Author Topic: Concerned About the Number of People Saying it Came Back After Surgery  (Read 1516 times)

Offline itoffishul

• Posting Member
Can we do an informal poll here?

A) How long since you had your surgery

and

B) Would you say you are satisfied with it?

also

C) Where did you get it done?

Thanks

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member

All 3 questions and much more are answered in My Story with the link below.

I see you've been a member of this forum for a few years now and still hasn't made the move.  May I ask what the reason is?

Good luck!
---Bobby

Offline itoffishul

• Posting Member
Hi thanks I will check it out. I haven't really posted much...

I have been hesitant because my body is pretty good all things considered, my diet and knowledge of holistic health has kept me in very good shape.

But I do still feel that nagging concern, worry, etc...Feeling of not being whole or complete until I truly feel comfortable with my chest.

Sometimes like after I swam in the ocean (see other topic) it feels very tight and comfortable, I feel comfortable in my own skin.

Other times I feel the jigglyness for lack of a better term, the protrusion, and im back to feeling like im in high school again and everyone is staring at me.

I am in Michigan but now seriously considering something. Not sure where to go though and again concerned about all the unsatisfied people here.

Thanks, looking forward to your reply.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
When your body is exposed to cold temperatures (such as after a swim in Lake Michigan), there are normal and physiologic changes in the skin of the areolas -- it tightens.  That is due to the action of a thin layer of muscle in that area.  When the muscle tightens, the areolar diameter diminishes and produces small ridges on the skin.  Presto -- your nipples and chest look great!  And if you have minor puffy nipples, they too will magically appear flush with the surrounding skin because the muscle has, in essence, pushed in the excess tissue.  

But this is all temporary because when that areolar muscle relaxes, everything goes back to its original state.

There is a simple but very impractical method of improving your chest:  just walk around with an ice cube and apply it to your chest periodically!  ;D       Otherwise, surgery can offer a permanent answer.  If you choose the latter route, then do your homework carefully and seek the opinion of a plastic surgeon in your area with demonstrated interest and expertise in gyne surgery.  Or, if necessary, consider traveling for that expert opinion.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline itoffishul

• Posting Member
Excellent thank you Dr.

I'm also curious if a surgeon knows beforehand how the skin will react. One post below showed a flap of skin around one of the nipples post surgery and I want to make sure the results of mine would be tight!

I know age factors in a lot. I am 31 going on 32 in May any thoughts on that and skin tightness relatng to results and making sure a tight and natural look is achieved? That part also seems like a risk.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Skin tightening depends upon elasticity.  Elasticity depends upon your age, health, prior significant overweight (60-100 lbs or more over your present weight), exposure to the sun, smoking history and genetic background.

Usually, in the hands of an experienced gyne surgeon, given a young, healthy guy whose weight is stable (and has never been overweight), the skin will tighten up quite nicely.

I think you should consult with an experienced gyne surgeon -- many of your fears will be addressed.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024