Author Topic: Do you shave your chest?  (Read 9875 times)

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.
I have gyne and it can look pretty bad but I think it would look worse if it was hairy so I shave my chest every 2-3 days.
I grow hair around my nipple and all over my chest and i think it makes me look like my gyne is worse or I'm trying to hide it with a forest.

I was just wondering who shaves their chest here and do they think it makes their gyno look better or worse?
Lose 18 lbs FAT by October (12 so far)

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i figure what hair i've got balances out the female effect that doesn't belong there and would look worse without it.  but my case isn't as severe as some others.  but like disk said, it's not like anyone gets a chance to have an opinion on it either way ;) 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
When I had teh gyne I'd leave the hair there as it sort of hid the puffy nipples.  Now that I don't have it  :) I keep meaning to get my chest waxed but haven't gotten around to it yet.  Whether you want to remove your chest hair or not, I recommend you don't shave, as it will grow back thicker and uglier, and leaves gross red dots.  Use some other means of hair removal.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 01:07:17 AM by The_G0rn »
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
i do sometimes  i have hair around my nipple very small hair in the middle. Sometimes they grow long but i dont care, nobody sees my chest or anything like that, its not like im going to put my picture with my breasts flying around as my avatar picture for gynecomastia.org boards.  ::)

lol...I'm gonna assume that was meant in good humor

I don't know why you'd put anything else...if this was a computer forum wouldn't you expect avatars of people with their computer gear?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 11:44:39 PM by womanboob »

Offline MSJ108

Prob won't be able to see gyne as much if you have chest hair.

On side not, from your picture on the left I don't see much gyne. It's small though so hard to really see.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I agree with HHH, I think that the hair tends to conceal more than accentuate. The effect is more masculine since the feminine chest normally lacks a significant amount of hair.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Yea I shaved my chest once, defiantly the worst thing I did in my life....the itching was terrible, when I get my surgery I might wax, but shaving is not gonna happen.... I almost tore off my skin from the itching .... ugh
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
i shaved 1x and learned my lesson. now when the wookie in me starts to show i break out the clippers and trim the chest hair to shorten it up but never again will i shave it

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
A Wookie? LOL!

You got me with that comment. I not only have a lot of hair on my chest, I have more on my back than most men have on their chests. So far though, No one has compared me with a Wookie.

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
lmao wookie's a first for me too...

p.s. my gyne is bad the angle of the pic is just not revealing all the gyne

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
hmmm and I was just starting to wonder if I should shave my chest.... I just had gyne removal.

I remember last time my friends had a swim party (naturally I didnt partake I just hung out like a weirdo with clothes on...) and I noticed how hardly any of them had any chest hair..... many none at all..... they were bald like 12 year old kids

It had me wondering.....just how common is it that dudes shave their chest? Are they doing it often now? its got me self conscious about having chest hair suddenly... I still feel a little weird about taking my shirt off.....I was tempted to shave it recently but...... gosh I dunno........... Im finding myself a little confused recen recently...

So if I shaved my chest that would include shaving the stomach all the way down I guess....

this is weird. so thats how often I wonder I would need to do that. Straight down motion Im guessing?? I guess I need to attend another pool party and make an educated decision..... or maybe I should just get a girl and right out ask what she wants....

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I certainly cannot believe that any female wants to get intimate with a guy who feels like 30 grit sandpaper. For this reason alone, shaving does not sound like a very good idea.

The practice of waxing is something I have no experience with. How long does the hair take to start regrowing? Does it start growing out fine/soft or coarse/bristley?

Men did not commonly shave at all until comparatively recent time. In a book from the 1800's that I was looking through, The practice of shaving was considered the height of vanity; Trying to maintain the facial appearance of a youth. The whole thing about hair restoration etc. is another example of men trying to look much younger than they really are. Removal of hair from the body would logically fit into that as well.

Now almost all of us shave regularly and give it no thought. Hair restoration is common as is dying and permanents for some men. A small number of men are using cosmetics. Removing the body hair would seem a logical extension of that pattern. But at some point we have to simply stop and say that is enough. I absolutely refuse to use cosmetics, get manicures, and pedicures.

Offline MSJ108

I shave chest and stomach. First few times you do it you are itchy and get ingrown hairs. As you continue to shave your skin "gets used to it"

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
I shave chest and stomach. First few times you do it you are itchy and get ingrown hairs. As you continue to shave your skin "gets used to it"

yea thats true about the skin getting used to it, but until it gets used to it, the itching is terrible... God I cant even imagine how bad it would be to shave a day before surgery and then be stuck with a compression vest for 3 weeks over the itchy shaved hairs...

Offline MSJ108

yea thats true about the skin getting used to it, but until it gets used to it, the itching is terrible... God I cant even imagine how bad it would be to shave a day before surgery and then be stuck with a compression vest for 3 weeks over the itchy shaved hairs...

Ya that wouldn't be pleasant!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024