant difference in the inmediate result already.

FINALLY:
The second surgeon was just the contrary, in the first consultation, he measured my nipples, and he told me clearly my procedure (I have to say, for both of them, I already had Xray results)after the exploration, he grabed perfectly my gland part tissue he saw on the X ray, and he explained me why he invades from outside the nipple (the canula effect its stronger then when it comes more far away, he has more space to maneuver...). He told me he will do LIPO + EXTRACTION, and even, depending on the evolution, he will do replacement of the areola, putting it in a higher place and cutting all around the nipple, but only if he sees after the standard process I could need it.
He also will open first in the nipple to examinate in the place how the gland and fat tissue looks like, and he will decide what to do first for a better result.
He explained me more clearly than the first all the risks, also the scar complications, maybe a revision for surgery with no extra charge for him or his team, but of course for the hospital and materials, and the common risks of the surgery.
Also I could find an article about this doctor, he performed  one kind of plastic surgery, very special, transferring tissues from one part to another in the body, first time in the world and very risky surgery, being a succes, that was in national press.
And also in the clinic, it was full of young good looking girls, women, old and young man like me.

So I decided to go with the second surgeon, and I have to accept every surgery has risks, and maybe I could need a revision (he alreay told me its not really usual but its possible), and whatever happens, happens soon. I think I can't do much else to ensure the best result possible in my hands, choosing PS was a very hard and stressing process, but I think I covered all my needs with him.

Last monday he took pictures of me, and I will go to the hospital 20th October.

I don't have pictures by my own, I dont have a proper cam at home, just phones and all that stuff, if I can ask my PS about my before and after pictures, I'll try to post them. Otherwise, at least, I will describe my feelings, pains, noticeable results... and of course answer possible questions.

WISH ME LUCK, AND GOOD LUCK FOR WHOEVER IS ABOUT TO HAVE THE SURGERY OR RECOVERING FROM IT RIGHT NOW

SEE YOU
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:21:01 AM by gynespain »

Offline Sonny

• Posting Member
Good luck! Only a week until your operation?

Offline gynespain

• Posting Member
Thanks Sonny, just 7 days, yessssssssss

20th October it will be done, no more wondering, just experiencing how it goes.

Offline anogyne

• Posting Member
Hi,

That surgeon seems great. I too went private because of the experience with gynecomastia they have. My surgeon explained and also after researching myself I know that removing the whole gland will not make a good result due to high risk of nipple inverting.

I have only told one person and that's my best friend about this. I have more close friends but can still only really tell him about it. My parents know nothing but luckily I live on my own. It's hard keeping it a secret from work and other friends though. Especially now when I'm weak and can't do stuff for a while.

As you noticed in my post though, be prepared! We're all different and tackle the surgery differently. But mostly from what I can tell, it works out fine.

Brg

Offline gynespain

• Posting Member
Hi,

That surgeon seems great. I too went private because of the experience with gynecomastia they have. My surgeon explained and also after researching myself I know that removing the whole gland will not make a good result due to high risk of nipple inverting.

I have only told one person and that's my best friend about this. I have more close friends but can still only really tell him about it. My parents know nothing but luckily I live on my own. It's hard keeping it a secret from work and other friends though. Especially now when I'm weak and can't do stuff for a while.

As you noticed in my post though, be prepared! We're all different and tackle the surgery differently. But mostly from what I can tell, it works out fine.

Brg
Thanks for your support
My parents know mostly because I live with them, and because they pay for the surgery.
I think in terms of results, when you have breast tissue and fat, both gland only or lipo only will not develop on what you expected in 90% of the cases.
Doing a combined procedure, you ensure the possibilities for a good result.
My PS also told me that he will leave like 10% of the fat I got and some gland just under the areola, making a defined chest, but with a natural looking (too less fat or gland would end up in a wierd result, even noticeable some muscular tissue with the naked eye), he told me bodybuilding will help because usually the muscle makes already its own form.
He looks pretty confident about it, and well, a low rate of revisions/second surgeries... that means most of the patients are fully satisfied, I hope to be one of them too, but I'm prepared for everything, just in case.

take care.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:51:03 AM by gynespain »

Offline gynespain

• Posting Member
by the way, the cost of my surgery is about 4500 euros, plus medicines, plus vest, plus blood exams (I did that with the public insurance and quite fast)

Total cost 4600 euros more or less

Offline anogyne

• Posting Member
by the way, the cost of my surgery is about 4500 euros, plus medicines, plus vest, plus blood exams (I did that with the public insurance and quite fast)

Mine was 3400 with medicine and vest. Didn't get any antibiotics though.

Offline gynespain

• Posting Member

Mine was 3400 with medicine and vest. Didn't get any antibiotics though.
that's quite cheap, where are you from??

In Spain a combined surgery is between 4000-5000 euros, total cost

however, i hope yout investment is worth

Offline Sonny

• Posting Member
I paid £2450 (€2800). However I suspect the difference is partly to do with the global economy, as well as greater popularity and increased competition in the UK for cosmetic surgery which is driving down the cost.

