Author Topic: Surgery in 5 hours!  (Read 9568 times)

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Off to see Dr. Fielding in Toronto for my surgery. Wish me luck, I'll keep you guys posted!.
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Best of luck my man!

Say hello to JCF for me...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 good luck!
   another lucky man  on his  way to  flat chest freedom!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

We are waiting for you on the 'Other Side'....  ;)

GB

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Just got home.. The long and the short of it is like this. It was a great experience. I had to arrive 2.5 hours early.. Which was the worst thing of the whole experience. Checked in, wasted some time reading magazines. at 11am I was brought in by the anesthesiologist and we went over what was going to happen. I then went to the operating room where I met up with Doc Fielding and his entourage. The operating room reminded me of that alien autopsy documentary. We chatted a bit, next thing I new I was in recovery. No pain. Minor discomfort. As I got ready to leave, I sat up and noticed my Right moob was larger than the left. I thought that couldn't be good. I had to sit around for an hour or so (Doc Fielding was in surgery). He came out and told me the vest was not on perfectly and I had a bit of soft swelling. So, all is well. I'll post some pics when I get to take the vest off.. But, for those who wonder how bad my gyne WAS. They extracted 855mls.. Or over two pop cans worth. I feel like a new man already and am excited to move on with the rest of my life.
For those who are thinking about doing it. Go for it. Psychologically, you'll be so much happier. I plan on hanging around the forum for quite a while. But, I wanted to say thanks to the guys here who have motivated me, given advice and just contributed information here that I could use. I'm sure I'll have questions along the way.
Cheers.

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
DCBR78 congrats !

I'm really happy for you and hope the results turn out great. I will be having surgery with Fielding in 2 weeks.

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
Quick question, you said you have a vest on. How long do you have to keep it for, and if you wear something on top, could people actually notice you're wearing one ?

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Quick question, you said you have a vest on. How long do you have to keep it for, and if you wear something on top, could people actually notice you're wearing one ?

Ok,. the vest is like a cross between an undershirt and a bulletproof vest, it's maybe half the length of a shirt. If you have a sweatshirt overtop, it's not really noticable. T-shirt, it is. I have to wear it for 7 days, meaning sponge bathing only and NO removal. In 7 days I go to see the doctor for the follow up. At that point I can start taking it off to shower and to wash the vest. The total time is 3 weeks, unless for some reason they reccomend more at that time. Lucky for me, I live in Canada and being cold out, I can get away with wearing a coat or whatever when I'm out this time of year. So far, it's not really a bother. The way I see it. Recovering from Gyne happens in small milestones. The first was the surgery, next will be the vest coming off. Then eventually, not feeling the need to wear a tshirt all the time is the ultimate goal. I'll post a pic of the vest tomorrow.

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
DCBR78 congrats !

I'm really happy for you and hope the results turn out great. I will be having surgery with Fielding in 2 weeks.

I'll tell you. It's a great feeling once you wake up from surgery and you know that it's the beginning of a new you. Doc Fielding was great and I'm glad I picked him to do the surgery. Best of luck to you.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
The way I see it. Recovering from Gyne happens in small milestones. The first was the surgery, next will be the vest coming off. Then eventually, not feeling the need to wear a tshirt all the time is the ultimate goal. I'll post a pic of the vest tomorrow.

This is so true.  For me the milestones are:
1 consultation
2 surgery
3 Vest comes off
4 Tape comes off (they have put tape over my nipples to prevent stretching of the scars)

But i'm sure some other stuff like scar tissue will pop up somewhere along the way.  You just have to be patient and accept the fact that it takes a long time for your body to heal from this surgery.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Well, it's day two.

Since I'm not working today, I just rolled out of bed. A hint of caution. As good as you may feel the night you come home. Take the pain meds the following morning just as you get up. I'm by no means in agony, but, I did feel a little better yesterday, I'm sure it's the pain meds that were still in me. I'd survive just fine without them, but, why have discomfort if you can avoid it? So I'm lounging around today.. Should be fun...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Congrats dude!

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Congrats dude!

GB

Thanks. I've got my follow up Tuesday, Hopefully all is going as planned. Life is good.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Thanks. I've got my follow up Tuesday.

Be sure to let us know how you make out...

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024