Author Topic: Surgery planned next week  (Read 1572 times)

Offline D24

• Bronze Member
Hi, I'm pretty new here and have been browsing the site for a while.

My Gyno surgery is planned for next week, have to say I'm feeling a little nervous about it but am trying to think mostly about the benefits i.e freedom of wearing what i want and all round feeling better about myself.
I think the aftercare is the part I'm most concerned about, worried about bleeding or moving/stretching to far etc.

Iv'e had Gyno since i was 13 so around 11 years now. consulted doc at 13 yr old and was told it would dissapear with age but it didn't. It caused all the usual problems i.e shy around my fiancee with top off, swimming and on holiday by the beach etc.

My dad is a bodybuilder so at 13 i started to train with him and over the years i gained muscle and dropped body fat significantly but gyno remained. Then about 4 years ago i stopped training because the Gyno didn't go away. i subsequently stopped eating a healthy diet and gained around 6 stone. Just before Christmas 2008 i started to get very tender around my left nipple and sought medical advise. They scanned me and confirmed i had Gyno and agreed to operate after questioning how i felt about the Gyno. So in march i thought right that's it time to get my life back in order so i returned to the gym to restart my bodybuilding and drop as much fat as poss before surgery, iv'e dropped just short of 3 stone and gained most of the muscle i had before so in terms of fat i have lost a lot of it. Still a way to go but I'm looking at the surgery as the remedy i have always wanted but never had the confidence to seek help. So I'm hoping for a speedy recovery and to return to normal activities ASAP. The procedure will be liposuction only which the surgeon assures me will be enough and no incision will be needed around the nipple area which i don't understand as i have puffy nipples as well. I have my pre-op appointment on Tuesday so i will ask again.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 11:00:31 AM by D24 »

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
Yo man what did the surgeon say when you had your consult? If you have puffy nipples, I would be very, very skeptical about lipo only, because in puffy nipples there is almost always some gland. Moreover, a surgeon cannot definitively say there is no gland before actually cutting you open...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024