Author Topic: Interesting forum  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Gyno2110

• Posting Member
It seems like to some on here that dealing with gynecomastia should just be a shut up and deal with like I do attitude.  There is no other way and if you elect to have a relatively simple procedure for most of us then it's pure vanity and you're weak minded.  Most of the comments that I see from people who are passionately against it will usually list all their accomplishments in spite of it (gynecomastia).  We'll I think we all have our accomplishments in spite of many things in life but not all of us want to deal with gyno.  Are there risks involved sure.  We take risks every time we wake up (thank the lord).  But because in most cases it poses no health risk that we should continue in whatever distress it causes because it's not life threatening brings into so many other arguments that we risk being hypocritical.   I had jaw surgery when I was younger and my parents made that decision for me.  It was like 4-8 hours long and I ended up with some type of hematoma on one side.  Was it necessary for me to live, no but it probably helped my over bite and not being called bucky by all the kids.  We all do things in vain from time to time.  But it does seem like some are just at a point where they're  comfortable with it because of their age and if they had endured it as a youth or adolescent then they might be singing a different tune.

rrr

I am not at all opposed to surgery, nor am I opposed to guys keeping their boobs.
One thing that irritates me is when people (not just on this forum), perceive an imperfection (real or imagined) and then go on about how it is/did ruin their lives, or that they HAVE to have it surgically corrected. All this because they need to be able to post "perfect" pictures to the internet or so they can be perfect when they find their perfect partner (good luck with that).

Another thing that I find amusing - not really irritating - is when people who are obese - focus on one little thing as an imperfection while ignoring the 200lbs of extra fat they have on their bodies. Fat on their chest, crooked teeth, etc., etc.
Bummed
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:16:55 PM by Bummed »

Offline TigerPaws

If a man wants cosmetic surgery then all he has to do is to pay his money and take his chances.

But even a "simple" procedure can go horribly wrong and let us be honest not all physicians, hospitals and support staff are the same, some are more competent than others and when a mistake happens it will be the man who suffers the consequences.

Like it or not no cosmetic surgical procedure will cure mental instability or make someone more accepted by their peers or society.

Most so called friends are not really anything more and casual antiquates which come and go and in reality could care less about you.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Most of us who are older remember a time when surgery was not really a good option like it is now.
We remember an age where the most effective treatment for Gynecomatia was "Counselling."

Obviously times have changed.  with a competent surgeon, the surgery is: Safe, and effective.  
Those of us who are older frequently have different priorities, but that should not be taken to mean that we disapprove of surgery for anyone else. 
When the internet emerged years ago, I thought that conditions like ours would quickly become well known and would as a result simply fail to be a big deal for anyone.  Sadly, bad information travels just as fast and it is more sensational.   The Stigma attached to Gynecomastia is greater for the young man of today than anything I ever had to deal with. 
Grandpa Dan

rrr

Paa_Paw said:

Sadly, bad information travels just as fast and it is more sensational.   The Stigma attached to Gynecomastia is greater for the young man of today than anything I ever had to deal with. 

I have to disagree with you here. If there is more acceptance of xxxxgenders, gay marriage, and (sadly) obesity, why would a guy with boobs be worse off today than back in the day when nothing out of the ordinary was accepted?
The only difference today is that young people are throwing themselves on the world stage (voluntarily) to be judged on appearance. They are happily exposing themselves to be ridiculed. Get a grip, live in reality, and put the damn phone down.
Bummed

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I can accept your difference of opinion. 
The major difference is that it was simply something to live with when I was young and I never looked at it as any sort of stigma.  Today there are young men who base their self image on the idea that they are somehow deformed.  That is really sick to my thinking. 

Offline Era

• Silver Member
It seems like to some on here that dealing with gynecomastia should just be a shut up and deal with like I do attitude.  There is no other way and if you elect to have a relatively simple procedure for most of us then it's pure vanity and you're weak minded.  Most of the comments that I see from people who are passionately against it will usually list all their accomplishments in spite of it (gynecomastia).  We'll I think we all have our accomplishments in spite of many things in life but not all of us want to deal with gyno.  Are there risks involved sure.  We take risks every time we wake up (thank the lord).  But because in most cases it poses no health risk that we should continue in whatever distress it causes because it's not life threatening brings into so many other arguments that we risk being hypocritical.   I had jaw surgery when I was younger and my parents made that decision for me.  It was like 4-8 hours long and I ended up with some type of hematoma on one side.  Was it necessary for me to live, no but it probably helped my over bite and not being called bucky by all the kids.  We all do things in vain from time to time.  But it does seem like some are just at a point where they're  comfortable with it because of their age and if they had endured it as a youth or adolescent then they might be singing a different tune.

Yeah I agree, I don't know why that tiger paws guy is even here he is probably just a lonely old dude.

Offline TigerPaws

Yeah I agree, I don't know why that tiger paws guy is even here he is probably just a lonely old dude.

LoL! Era link define "old"? When you are 13 someone who is 25 is old, when you are 30, someone over 60 is old. When you are 60 someone dead and buried is old.

While I am over 60, old is a matter of perspective. If you live long enough you will be as old as you feel, what is old to you Era link today will eventually be what you see in the mirror if you live that long.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024