Offline gynespain

• Posting Member
hi everyone!!!!

im back from the hospital, and i felt some little pains that were already treated with painkillers, im feeling pretty good now

finally they used general anesthesia, the surgeon told me that if i felt so nervous maybe it was better to use general and then forget about everything

the surgery was a SUCCESS, i couldnt believe how good it looked today when they changed the bandage, my PS told me it was perfect smooth and it was quite fast and clean, if i take care of the post op, i shouldnt have any problems with the results
my chest is flat mostly on the bottom part, the most fatty section, also with gland tissue, and the nipples are perfect, small and flat, and i still having some swelling

THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER!!!

I will try to post some pictures, i will ask to my PS about the pre op ones, and i can upload maybe by my own the results

anyway its too soon, but the beggining its just so awesome!!

GREETINGS

Offline neutralizemoobs420

• Posting Member
Congratulations.

Did you get drains stitched to your armpits?
Be the change you want to see in the world

Offline gynespain

• Posting Member
Congratulations.

Did you get drains stitched to your armpits?
yes but they already removed them before going home
the drains where empty, you could see only little evidences of blood inside the tube, but not in the pot connected to it
the doctor told that was a great singal, that meant it was really clean
my PS gave instructions about my painkillers and other medications, and next tuesday i have my first revision

just after surgery, when i was in the recovery room, i felt pain like burning in my nipples, my PS told me its pretty normal after lipo, but once that pain is gone, it should come again

pissing was my worst feeling, omg i could only do 200 ml, if i didnt do it by myself i would have need a catheter, but i made the effort and looked for the best position to try and once u make some, u are ready to drink some water next morning
when i arrived home, i pissed like a liter sitting down relaxed and quiet, it felt sooooo goooooooood

now i have pain all over my chest, i can barely move my arms, i have like when u do intensive sport, that kind of pain, but multiplied
i gues after one week i will feel pretty normal about that

the dizziness after the anesthesia is almost gone, but still some, i feel even better than before the surgery when i was freaking out

and thats pretty much it

Offline neutralizemoobs420

• Posting Member
What?!?! You're lucky... You got your drains removed after surgery!
I have blood in my tubes too but nothing in the pot connected to it. It didn't even fill up to 10cc when I woke up this morning.

ARGH!!!
It's a good sign that I'm not draining blood into the pot anymore but it SUCKS that I have to be with it for a couple more days.
UGH!!!

When I woke up after the surgery and I got up to go urinate and do my thing.
When I walked back to my bed in the hospital, I noticed getting real dizzy....
I went to sit on top of my bed
The nurse came up to me and she started talking to me but I couldn't understand her because I got really dizzy
I had trouble concentrating and breathing
I felt like I was going to die for some reason! Lol, I don't know why!
Then, the nurse layed me down on my bed and the dizziness went away.
It was so hard to think of even laying down. To even think that thought of laying down. Words can't even describe the dizziness.
I couldn't stop telling her "Thank You". I probably said it like 10 times to her.
I thought I was going to die.

But anyways,
Thanks for your reply.

Offline gynespain

• Posting Member
well, i dont feel so lucky after all, yesterday in the afternoon, i felt a sharp and intense pain, that couldnt be removed with the standard painkillers
i called my Ps and he told me that after he removed the drains, i could suffer some swelling and the body doesnt have an escape like u have when the drains are connected, then the tissue starts swelling and u feel the pain because of the compression bandage is making preassure against it
i was pretty worried about it, because i thought some nerve was there injured, so imagine if u feel that pain for long time or something, u cant do a normal life; i only felt the pain in the left side, thats why i was worried
anyway, in the evening it stopped, last time i checked it, my tissue on the left side was bigger than the right one and very hard, even the top part that shouldnt be affected directly, becaise everything was in the nipple area
this morning, i woke up really good, no pain at all, and the swelling dissapeared in the upper part of the left chest and its of the same texture than the right side
so everything is perfect again, but u know, once u have removed ur drains, u can suffer some pains and swellings
just be prepared for it and it wont be a big deal after all

Offline anogyne

• Posting Member
well, i dont feel so lucky after all, yesterday in the afternoon, i felt a sharp and intense pain, that couldnt be removed with the standard painkillers
i called my Ps and he told me that after he removed the drains, i could suffer some swelling and the body doesnt have an escape like u have when the drains are connected, then the tissue starts swelling and u feel the pain because of the compression bandage is making preassure against it
i was pretty worried about it, because i thought some nerve was there injured, so imagine if u feel that pain for long time or something, u cant do a normal life; i only felt the pain in the left side, thats why i was worried
anyway, in the evening it stopped, last time i checked it, my tissue on the left side was bigger than the right one and very hard, even the top part that shouldnt be affected directly, becaise everything was in the nipple area
this morning, i woke up really good, no pain at all, and the swelling dissapeared in the upper part of the left chest and its of the same texture than the right side
so everything is perfect again, but u know, once u have removed ur drains, u can suffer some pains and swellings
just be prepared for it and it wont be a big deal after all

Seems like the exact type of thing that happened to me. But mine went away after like 5-6 days. Grats on the op.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024