Author Topic: Concerned about having to sleep on back  (Read 1716 times)

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
I've read from several sources that you must sleep on your back while wearing the compression for a while after the surgery. This worries me because I get sleep paralysis only when I sleep on my back. Is there no other option?

Offline dab84

• Posting Member
For the first 10 days, after surgery, my Dr advised me to sleep on my back at a high gradient. After that it was up to me to listen to my body and do what's best.

I didn't feel comfortable being on my side for about 3 weeks. I am at 8 weeks now and I still tend to sleep on my back. I don't have the garnet on now and it's fine sleeping on my side, but my chest will be more swollen in the morning if I do this.

So in short for a period of time, as far as I was told, you will need to sleep on your back.

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
I see. I do not look forward to that because I get horrible nightmare-like visions during sleep paralysis. As if I didn't have enough to worry about already lol.

Offline Cpnh78

• Posting Member
The drugs help the first few days, I'm 2 weeks out and now I have just gotten used to sleeping on my back

Offline A17DYB

• Posting Member
Iv now been out of surgery for 2 nights and suprisingly dont find it that hard to sleep on my back even tho i always used to sleep face down, however i been told that i gotta keep the vest on for atleast 6 weeks but cant take it off at all for the first week even to wash which im already finding uncomfortable  tbh other than that it seems ok but i didnt realise the swellin can tempararely come back in the mornin  if u sleep on ur stomach

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
I don't even sleep on my stomach, it's always been on my sides. Like on my shoulders and hips.

What I'm thinking of trying when I have to sleep on my back is to slightly tilt sideways and atleast turn my head. Maybe then I wont have the problems.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024