Author Topic: 3 weeks post op  (Read 2509 times)

Offline MikeTheDane

Hello everyone

Had surgery with dr. benito 4 weeks ago. He did warn me that healing is uneven and that healing would take around 6 months. After ditching the compression vest, it seems like my nips are once again "sagging"(while it looked great for the first 2-3 weeks)

At what point should i expect a reversal of this? 2 months? thanks.

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
What did you have done, and got any pics?

Offline MikeTheDane

no pics atm, but i've had gland removal of a mild case, mostly puffy nipples..

Offline MikeTheDane

Offline Wheeeee!

• Posting Member
I had more than just the nipples done mate as I had fat behind the gland too but I'm three weeks post-op too and I've noticed that since I'm not wearing the vest 24/7 the swelling comes up quite a lot when it's off. Every day looks a bit different, sometimes flatter, sometimes more swollen. It's hard not to look at the initial results and think "wow" and subsequently get disappointed when we see things change for, what we think, the worse.

Not sure how long it takes to get a "final" result. A lot of people here say 6 months, some a year but I wouldn't worry too much until you are a bit further post-op. If you think about it, what could have changed since the initial great result? Easier said than done though!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 05:41:00 PM by Wheeeee! »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Not sure how long it takes to get a "final" result. A lot of people here say 6 months, some a year but I wouldn't worry too much until you are a bit further post-op.

Six months to a year for 'final' results.

As Wheeeee! mentioned... don't worry about it too much until you are a bit further post-op. I'd say give it at least 3 months, 6 would be better, to pass judgment on surgery results.  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline MikeTheDane

thanks. If i could have significant improvement by summer i will be very happy!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024