Author Topic: Surgery now or after weight loss?  (Read 1517 times)

Offline rahuljain

• Posting Member
Hi folks,

This website gives me the strength and courage to live life positively,I have been suffering from this idiotic condition

since I was 12 or 13..Now I am 30..

I have been reading posts for such a long time,but couldnt go in for surgery for couple of reasons.When I was in my begining

of my carrier I had financial worries+Fat on my body..I still am over weight by 10 kilos according to my BMI..

Now I am married and have a beautiful kiddo..I have now no Financial problems..But now I have a fear if I go under the knife

and if something happens to me?? I dont want my wife and daughter to loose me at this point of time..Fatal Surgery reactions

could be from General anaesthesia 90% of the time..But at the same time I feel when my kid grows lil big and I cant open my

shirt on beaches,swimming etc etc..

This part of me says that I should be positive and go for the surgery..

I have attached my ugly body's pics..In 1 pic you can see my normal position and in other 2 pics you can see myself

stretching..

My questions:

1.Should I workout seriously and just concentrate to loose extra weight before surgery?
2.Go for surgery immediately
3.Never go for surgery?

Looking for positive replies..

Offline igotum

• Bronze Member
That is a personal question that only you can answer. I have much larger breasts than you and would never consider surgery. The appearance does not bother me much. My breasts are tender and need a bra to support them except for bed time. Otherwise they hurt. I don't have a problem but that is just me. Age does make a difference too. I am 68. There are a lot of guys over 50 on this forum that feel like I do. If your breasts really bother you then I would opt for surgery. A heart to heart talk with your wife will help make up your mind. My wife is on the same page as me. "We" don't really like it but at our age have other issues that overshadow the gyne issue. 

Offline rahuljain

• Posting Member
Hello Igotium,

Thankyou for your wonderful advice, yes age does matter and im only 30 and have full life ahead...though have lost my school and college days fun time...
I dont fear surgery but just  "what if something happens" Is it worth taking risk or not?
My wife wants me to first come to ideal weight and then we can assess the situation, though she is too against the surgery...anyways lets see what happens if i loose my weight..im giving myself 6 months wherein i will change my lifestyle with proper diet and exercise..

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
I recommend losing weight before surgery.  My surgeon told me the day of surgery that it made his job easier knowing what was breast tissue and excess fat.
I can't speak for the doctors on here but there's minimal risk involved with this type of procedure.
Whatever you decide to do, best of luck and make sure you return with post op pics :)

Cheers!  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024