Author Topic: When will we truly triumph over Gynecomastia?  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
In the local forum for Europe there is a current thread about one man's triumph over Gynecomastia. He had surgery.

I do not think surrender is a triumph. I do not mean to malign anyone who has surgery, but it would be a real victory if no one had the feeling that they needed surgery. A real victory would be when no one cared about Gynecomastia.

When the internet first started to become a popular medium of information exchange, I had very high hopes. My hope was that the truth about the condition of Gynecomstia would be commonly available and any stigma attached to the condition would simply dissappear.

What has happened is that charlatains have filled the net with advertisements for phony "Cures" and "Photo Shopped" images give unrealistic ideas of what a person should look like. Misinformation proliferates at light speed and the young men of today are even more stigmatized than in the past.

Sad.
Grandpa Dan

Offline TheEnglishOne

• Posting Member
As many member have said before its how that person can cope with having it , some people dont care where as i have an athethletic build its like being a female with a complete flat chest , its embarassing so much i cannot do any of the activities that i used to love and cannot wear the clothes i desire.

Even sadder is i cant go to the gym because if i lose say 5/6lbs i would be really cut and defined but i may lose the small bit of fat in my chest and the gland would protrude even more.

Offline TigerPaws

As many member have said before its how that person can cope with having it , some people dont care where as i have an athethletic build its like being a female with a complete flat chest , its embarassing so much i cannot do any of the activities that i used to love and cannot wear the clothes i desire.

Even sadder is i cant go to the gym because if i lose say 5/6lbs i would be really cut and defined but i may lose the small bit of fat in my chest and the gland would protrude even more.

TheEnglishOne, the problem is not with your body but your opinion of your body, it is your self image that is the problem. Surgery is an option but just like so many women who get breast augmentation you may soon realize that whatever surgical procedure you had only made things worse.

If you come to grips with who and what you are then any perceived issue with you chest should come into perspective. I know and have helped many young men come to grips with sever war wounds, missing arms, legs and parts of their face move on with their life. If these men can get past this and more anyone can.

All you have to do is to decide to make it so.

Offline TheEnglishOne

• Posting Member
very true, but its all about wanting what you desire in life, i wish to be a successful IT technician, which i am working as now at 17, but be defined not for other people to look at but for myself , so i am in the best possible shape eliminating any chance of bad problems etc. My dads family of brothers all have had a disc slip surgery, 2 years worth of pain, something trigers but i think me and my brother will be at risk so i want to make it miniaml and be in shape.

hammer

I have nothing against a person getting the surgery if they chose to do so, however, I have to agree with Paa_ Paw as far as if that is " winning the battle"!  I would call that giving in to pressures to society.

If infact a person cannot win this battle and the only way to move on, then have the surgery. I compare it to someone with something like OCD or depression and needs a medication to handle the problem. And that is OK, there is no shame to mental health problems.

I have a very strong self esteem and self conference, I can do anything that I decide to do. It took me sometime to figure out that there are very few people like that, and not even willing to try to gain the self improvement either with some help.

With all that being said, I will say it again, have the surgery if you need to, but I have to agree with Paa_Paw, that is not triumph over gynecomastia!

Offline Xavier

• Bronze Member

Offline TheEnglishOne

• Posting Member
although i would love surgery it seems at the same time, as much as i hate having it i would miss the gyne being there lol if you can understand.

hammer

Yes, I can understand! They are a part of you after a while. Not that you like them, but, it like having a mustache for so long you wouldn't know yourself if you looked it the mirror without it!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024